Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • PSA. Ross Noble offroad tonight.
  • leebaxter
    Free Member

8pm Dave. Looks like a hoot, Ross noble riding trials, in the six day trial.

matt_outandabout

I can’t stand the guy with his past history.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

What past history ? genuine question .

leebaxter
    Free Member

I cant find any dirt on him, on google. Is it just that he is a geordie?

MrSparkle

In a previous life he was a goose botherer.

bikebouy
    Free Member

He’s a bit manic live 😆

johndoh
    Free Member

Not sure what his past history is, but maybe its because his name is an anagram of ‘nobs sore’? Possibly. There may be an L feeling left out though.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I can’t stand the guy with his past history.

Was he in the French Revolution?

The Nobles didn’t come out of that very well?

matt_outandabout

Hmm, I may have the wrong comedian….

I thought he was the one who was in court / prosecuted for beating his wife, but I think I am mistaken…..

SOrry Ross…

DezB
    Free Member

😆 No, he’s the one who just ain’t funny. Be great to see him having a wonderful time on motorbikes though.
    He smells of dirty hair too.

jimjam
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member

Hmm, I may have the wrong comedian….

I thought he was the one who was in court / prosecuted for beating his wife, but I think I am mistaken…..

You must be thinking of Michael McIntyre.

Northwind

He picked me out of the crowd one time to take the piss out of and it was pretty much the funniest 10 minutes of my life, I ended up pretty ill from laughing so hard. He’s selfindulgent but when he’s good he’s a genius

tomhoward

That was Justin Lee Collins IIRC (wife beating)

pb2

I happen to think he is very funny when he is in the groove. Watched him do the first 20 mins of a set in Oxford from the sound engineers booth and then he took over some guys invalid scooter for another section, totally random but funny as hell

nedrapier

I’m out tonight, and I don’t think we’ve got Davervailable ont’ telly.

Shame. Also think he seems to be a decent guy and incredibly funny when he’s on it. Still find myself saying “banana” in a particular way after seeing a “stephen Hawking /monkey bit of his from a stand-up show.

I’d love to ride the SSDT some day, but I don’t know if it’s going to happen. Might have started a bit late! Maybe not though. Will be interesting to see how Ross Noble gets on.

scud
    Free Member

We saw him live last year, i don’t think a single second was scripted or pre-rehearsed, he just comes on and goes off on one, not always funny, but when he gets his flow he is hilarious, i think he openly admits to being ADHD and you can almost see it as his mind flits back and forth between subjects and back again.

Anti cycling rant on Room 101

oldtennisshoes

I’ve seen him a couple of times live. The most recent, earlier this year, he wasn’t great tbh.
    John Richardson on the other hand was fantastic on his Old Man tour.

stox
    Free Member

Watched it last night … Its been available to download all week so if you enjoy it you might be able to get the second episode soon after

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Must see this, I’ve been to the SSDT every year for about 10 years! (err, except this years cos my Mrs was very unwell)

RustyNissanPrairie

Great PSA – watching on Dave catch up. Ross Noble, Trials, ISDT, and streethawk music – awesome!!!!!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i watched it for the ssdt content, but really what a berk he is. seriously unfunny imho, verging on the unwatchable for me.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yep, enjoyed that.

Quite a challenge when you’ve not really prepared for it though eh Ross..

zippykona

Would like to have seen some off bike footage of the stages but enjoyable.

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Day 1 was like a trials equivalent of Tour De Ben, stunning terrain and scenery up there, love it.

njee20
    Free Member

Anti cycling rant on Room 101

Anti RLJing commuter rant you mean? Hard to argue with that.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

He’s good your Noble but…

His eye are just a bit too close together.

Never trust ’em

chakaping
    Free Member

I like wor Ross, would love to see him in The Producers.

Gonna watch this on catch-up later: https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/ross-noble-off-road/watch-online/?video=5654852706001

tomhoward

I sympathise with him, the first race I ever did was a national level enduro and I was laughably shit, (dead last in seeding run, including the kids and girls…), despite considering myself to be a half decent rider (15 years experience at that point). Hope he keeps with it, and he’ll get his head together and be clearing sections, but fear his fitness will get the better of him.

Edit, just.checked the results. Dougie lampkin dabbed once, in the whole event. Once. I probably dab more times getting out of a trail center car park 😯

pampmyride
    Free Member

I fixed his (trials Gas Gas) bike once. He rode it into his own pond. Totally, utterly filled up with brown water & left to stew!

Rode SSDT twice a very long time ago. Split finger first try & finished next go. Proper tough do, highly recommended……but serious fitness required, wish I lacked. Discovered trials in sunny France after that.

Wookster

Really enjoying this, more so as he’s struggling to get through the stages, and is being really honest about it.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Really enjoying this, more so as he’s struggling to get through the stages, and is being really honest about it.

He’s obviously not a complete novice on a trials bike either but it puts it into perspective just how hard the Scottish is.
    I’ve never ridden it but I’ve back marked it & some of the moor crossings are brutal, without sticking sections in!
    I’m trying to identify the sections, missed this years but I’ll be there next May!

codybrennan
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    He picked me out of the crowd one time to take the piss out of and it was pretty much the funniest 10 minutes of my life, I ended up pretty ill from laughing so hard. He’s selfindulgent but when he’s good he’s a genius

Were you, by any chance, wearing a checked shirt, and was that what he riffed on?

RustyNissanPrairie

Id like to do the linking together bits – the moors look like motorised mountain biking!!! Its just the sections themselves that put me off – id snap myself in half

taxi25
    Free Member

He’s obviously not a complete novice on a trials bike either but it puts it into perspective just how hard the Scottish is.

He’d probably do ok at your local centre trial. But those Scottish sections 😯 I’d have to basically carry the bike through them !! The first one ( normally an easy sighter ) would have sent me home.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

He’d probably do ok at your local centre trial. But those Scottish sections I’d have to basically carry the bike through them !! The first one ( normally an easy sighter ) would have sent me home.

The 1st set at Leanachan (Nevis Range car park) are pretty hard & so are nearly all of the spectator accessible sections. Some of the middle of nowhere ones are rideable for everyone. I try to get a ride on the MTB to a remote set but sometimes nearly everyone goes clean or does ok.
    Youv’e got to have really hard sections to stop Puggy Dumpkin cleaning every one although he wasn’t far off this year!

downhillfast
    Free Member

Enjoyed watching that. Looking forward to the next episode.
    He’s obviously been riding two wheels for a long time, and in his Kent practice area looked pretty good, just goes to show how tough the SSDT really id though.
    There difficult, and then there’s SSDT 😯

taxi25
    Free Member

Some of the middle of nowhere ones are rideable for everyone.

Don’t want to do a spoiler, but I’ve had a look at the results and see what you mean.

shifter
    Free Member

I wasn’t a fan before and I’m less of one now! Whatever made him chose the SSDT?? Something more enduroey would’ve been better. That and lose a few stone.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I wasn’t a fan before and I’m less of one now! Whatever made him chose the SSDT??

I’m a slightly bigger fan now, seeing how he at least finished.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘PSA. Ross Noble offroad tonight.’ is closed to new replies.