Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • PSA RockShox Yari RC Forks 29 BOOST 2018 £200
  • coppice
    Free Member

did you order Tan or Grey/brown?

Mine (grey/brown) are due for delivery shortly but I’m expecting 27.5 so will be sending them back. I can’t think of many 29er’s that take 170mm forks.

transporter13
    Free Member

Just spoke to crc explaining that it looks as if they’ve mated 2 different forks together ie yari csu as it has 170-180 markings on and 2019 27.5 revelation lowers instead of 29 lowers as they have no bulge on the front half way down like yaris… They also have 2019 tan graphics on.. Not 2018 graphics like i expected.
    Apparently an investigation will be opened and in the mean time I need to send pics of the forks so they can verify my findings🤔

samwilk200
    Free Member

Ordered grey black….got tan 27.5.

colournoise

Will these 27.5 boost Yarilations take a 27.5 x 2.8 tyre? If so I might not have to send mine back.

bensongd
    Free Member

Hmm might wait on purchasing but still they’re only £180.

transporter13
    Free Member

Well it seems I may have spoken too soon as I’ve typed the serial number from the forks into srams site and all corresponds to what I have… Apart from the wheelsize is supposed to be 29

2019 yari lowers aren’t the same as 2018 it seems

timoth27

This is interesting as I ordered them to use on 27.5+. So will wait and see.

colournoise

timoth27
    Subscriber
    This is interesting as I ordered them to use on 27.5+. So will wait and see.

Same here, other than I jumped the gun and ordered some anyway.

lardman
    Free Member

Yes, i also got 27.5’s, but as they’re going on 27.5 bike i’m very pleased. Was going to run 29 in there as there’s not much difference, but it’s a bonus they come already in the right size.

munrobiker
    Free Member

If they are 27.5 and someone’s thinking of returning them I’d be interested in buying them off you instead.

letmetalktomark

Mine arrived and alas are indeed 27.5”.

A 2.35” 29er just fits but not useable – I wanted to check that they had the right sticker on the legs!

Interestingly (or not) they are the only RS debonair fork that does’t have “debonair” printed // etched on the stanction. To me this is possibly supportive of Transporters comment above.

They were also “dropped” over our back gate which has resulted in some damage – these’ll be returned tomorrow.

yiman
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair too – 27.5 with Debonair spring sticker on the leg.

I also got a pair of Lyriks for £350. Apart from the internals, the lowers/crown look pretty much identical.

Both have the poo-brown decals.

davros

Anyone received the revs yet? I can’t collect mine til Thurs, but interested to know what i can expect to receive. 🤞 29 revs. Not bothered what colour stickers!

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

Ordered both revs came today 29er debonair.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Balls, another set of 650b ones here.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Just received mine today. Tan graphics and also 27.5. No use to me as I already have 27.5 170mm Yari, I was hoping to turn my G170 into a 29er. Back they go I guess.

colournoise

Anybody tried to stick a 27.5 x 2.8 in theirs yet?

mattbee

My Revs arrived today. Definitely 29er Debinair. Graphics more orangey than green though.

Supplied with a couple of tokens but loose in a brown box, the back of the crown had been pushed through and has a chunk of paint missing.

GeForceJunky

29 Revs arrived fine 🙂

colournoise

Mine arrived today. Yaris. Deffo 27.5. In good order though (no nicks or dents from the minimal packaging) and definitely Boost. I don’t even mind the ‘bronze’ graphics.

Only question remaining for me now is whether a 27.5+ will squeeze in there, but I don’t yet have such a wheel/tyre combo to check.

chrisdavids

Yep. Revs as ordered but minimal packaging and crown had gone through the box. Still, superb value. Thanks for the PSA.

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

Yaris arrived this afternoon they’re 27.5,luckily I ordered the 29er revalations at the same time to see which I preferred. looks like the decisions been made for me.

nickfrog
    Free Member

For those asking about 2.8 tyres : I run a 2.8 NN in a 2017 27.5 Yari non boost. It works but tight in the mud. Paint is suffering !! So I was advised to go to 29 as Boost alone is not enough (the irony) hence me ordering this following the kind PSA.

So of course a 27.5 turned up today arghhhhh.

But on 2018 models, RS have added 10mm of longitudinal clearance on top of the tyre without affecting axle to crown (I think). So in short, 2.8 will be fine !! Will take a pic when fitted.

nickfrog
    Free Member

I measured min clearance in mm, so distance between axle and bottom of the arch/bridge :

2017 27.5 100mm Yari = 365
    2017 29 100mm Yari = 385
    2018 27.5 110mm Yari = 375

Needless to say the 10mm gain is invaluable when you start with 3 or 4 mmm…Without having to resort to the long offset and axle crown of the 29.

So thank you CRC for selling me the wrong fork.

colournoise

Thanks nickfrog. Reassuring.

coppice
    Free Member

Really wish i’d ordered the Rev’s now. I’ve order an air shaft and boost torque caps to suit these Yari’s to, but they’ll be going back.

bensongd
    Free Member

I’m hoping some of the returned yaris appear on crc’s site as I missed out and I’m after 27.5

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

My 27.5″ Yari arrived today too. Did anyone actually get the correct one?

transporter13
    Free Member

So after an investigation by crc, I’ve been informed that they no longer have these in stock and they will honour any warranty issues I may have in the future as they have notes on file should I want to keep them.
    Colournoise
    I tried a 29er wheel in them with a spesh purgatory 2bliss 2.25 on and it has about 5-10mm clearance to the crown and acres of room either side.

timoth27

Mine have arrived and they say on the leg 27.5 but if you put the serial number into here.

https://trailhead.rockshox.com/en/specs/28t74648148

It says 29+ so CRC description was correct for me. Will try a 27.5+ and a 29 in it tomorrow as would like the option of both.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Mine have arrived and they say on the leg 27.5 but if you put the serial number into here.

https://trailhead.rockshox.com/en/specs/28t74648148

Are you sure? I checked mine and the model name it gives is 29+, but then the wheel size is given as 27.5. So it looks like the problem might actually be SRAM causing confusion rather than CRC. Going to try a 29″ wheel in it to be sure, but holding it side by side with a 29er fox fork I have to hand, the length is significantly different, so almost certain it’s 27.5.

timoth27

Hay Doug I literally just had time to check the s/n and look at the forks, I will be able to compare with 29er forks tomorrow and check the 2 wheel sizes as well, bottom line is I mainly want them for 27.5+ so as long as they fit that they where a bargain, 29er wheel fitting would have been a bonus.

merri1975
    Free Member

Same here box says the right info but the fork is a 27.5 I will try my boost wheel and 2.6 tyre in it later and see

merri1975
    Free Member

A 2.6 27.5 derbaron projekt fits with no issues

eemy
    Free Member

Mine arrived yesterday and they are 27.5

I was going to send them back later this week but if anyone near Scottish Borders wants them and can collect, then happy to pass them on for the price I paid. If no one is interested I’ll return them to CRC on Thursday/Friday.

blakec
    Free Member

My Yaris turned up yesterday as 27.5 as well but I also bought a set of revs. Turns out I don’t want either of the now.

So if someone in West Sussex and some parts of Surrey/Hampshire wants a set of

170mm Yaris 27.5

Or

150mm revs 29

I am happy to pass them on at the same cost as I paid crc. If not I will be returning them.

timoth27

So I’ve had a look at mine and with a 27.5 2.8 magic Mary on a i45 rim I’m happy with the clearance so all good. I tried a 29 2.25 racing Ralph on a i29 rim but I didn’t have a valve so it wasn’t inflated but seemed like it will be fine. Not masses of clearance but ok. I held them up against a fox float 29 I’ve got and the arch is definitely lower on the Yari but hay ho. I’m going to keep mine.

geex
    Free Member

what part of the borders Eemy?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

If anyone wants an actual set of 29er 170mm Yaris (or 160mm Lyrics) give me a shout…

nickfrog
    Free Member

That’s one of those forks with a 27.5 2.8 Nobby Nic on a 30mm internal rim. It gives 15mm of clearance all round. Brilliant. Axle to crown is 555, which is only 13mm more than my 2017 Yari. The RS online thing returns 29+ for the serial number which makes no sense but may explain why those are sold as 29 even though they clearly aren’t…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘PSA RockShox Yari RC Forks 29 BOOST 2018 £200’ is closed to new replies.