Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Psa : Sage barista £364 deal
  • mattyfez

Blimmin eckers. £365?
    Can it serve 5 cups per minute?
    Does it come with a bartisa someone who can refill the machine?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

We went for a Sage Bambino. Much smaller compact machine. Just bought a coffee grinder separately

mattyfez

We went for a Sage Bambino. Much smaller compact machine. Just bought a coffee grinder separately

So you bought a very expensive kettle?

badgerbater
    Free Member

How come I’m not able to see this price via the Amazon app?

badgerbater
    Free Member

Interesting, you have to type in the exact serial number to get the Amazon app to display this deal!!

dmorts

Oh… had almost pulled the trigger on a Duo Temp Pro. This complicates matters!

jonno101
    Free Member
    dmorts

Still weighing up the Sage Duo Temp and the Barista Express… some people are saying the Barista Express grinder isn’t up to the job and separates are the way to go

It would be really nice to have everything in one unit though. Quite short on worktop space

trail_rat
    Free Member

Not good. My magnifica s plus has died an untimely death…..I’m still hopeful of reviving it mind…..but this is a contender for replacement-although I’m sure this does better coffee….I do like the push a button go away for a piss come back and you have coffee ability of the magnifica….but then other times when I’m not just needing Convienant coffee I wish it was a more involved process ….

How ever right now there isn’t 365 quid in the kitty ….kitchens getting redone in April though -might be able to sneak a new machine into that workscope 🙂

Loughan
    Free Member

As per my thread on getting a better morning brew, i’ve just upgraded to the Grinder Pro/Duo Temp seperates combo. At least if one bit fails i can replace it with another. I’m hoping the Duo Temp doesn’t go on sale!

Superficial
    Free Member

Damn, I pontificated over this overnight and now it’s £80 more…

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

So did I, it’s now at £385 on Amazon

dmorts

The Sage Duo Temp Pro is down to £209 https://www.johnlewis.com/sage-the-duo-temp-pro-espresso-coffee-machine/p1749201

Pair that with a Sage Grinder Pro for £139 https://www.johnlewis.com/sage-the-smart-grinder-pro-coffee-grinder/p1591194

and you’ve got a combo cheaper and arguably better than the Barista Express. You lose the temp adjustment, pressure gauge and preset dispensed amounts of water, but you get a better grinder that will go finer than the built in one and will also grind coaser for French Press etc.

nixie

Got that grinder already and it’s been great. Very tempted by the espresso machine to go with it!

Loughan
    Free Member

Thanks for heads-up, i’ve applied for a price match as bought within last 28 days 🙂

Daffy

Now £400 🙂

Alex

I’ve been dithering over a new SAGE machine to replace my Delonghi Bean to Cup. Our local coffee roaster is a distributor and has most of them set up to demo. I really liked the ‘Touch’ but it’s a lot of cash for functions I don’t really need.

The express looks the best option for making espresso/americano which is pretty much all I drink. Very tempting at that price…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

£260 for a refurbished one on ebay.

Before I buy one, anyone what to guess what might be wrong with my old baby gagia?

Basicly it doesnt seem to be able to develop enough pressure to make espresso. If i slightly underfil the portafilter then it works fine, but if its even a smidgen over it goes from taking 30s to make a double shot, to a slow dribble.

Descaled, removed and cleaned the head bit, short of stripping it and having a look at the pump im at a loss.

I dont really want to spend £260 on something that only gets used once a day for my morning coffee however much of a bargain or good the coffee is.

somafunk

solenoid valve is blocked, easy to remove/disassemble but far easier to buy a decent machine such as the sage that does not have this recurring problem

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Its taken 8 years of use to reach this point, I’ll forgive it if its that simple!

If anyone is interested though theres a shop (called xs_stocking or something like that) selling them for 325 as refurbished, or 260 returned and tested. Both have 20% off on top of that with the current discount code making it £208.

somafunk

XS is not a registered seller of sage products and as such sage will not honour any warranty if issues arise

Alex

After further dithering, I’ve gone for the Barista Pro sold by our local coffee roasters. I’d much rather spend my money with them, and they gave me a great price. Plus too many cups of ‘test’ coffee from their demo machine.

I may never sleep again….

bear-uk
    Free Member

The duo pro and pro grinder have been faultless for the 3 years of ownership by me. Although I do have decent soft water which must help. Never done a descale and only change filter once a year at best.

Alex

Bit of a thread resurrection.

My Sage Barista Pro arrived today. Run a few shots through it. After a bit of experimentation with grind settings, I have very nice espresso. Not perfect yet but I know which way to go. Sadly I cannot experiment anymore today. Bit of a caffeine high.

I normally drink americano (from my Delonghi bean to cup) but as the espresso is so good out of the sage, I’m not sure I want to dilute it.

Maybe drink less/better coffee…

johndoh
    Free Member

PSA on this deal – it’s the best price I have seen on the Sage Pro Burr Grinder and I have been watching prices for over a year now:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sage-BCG820BSSUK-Smart-Grinder-Coffee/dp/B00P81AQUU/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=sage+burr+grinder&qid=1577102878&sr=8-1

It’s an awesome piece of kit – achieves a really fine grind and its very accurate.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Psa : Sage barista £364 deal’ is closed to new replies.