Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • PSA – Reverb @ CRC £130
  • hammyuk
    Free Member

Delivered already!

ransos
    Free Member

I don’t have one but am willing to be convinced: what benefit does it offer over just moving your weight off and behind the saddle? For the purposes of discussion, let’s assume there’s no beer gut getting in the way…

Rich
    Free Member

Much more maneuverability. You can lower your c-o-g without having to hang off the back of the bike.

Next time you ride a steep technical downhill, ride it with your seat down and feel the difference. Then imagine being able to flick from this to full pedalling height and back in a second…

I was like you, having ridden with my saddle at full height for the last 25 years. Sure it’s not necessary, but makes riding more enjoyable.

nosedive
    Free Member

if you have your seat up your centre of gravity has to move backwards to get lower, it removes weight and grip from the front wheel. It is all so much easier with the seat out of the way.

I love my dropper seatpost. One day I want to change my hardtail for one with a 30.9 seat tube so I can get one on that bike as well.

ransos
    Free Member

Next time you ride a steep technical downhill, ride it with your seat down and feel the difference.

Yeah, I should try that more. As I say, I’m willing to be convinced, but it’s a lot to spend on something that adds weight if you’re not sure it’ll give a benefit.

Northwind

ransos – Member

I don’t have one but am willing to be convinced: what benefit does it offer over just moving your weight off and behind the saddle?

Ease of movement all the time. Lower centre of gravity rather than just moving it back. Move bike sideways as well as back/forth. Use legs more as suspension on landings.

If you don’t like dropping your saddle then you still won’t, and some people are so used to riding things with the seat up it’ll time to adapt- and why bother, if you like things as they are? But there are big advantages there, if you can use them.

LoCo
    Free Member

You also don’t smash your knackers/lady garden into the saddle/seatpost when the bike stops dead going down steep tech bits. 😉

NormalMan

Anyone know what happened about the save15 voucher?

I went to the garage to measure my current post, came back in to order and it wouldnt work.
    Left it till today but still not working.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

all the “save” vouchers seem to have quietly been pulled/expired with the arrival of the january sale.

mboy
    Free Member

So who’s actually received theirs yet?

Ordered mine on 21st I think… OK, it’s christmas, but it’s still not here!

Ironically ordered a tyre for my GF’s bike from CRC also on the 23rd, that arrived on the 29th!

Come on CRC, where’s my bloody reverb?!?!

carlos
    Free Member

Yup, ordered on the 21st arrived 27th. 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Reverb @ CRC £130’ is closed to new replies.