Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • PSA RockShox Yari RC Forks 29 BOOST 2018 £200
  • davros

Link

170mm only but still a bargain. Easy and cheap to adjust travel

transporter13
    Free Member

Worth a punt at that price👀

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

Ordered.cheers mate.

weeksy

Wow…that’s amazing value.

coppice
    Free Member

ordered, thanks OP

glenh
    Free Member

Bargain. Even more so bearing in mind you can turn them into Lyriks for £250.

bikecurious
    Free Member

They also have 36’s for £360. I’ve been resisting for two days so far.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fox-suspension-36-float-performance-shock-formance-2018/rp-prod183262

lardman
    Free Member

Bingo….. thanks for that. Been looking for cheap ‘lyric’ upgrade platform for a few weeks.

philjunior
    Free Member

If I wasn’t skint, that fork would make a good basis for a new bike!

PJM1974
    Free Member

Presumably I could switch the damper over with the Charger 1 in my Pike?

solidrooster
    Free Member

Tell me more about the lyric upgrade. How do you go about doing it?

bensongd
    Free Member

That is cheap, why are there so few 27.5 bargains?

subduedsupernova
    Free Member

Can I use this for 27.5+ ? Does anyone know max tyre clearance and how much longer it is than a 27.5 170mm fork?

breadcrumb

Presumably I could switch the damper over with the Charger 1 in my Pike?

I don’t think so unfortunately. I have a 2015 Pike RCT3 and the damper isn’t compatible with a Yari I have left over from chopping and changing.

lardman
    Free Member

I’m gonna put the ‘yari Up’ damper upgrade in it, which is £240 and a spring, either Smashpot, or a basic coil. I’ve chatted to Tf about it and they have said it would be a great upgrade. Pricey, but with the basic chassis costing £200, it’s still going to be a cost effective fork to build.

Bespoke tune, coil Lyrik, upgraded damper for £600 ish

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Tell me more about the lyric upgrade. How do you go about doing it?

Basically, take out the Motion Control damper, buy Lyrik RC2 damper, put in.

It doesn’t make them into an ‘actual’ Lyrik, as the Yari uses a different type of Alu for the stanchions, so come in a big heavier than the Lyrik (few hundred grammes). Not the end of the world, but there is a difference.

Gachet
    Free Member

That’s really tempting, just as a spare chassis in case I manage the damage my Lyriks. I also fancy trying a Push coil conversion at some stage and I’ve heard you can’t go back to air (not that I’d probably want to) as it scratches the inside of the stanctions but at that price there’s not much risk!

I’ve heard Lyriks are slightly lighter and stiffer due to better materials, but there can’t be much in it.

bensongd
    Free Member

Link

Fox 34 Good 27.5 option or a waste of cash? Does it matter that it states e bike? Guess they are oe stock it that makes a difference.

glenh
    Free Member

It doesn’t make them into an ‘actual’ Lyrik, as the Yari uses a different type of Alu for the stanchions, so come in a big heavier than the Lyrik (few hundred grammes).

Not according to my scales. My charger & debonair upgraded Yari is exactly the same weight RS quote for the Lyrik.

glenh
    Free Member

PLus, RS spare parts catalogue lists exactly the same parts for Yari and Lyrik chassis, so there is definitely no difference:

e.g.

LOWER LEG BOOST
    11.4018.095.004 FORK LOWER LEG – (DECALS NOT INCLUDED) 29 15X110 BOOST™ DIFFUSION BLACK – LYRIK B1+(2016+)/YARI A1+ (2016+)

CSU BOOST
    2 11.4018.090.000 FORK CSU – DEBONAIR 27.5/29 46 OFF-SET ALUMINUM TAPER BLACK (NO GRADIENTS) – LYRIK/YARI (2017+)

BillOddie

They also have 150mm 29er boost Rev RCs (basically a Pike with a M/C damper) for £199

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/rockshox-revelation-rc-forks-boost-2018/rp-prod183270

No doubt they will come in a placcy bag with no instructions, pump or bottomless tokens but for under 200 quid its a bargain.

ianpv
    Free Member

hmmm – would the charger damper from my 2015 pikes fit in that revelation?

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

that fox 36 29er boost performance 140mm @ £365 is a GRIP dampener (circa 2.1kg) it is not performance elite (fit4) per details

the fox 34 ebike fork @ £250 just has sturdier/thicker legs and crown, so uses a 32 dampener inner, i guess their will be a slight weight penalty over a regular 34

anyone get lucky on the fox factory 36 29er 140mm boost 2018 fork for £400

davros

Thanks Billoddie i hadn’t seen the revs. Green to match my tarn 😎 just need a 120mm debonair shaft to swap

mboy
    Free Member

that fox 36 29er boost performance 140mm @ £365 is a GRIP dampener (circa 2.1kg) it is not performance elite (fit4) per details

Everyone who’s ridden both back to back says the GRIP damper works better than the FIT4, despite supposedly being the cheaper option…

What I’m wondering, whilst sat here looking at one of said Fox 36’s with the GRIP Damper is how does the FAST Suspension YariUp damper compare to the Fox GRIP… Anyone got experience of both?

timbob78
    Free Member

Which would be the one to choose out of the Yari/Rev? Tempted at that price for a future project. Not that I have any idea how to fit a different air shaft 🙁

Poopscoop

I’m just going to pretend I never saw this thread.

#skintpoop

davros

Yari appears to be for longer travel 150-180 and revs 120-160. Not sure how they differ otherwise.

Changing travel is fairly quick and easy, loads of YouTube demos.

GeForceJunky

Bargain, ordered some revs for my hardtail. Cheers!

timoth27

Thanks for that I’m £200 poorer now.

mattbee

Ta for the heads up. That’s a set of Revs on their way.

colournoise

How far down can the Yari travel be adjusted? Can it go to 140mm?

mboy
    Free Member

Yari can go down to 120mm with the correct shaft.

colournoise

mboy
    Subscriber
    Yari can go down to 120mm with the correct shaft.

Cheers. Decent 140mm Boost fork for 240 quid then. Not bad to say the least. Just need to suss out the right air shaft – the TFtuned page is pretty confusing.

transporter13
    Free Member

Ordered a set of the yari the other night in 170mm 29 in the black and tan. So I was surprised that a set of black and tan forks turned up yesterday.
    Now the only problem is….Theyre 170mm 27.5🤔
    Can anyone tell me if there was any models of yari came without the bulge on the lowers as these don’t have it… They look suspiciously like my revelations🤔

subduedsupernova
    Free Member

Also received 27.5 forks with a nice chip in then which isn’t a surprise when there were just flung in a box with no protection at all.

Has anyone ordered the black grey brown option and what did the actually receive?

coppice
    Free Member

I ordered black grey brown but havent received any yet.

Also down to 190 now.

nickfrog
    Free Member

£180 with the £10 off… insane. Don’t need one but still ordered one. They take 180mm rotors native I assume so my 2017 Yari adaptor for 203mm won’t work I guess. What adaptor do I need ?

bensongd
    Free Member

Very tempted at £180 not that I need or can really afford them. Can the 170mm be dropped to 140mm with a debonair kit?

Do we think they’re all 27.5 and not 29 as advertised?

samwilk200
    Free Member

Another pair of 27.5 with chipped paint recieved. Generic response from CRC suggesting no 29 in stock.

Thanks for your message.

I am sorry to hear you have received the incorrect item from us. The correct item is no longer in stock, therefore could I ask you to please send these forks back to us for a full refund by following the steps below;

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘PSA RockShox Yari RC Forks 29 BOOST 2018 £200’ is closed to new replies.