Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PSA: Requiem for Detroit on BBC4 @ 9.00
  • binners

If you didn’t see it first time round, its a fascinating documentary of the Motor City’s descent from manufacturing powerhouse to abandoned post-industrial wasteland. The imagery is truly stunning!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nice PSA binbins. I’ll record that. I was given this as a birthday present by a mate:

which I haven’t got round to starting yet but it looks from a quick skim, like a fascinating read.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ratatouille on BBC3 son, sorry. 😆

grum
    Free Member

Hopefully it will be back on iplayer and I will check it out (no live TV at our place) – love stuff like this.

Jamie
    Free Member

The imagery is truly stunning!

Oh! Get you Mr Kermode!

…but yes. It is very good.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

A real-life ‘Population Zero’.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thanks, Binners. Shall be watching.

Ratatouille is superb, mind you! 🙂

geoffj

*clicks record

Jamie
    Free Member

*clicks record

Big fan of Ratatouille?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Tinker, Taylor etc. on C4 at 9pm which is me sorted.

binners

It was a tough call but I’ve seen Ratatouille loads of times. It’s good, but its not Despicable Me 😀

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Could be good – incredible story in so many ways – could be some good debate afterwards!

tonyg2003

I’ve watched it before. A great program. It really represents Detroit as it is, I know since I spend a lot of time working near the Chevy Engine plant in east central Detroit (soup kitchens on the corners, burnt out houses, hardly any infrastructure, roads falling apart).

The other crazy thing is if you drive out towards the lake along the shore, you drive out of the Detroit city limits and within a block you go from Ghetto to Grosse Pointe. Which would be upmarket for any city. Or go to Dearborn and Ford are making more cars than they have for 10yrs.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Requiem for Detroit on BBC4 @ 9.00’ is closed to new replies.