Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • PSA: Rapha sale on
  • aa
    Free Member

No connection to Rapha, but for £30 the etape jersey is a bargain! If you dont mind white

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

White? With all the rain we’ve had this year? Are you mad?

scaredypants

have they dropped their RRPs or do people on here exaggerate the way-out pricing normally ?

(nah, couldn’t be that)

crazy-legs

Yeah, they announced it on Facebook and Twitter and within minutes their website crashed under the weight of traffic!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

They’ve started selling their stuff at the price it should have been along?

damo2576
    Free Member

Wish they wouldnt go on sale and keep the brand exclusive

donsimon
    Free Member

Why do they insist on using crap photos?

aa
    Free Member

there’s a leicester company called velobici, aiming for the same market. I wanna like them cuz their local, and apparantly make the stuff locally but style wise they’ve not quite hit the mark.

I do like rapha, but, i’ve had a couple of things unpick in the last month. Free repairs is good however.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

out of interest where is the stuff made?

crazy-legs

Varies. Mix of Far East places: Indonesia, Vietnam, China. Some of the merino clothing is made in Portugal and one of my jerseys says made in Lithuania. It’s all good quality kit, I like it.

crikey
    Free Member

I won’t have it in the house.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Waited until midday for the sale and was pretty disappointed there wasn’t anything I wanted/lusted after in it 🙁

damo2576
    Free Member

Bibs are made in Italy fwiw

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

so essentially if i brought the £30 top i’d be paying for the name, not because it was a state of the art material or hand stitched diligently by a master tailor in Milan?

ojom
    Free Member

so essentially if i brought the £30 top i’d be paying for the name, not because it was a state of the art material or hand stitched diligently by a master tailor in Milan?

That’s fashion for you.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

That’s fashion for you.

why i oughta . . . 😀

Gribs

But £30 for a cycling top seems slighlty less than average unless you want to give money to sports direct. For what it’s worth I’ve got a sports direct top and it only gets used when all my other jerserys *really* need a wash.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s fashion marketing for you.

FTFY.

All from the utterly superb satirists at Team JVA

clunker

Just treated myself from my PayPal pot so the dear wife can’t see how much I have spent 😕

donsimon
    Free Member

No, you’d be buying something that you’ve put a price/value on and be happy and able to justify your purchase.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

No, you’d be buying something that you’ve put a price/value on and be happy and able to justify your purchase.

At the risk of looking like somebody who was trying too hard . . . I won’t bother then . . .

I fully undertstand paying a premium for craftsmanship and quality of materials, . . i’d rather do that than paying for a vigorous quality control check . .

Justify my purchases , . . . hmmm i always struggle with that one!

pebblebeach
    Free Member

I won’t have it in the house.

Gosh aren’t you masterful.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Rapha sale on’ is closed to new replies.