• This topic has 33 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • PSA – Sale bargains thread
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Sigma have got the Wahoo Element mini for £39 – seems a bargain as a simple GPS
    https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Wahoo/ELEMNT-MINI-Bike-Computer-and-RPM-Speed/FGLC

jam-bo

Doesn’t have its own gps. It’s a remote display for your phone.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I got some Specialized road shoes this morning from Cyclesurgery – £150 down to £55. They only had my size (46) left 😎. Also got an Altura pocket rocket jacket for £30, was £80.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wordnumb
    Free Member

I got me some Walkers Sensations Coated Sweet Chilli Peanuts, £1 reduced from double that @ Waitrose.

natrix
    Free Member

My local Asda was overstocked and was giving away bags of veg, as much sprouts, broccoli, carrots and turnips as you wanted…….

DezB
    Free Member

Spesh have a ‘clearance’ sale – best deals seem to be tyres, eg. Butcher BLCK DMND 2Bliss at £26.50
    Pergatory/Butcher GRID 2Bliss £17.50/£18.00

https://www.specialized.com/gb/en/shop/sale/c/sale?q=%3Aprice-desc%3Aarchived%3Afalse%3Aclearance%3Atrue&show=All

damascus
    Free Member

I’ve been a bit disappointed with the cycling components sales this year. I think black friday, cyber Monday which is basically all of november and a pretty competitive market means there’s not much around. Odd sizes, old stock etc.

The bargains seem to be on full builds. I was half tempted to buy a full bike just for a few bits and then sell the rest.

qwerty
    Free Member

£65 for a Giro SPD shoe that’s a kinda Terraduro shoe/mid hybrid

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/division-mountain-bike-shoes-id_8511119.html

kneed

https://www.probikekit.co.uk/cycling-power-meters/4iiii-precision-2.0-3d-power-meter-105-5800-black/11273315.html £205.

Blimey – good spot: that’s the going rate for a second hand one!

chowsh
    Free Member

Thanks DezB for the heads up on the Spesh tyres, 2 for £40 posted rather than £48 per tyre.

beej

4 pack of “sharing” Aero bars for £1.25 in local Tesco. They’re normally £1 each!

Two mint, one normal, one orange.

hainman
    Free Member

On a not so good thread
    I’ve seen royal racing twice advertise their storm trousers for sale and have none in stock yet the weeks previous to the two sales they have had stock in all sizes
    Then CRC had Fox trousers for sale at £95 and now UP to £102 and no stock

DT78
    Free Member

CRC have sram nx at decent prices

eskay

Posted this on the Oakley lens thread, I was after some photochromatic jawbreakers and they are a pretty good price here:

https://www.cyclesurgery.com/lister.html?q=Jawbreaker

simono5

On a not so good thread
    I’ve seen royal racing twice advertise their storm trousers for sale and have none in stock yet the weeks previous to the two sales they have had stock in all sizes
    Then CRC had Fox trousers for sale at £95 and now UP to £102 and no stock

RR sale has been a joke. Black Friday was decent back in November but since many of the stock has gone back up in price and no stock added. I see a lot of adverts via Social Media for RR but no stock added or price change. Really poor when compared to Novembers sale.

tish
    Free Member

@hainman I have some of the storm trousers in a medium that I will be returning if they are any good to you, you can have them for the sale price that I paid if you want them.

breninbeener

@tish. I will have the storm pants if your first offer doesnt want them

Ian

ibnchris

I think this turbo seems quite a good deal.
    Been asking the STW Hive mind before pressing Pay but think it’s for me…
    https://www.halfords.com/cycling/turbo-trainers/trainers/elite-drivo-direct-drive-smart-turbo-trainer

maccruiskeen

4 pack of “sharing” Aero bars

31.8 or 25.4?

beej

31.8 or 25.4?

Non-standard rectangular clamp. 210mm width, so pretty narrow. Must be for fixies.

winston
    Free Member

Evans have a load of Sugoi stuff at silly prices. Just bought an RSE Alpha jacket and some 3/4 tights for less than 50 quid!

jkomo

Polaris have some good deals on arm warmers, skull caps and the like.

scc999

Popped into Evans today and they’e got waterproff and water repellant shorst with a fair chunk off.  MT500 for £50 (from £89 I think) and some FOX ranger water repellant for £39 (from £55).

Deansgate Evans had size SM, L and XL in both as of today – even though the website doesn’t list the SM in stock – so worth a look in a local store if the website doesn’t list your size…

twonks

Thanks for the power meter link.

Ordered one last night for the other halfs bike.
    Placed the order at 9.48PM (with a 10% discount code) and next day delivery.

Cost £188 in total and is now fitted to her bike and working.
    Very impressed all round.

Cheers.

Hedgehopper

Just found Science in Sport 800ml water bottles for £1.99 in Lidl which seemed cheap. They had SIS gels on sale as well.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Cheers for the Spesh tyres link Dez. I will very soon have even more more tyres than I realistically need.

alexpalacefan

As above, I too now have an even larger tyre surplus.

APF

DezB
    Free Member

🙂 and thanks to Winston, I’ve got some new commuting shorts for £12. Nice

frogstomp

I think it came up before Christmas, but worth repeating that Merlin are still doing the Troy Lee Stage full-face (with MIPS) helmet for £138.

mcnultycop

I have now bought a power meter that I can’t afford. Great stuff.

If only somewhere had decent 26 x 4 or 4.4 tight (for my weird rims) tubeless tyres available so I could spend some more cash I don’t have.

matt_outandabout

I’ve stocked up again on £3-8 Polaris gloves, £10 base layer, £5 3/4 riding tights and £5 3/4 baggies for the family.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

https://www.probikekit.co.uk/bicycle-cranksets-and-chainrings/shimano-105-fc-r7000-chainset/11746895.html £85 for the 39/53T 170mm variant… Great if you don’t tackle steep inclines or you have far better power numbers than I (which isn’t hard to be fair).

DezB
    Free Member

Evans have a load of Sugoi stuff at silly prices.

and thanks to Winston, I’ve got some new commuting shorts for £12. Nice

Or so I thought… £4 postage… shorts in the men’s section, with a pic of a man’s legs hanging out of em. Turn up and they’re womens. Pad says Woman Fit on it.
    So I tell Evans they’ve listed the item wrong, they say send it back (£3). So I do and they refund £12. Cheeky bloody bastards. No wonder I used to avoid Evans.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Sale bargains thread’ is closed to new replies.