Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • PSA Scott Mind baggy shorts mucho cheapness
  • cinnamon_girl

I am of course looking forward to being dazzled on the trails. 😉

grum
    Free Member

Ordered some gloves and matching shorts – can’t wait to look like even more of a tool than normal. Need a dayglo coloured helmet as well though really.

I_Ache
    Free Member

ae212060 – Member
    I shall point and laugh as I ride alongside then Mossy.

And I will point back at you in my matching gloves laughing at you.

dantsw13

The trails should be quite colourful this summer, no???

chrisdw
    Free Member

Anyone who ordered on Thurs before bank holiday.

Has your stuff been dispatched yet?

dantsw13

I had an email Fri telling me gloves out of stock 🙁

kimbers

my shorts and gloves arrived today, gloves very tight , shorts very bright !

grum
    Free Member

I got an email with a shipment number on saturday, I assume that means they’ve been sent.

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks for the PSA.

Got some of the shorts and a gilet so far – waiting for more shorts, a jersey, gloves, another gilet, a softshell jacket and a DH top to come.

Seemed daft not to at those prices.

I got this gilet, but in white and yellow.

Really nice quality and fit (normal roadie sizing, ie. large if you’re medium in civvies.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I ordered early on Thursday and got a dispatch mail on Friday. Hopefully it was delivered today while I was off work. I will find out in the morning.

neninja
    Free Member

Wore my Mind shorts today – wish I’d bought another pair as they the most comfy shorts I’ve got. Great fabric.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Hopefully mine arrive. Been some sort of issue with my order that they are looking to resolve.

Was looking forward to purple shorts!

davosaurusrex

First pair I ordered turned up really quickly but have been waiting for 2 grey pairs for well over a week. Missed a delivery today though so hoping that’s them. Reckon they’ve had a few orders, hope everyone gets their gaudy swag!

joshbosh12
    Free Member

I’ve had my mind shorts for almost a year and apart from being a little big they’re the best shorts i have!
    I sure hope no one looks at me on the trail and thinks “he only paid £15 for those”….

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have mine now too, they are a little bright but that’s fine. I went to buy some more today and they are sold out of all but the black. I wish the turquoise top had the black section at the bottom. Its a bit ott as it is. The D30 gloves are great too, a little tight putting them on but really comfortable.

chakaping
    Free Member

Rest of my stuff came today.

All seems really good quality, well made and cut.

Wore the “Minus” gilet yesterday for a windy 30 mile ride and I’m really pleased with it. Bargain for the 25 quid I think I paid.

😀

tang
    Free Member

Got the jacket today, looks great, fits nice. Going to be used on teaching days on the bike, they won’t miss me!

dave360

Got mine today. Very nice. Will be making their debut in Alpes Maritime next week.

tor5
    Free Member

Got an email saying they didn’t have my shorts asked if I wanted alternative or refund. Replied asking what the alternatives are, haven’t heard anything since 😕

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Got an email saying they didn’t have my shorts asked if I wanted alternative

that happened with my order last week, and after a little bit of email to-ing and fro-ing i got a despatch email on tuesday afternoon.
    i suspect they’re insanely busy with this little lot!

davosaurusrex

Is there a James Rintoul in the house?

davosaurusrex

Just been for first ride in my purple shorts, teamed with my green Endura softshell. The wife took one look at me, shook her head and said “oh dear”. But she’s German so what would she know about taste. Exactly. Have to say though they are the nicest shorts I’ve owned. I hate restrictive shorts and these are anything but.
    The two large grey pairs I ordered turned up today along with a medium pair for the fella mentioned above, have spotted his phone number on the invoice so will let him know. I’m getting the impression Start aren’t all that competent when it comes to online orders…..

ocrider

Quick question for all you purple pant people.

Whats the pad in the liner like?

grum
    Free Member

my shorts and gloves arrived today, gloves very tight , shorts very bright !

+1

I’ll look like a dick but they seem good quality. Thanks for the PSA OP.

davosaurusrex

Pad is comfy, not the thickest, plushest around one but no nappy bum syndrome, nice fit.

ae212060
    Free Member

Liner short isn’t up to much. Useful for cycling round to a friends, on a social ride with the other half or on a commute maybe. Purple shorts are spot on though. Trade on those is closer to £50, so full on bargains all round..

Looks like they’re only just setting up online. All the Scott stuff was originally listed on startfitness instead of startcycles. Also the stock levels were inconsistent with the eBay account, which is prob why some of you are getting out of stock e-mails.

chakaping
    Free Member

Liner short isn’t up to much.

I’ve only done a 20-mile CX ride in the liner (under bibs), but I was pretty impressed with it.

ae212060
    Free Member

Fair one. The cut isn’t great for me and the gripper on the leg doesn’t keep my leg warmers up, padding is quite good though. Depends what you’re used to I guess.
    The way I see it, the liner was a bonus for the price paid.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘PSA Scott Mind baggy shorts mucho cheapness’ is closed to new replies.