• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Rich_s.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA – Red Arrows today
  • spekkie
    Free Member

I’m told the Red Arrows will be flying from Bournemouth to Goodwood (Festival of Speed) along the south coast this morning at about 12:30.

I’m here at the moment so would be nice to catch a glimpse 🙂

avdave2

Years ago I was cycling from Kingston to Winchester on the SDW when to my right and not far off the same level they flew past on their way to Goodwood. It was quite something, I knew I couldn’t quit after having my own personal fly by 🙂

singletrackmind

The planned route is withon 500mtr of my flat, in 15 mims.
    Will keep an eye out.

Riksbar

The planned route is withon 500mtr of my flat, in 15 mims.
    Will keep an eye out.

Well?

thelawman

Yep, photo please…

TheGingerOne

They flew over us on Thursday lunchtime for the Goodwood display (we are about 5 miles west of the place) but have not seen them so far. They overnighted at Bournemouth I assume as they flew across in front of me whilst I was driving back from Somerset on the A303 after 7pm last night. I assume they had just done a flyover of Glastonbury given my location at the time.

I quite often luck in with them passing me in various places, especially given how little I actually travel around!

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

They flew right over head, in formation on my wedding day by pure chance.

It was amazing.

TheGingerOne

Literally just flew over. Arriving at Goodwood in a minute 😃

stretch…
    Free Member

They passed over our place yesterday on their way to Scarborough and again to Cleethorpes.
    Anybody know why there is / was only 7 of them?

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

Two were grounded over some misconduct allegations. It was in the news

singletrackmind

Yep, spot on line but 10 mins late.
    Only flight of 7 for some reason. Its stunning down here today so they can do full height display.
    Some cumulus clouds and a stiff sw wind will disperse the colour smoke trails quickly.
    Windsurfing for me. Looks like an epic if the wind holds

richardkennerley

They stop over in Blackpool so we like to go stand in the sand dunes at the end of the runway to watch them land/take off. They always do it with style 🤓

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTJjn7eM_YO/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

My parents house is directly under their path back to base.

My boys are unimpressed now, yesterday “oh yeah; the red arrows **again** groan”!

spekkie
    Free Member

They flew behind the IOW and then came up inland up over Hayling Island, then swung right towards Chi. On flightradar their symbol is a Eurofighter which I’m told is the generic sign for a military flight.

Coming back they were out to sea but we still saw them. Flightradar was a bit behind them, but I think that might also be a generic military thing, 5 mins delayed or so?

Rich_s

Ah, the Red Arrows flying their Alpha Jets over Blackpool… iconic.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.