Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • PSA Shimano gear cable inner wire
  • Lakes_Puma

I’m not sure if I am missing something but just had these delivered and seems like a great price bearing in mind some places are charging about £4 for one of them

20 inner cables

wwaswas

they’ve got other stuff cheap too so I don’t think it’s a pricing error. We’ll see 🙂

iainc

nice one, just ordered a 10m roll of SP41 outer – great price

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Lakes_Puma

Yep iainc, I got a roll of that too :-), it’s arrived and is in a sealed bag with the usual Shimano multi-language installation pamphlet, but there are no markings on the outer cable itself.

iainc

Yep iainc, I got a roll of that too :-), it’s arrived and is in a sealed bag with the usual Shimano multi-language installation pamphlet, but there are no markings on the outer cable itself.

excellent, sounds pretty genuine

lowey

Brilliant. I was just about to order a new cable set today.

beaker2135

Nice one, thanks

thepurist

Cheers – was just thinking I needed to recable my hard tail

oldschool

Am I not seeing something? if I click on the link from Lakes_Puma I don’t see where it says 20 cables? Please someone enlighten me.

Doh!

Sorry guys there is one mistake with the SHIMANO SPARES Road / Mtb Polymer-Coated Gear Inner Wire Box of 20, but everything else should be fine.

One cable is meant to be RRP £17.99 😯

It was supposed to be one cable for £10.53 we were selling on our site but I’ve accidentally included the outer qty on the description. 😐

For those that have ordered I’m happy to give you 1 cable for £3 as it was my mistake. (Obviously you would get a refund of £7.53)

Please don’t be mad at me. It’s Monday morning and I’ve fixed the mistake. We are still taking a fair bit of a loss on selling one cable at £3 but I’ll do it since its my mistake. Is that fair enough?

wwaswas

I think the description has been changed the url is

http://www.singletrackbikes.co.uk/m7b0s418p27707/SHIMANO_SPARES_Road_Mtb_Polymer-Coated_Gear_Inner_Wire_1_2_X_2100_Box_20

but the Box 20 bit is missing in the description now.

I’ve still got the confirmation page up in my browser and it said box 20 on there.

[edit] ah, that explains it.

[further edit] don’t worry, these things happen. My order number was 20140127081905-016884 probably easiest if it’s just cancelled – I don’t want you losing money on it and I hope there’s no paypal fees for you – take them off the refund if there are.

iainc

singletrackbikes – no worries, I ordered a couple of the PTFE inner cables and a roll of SP41, so should be fine. Re earlier comments on the SP41 not having writing on it – is it the same stuff ?

Thanks

Thanks. It’s definitely SP41 so fill yer boots.

Dave

beaker2135

Fine by me Dave
    If it looks too good to be true…

Transaction Reference Number : 67575919

For those that have ordered I’m happy to give you 1 cable for £3 as it was my mistake. (Obviously you would get a refund of £7.53)

Better point out now that this applies to orders placed before my reply and not every order coming through after as the listing has been fixed. Just before I get the “You said you’d refund £7.53 if I ordered….” 🙂

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Bugger. Was going to order 500 tomorrow when I had more time.

500 x £7.53 = Glee

Just to confirm – if your order says:
    SHIMANO SPARES Road / Mtb Polymer-Coated Gear Inner Wire 1.2 X 2100 362795 Y63Z98951
    Then you are buying one cable at £10.99

If you order says:
    SHIMANO SPARES Road / Mtb Polymer-Coated Gear Inner Wire 1.2 X 2100 Box 20 362795 Y63Z98951
    You are getting one cable at £3 and a refund of £7.53.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just count yourself lucky those HKUD vampires didn’t catch wind of it.

Now that would have been a ballheadache.

lowey

Dave, these things happen mate.

My ref was 20140127085441-016888

Just cancel the order complete please mate. Cheers.

That’s been done for you lowey.
    Cheers
    Dave

njee20
    Free Member

Great reaction to the pricing error, well done to lowey, wwaswas and beaker! My faith in the sometimes ‘gannet like’ PSA response well and truly restored!

chakaping
    Free Member

Yep thanks for the original PSA – and to Singletrack Bikes for offering a reasonable solution when I called them.

🙂

thepurist

Ah well. Too good to be true eh 😉

Please cancel 20140127094031-016895

Thanks

No bother thepurist. That has been done for you. 😉

Northwind

Hi, I dropped an email through earlier but no reply, so just in case could you cancel order 20140127095438-016897 please?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

PITCHF….. oh.

Most of us were at the Core Bike Show Northwind which is why you’ve not had a reply yet. I’ll cancel your order in the morning….. if my eyes open after 17 hours of driving!!

cyclistm
    Free Member

Slightly off topic, is there an SP41 equivalent for brake cable outer?

andyl
    Free Member

Shimano want how much for a PTFE inner cable now? Crikey.

Unfortunately the Shimano cable is nicer than Clarkes PTFE version which can be picked up very cheap (Clarkes seems coarser) so I normally go with shimanos plain stainless. How can shimano ask that much for a single cable when the full XTR kit can be picked up for a little over £20?

Actually just looked and good price for the full XTR kit: http://www.singletrackbikes.co.uk/m7b0s418p18773/SHIMANO_SPARES_MTB_XTR_gear_cable_set_with_PTFE_coated_inner_wire_black

admittedly you would need to buy some more sp41 outer for full length outers but I really like the XTR inners and sealed cable ferrules.

Northwind

No worries, thanks for getting back to me! Just didn’t want to waste your time posting things out then posting back.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘PSA Shimano gear cable inner wire’ is closed to new replies.