PSA: Ring wearers, be ware

Home Forum Chat Forum PSA: Ring wearers, be ware

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • PSA: Ring wearers, be ware
  • Premier Icon sandwicheater
    Subscriber

Following my post about an off/wedding ring damage, legend mentioned degloving.

Google image it if you dare.

Long story short, if you ride with a ring on, perhaps have a second thought, I know I won’t be wearing it on a ride again.

bigG

PSA pedestrians,

Careful you don’t trip over a crack in the pavement. Google image it, they are everywhere!

Short story shorter, if you trip you might skin your hands and not be able to reenact bongoman on your commute home.

I can barely sleep with worry for all you grown ups who need looked after.

Premier Icon justinbieber
    Subscriber

Been riding with a wedding ring for 10+ years and I’m not going to stop anytime soon!

S**t happens, you can’t plan for every eventuality, and anyway, I’d probably lose it if I was taking it on and off all the time

I can barely sleep with worry for all you grown ups who need looked after.

Well, at least the grown ups would know how to use the words “to be” in that sentence. 😉

avdave2

My dad was playing tennis over 40 years ago when the guy he was playing against caught his ring in a bit of broken fencing around the court while playing a shot. After seeing the result my dad took his off and has never worn it since.

Premier Icon piedi di formaggio
    Subscriber

What would TJ have said? Wear a ring whilst riding or not?

bigG

Well, at least the grown ups would know how to use the words “to be” in that sentence.

Chapeau Flashy,,,

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

I’m never crossing the road again after hearing about someone hit by a car once….

Premier Icon sandwicheater
    Subscriber

That’s why I driver everywhere, pavement is just too dangerous.

Premier Icon surroundedbyhills
    Subscriber

Someone lost and eye too, I hear, on a MTB ride. Think I’ll have mine removed and store them in a nice case in the garage.

tazzymtb

Ring wearers- BE AWARE, The Nazgul are abroad this night..FLEEEEE

sugdenr

Should I not to mention the MTB/Prince Albert risks then…

dabble

i always ride with me elf friends, they make the trails come alive… but they can keep their bloody fingers out of my ring!

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

I ride with a titanium wedding ring and a PA (not the bike)

im doomed!

alpin

heard the story of a guy on a building site who caught hin finger on something or other, slipped from a ladder, momentarily hung from his finger before it detatched from the rest of his hand.

ouch.

i now take my ring off when riding after an incident last summer.

riding up the hill, sweating like a toad trying to keep up with these two young lads who were showing me the trails. at some point i reached into my pocket. upon taking my hand out i heard what i thought was a coin hit the ground. “screw it”, i thought.

got to the top of the climb and realised that my ring was missing. the third ring my GF has given me after i’ve lost the last two 😳 .

rode down and was comtemplating the whole time what to do. do i go into town and buy a similar looking ring and rough it up a bit?

then thought i would drive back up (bear in mind the climb was ~800m) as we still had a few hours of sunlight and walk down the path we had climbed up. after about an hour of re-tracing our route i turned the corner and in the middle of the path saw this!

wooohooo!

bigyinn

lucky lucky lucky!

5thElefant

I wear a wedding ring without a helmet. How I’m not a fingerless, fleshless corpse is a mystery.

Premier Icon parkesie
    Subscriber

I ride with my ring on its under a glove so risk is minimal. I take the ring and my watch off for work (mechanic).

grum

Well, at least the grown ups would know how to use the words “to be” in that sentence.

Thank you.

thegreatape

Ah come on now, the OP merely mentioned something that many wouldn’t ever have thought of.

I only started removing my Prince Albert for bog snorkelling after I saw a Mr Lifto video.

stumpy01

Stick some gloves on…..?

I always ride with gloves on anyway, but for other things mentioned above like climbing ladders, DIY, gardening etc. I will probably taking my ring off.

Just the other day, I somehow managed to get my ring caught on the end of the bathroom door handle as I closed it behind me. Cue being dragged back by my ring/finger (ooo-er) as I walked away. Bloody painful; lucky I didn’t dislocate it!

Premier Icon surroundedbyhills
    Subscriber

Alternativley just get a divorce. Problem solved, and you can sell the ring to buy a new set of wheels… 😕

rogermoore

Quit your jibba jabba.
    RM.

tang

I got a bit over enthusiastic at the kids adventure playground and caught my signet ring on the netting and was left dangling on my little finger. By some stroke of luck I didn’t loose my finger or de glove. I now remove before helping(ahem) my kids at the park.

mamadirt

My wedding ring has been on my finger for almost 35 years 😉

Premier Icon nedrapier
    Subscriber

not using “to be” is perfectly fine Scottish English, isn’t it?

“This needs done”?

Probably means it was, and is perfectly fine in English too, if possibly unusual or archaic.

Edit, or possibly it’s just the idle, wordshy Scots.

lucien

I asked to try the wife’s ring the other day, and just got a slap 😳

Premier Icon nedrapier
    Subscriber

great work, alpin!

A mate of mine found another mate’s wedding ring 2m under the sea in the sand in Cornwall, the day after his wedding.

Amusingly for everyone – there were probably 40 of us in the water in a little cove, and everyone knew it had been lost – he had the presence of mind to break the surface slowly, ring first, held between thumb and forefinger on an upstretched arm.

I can imagine him thinking “My lungs are burning, but opportunities for over-dramatisation don’t come along every day!”

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Ring wearers, be ware’ is closed to new replies.