Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • PSA – Ragley Marley frames £109.99!
  • beefheart
    Free Member

i want one, i really want one. just need to come up with a reason to justify it

Who needs a reason when you have a mountain bike….?

Would I be disappointed if I went for one of these? I was all set for a steel frame.

The geometry is spot on, it’s versatile and it weighs an ‘f’ ton less than the steel equivalent.

jimoiseau
    Free Member

Just to point out, it’s coming up as 108€ if you switch to euros, discount is 10€ off 99€ so works out at 98€, £81 according to Google. If you’ve got somewhere to get it delivered to and have a Eurostar trip coming up anyway it could be worth it…

warpcow
    Free Member

jimoiseau – Member
    Just to point out, it’s coming up as 108€ if you switch to euros, discount is 10€ off 99€ so works out at 98€, £81 according to Google. If you’ve got somewhere to get it delivered to and have a Eurostar trip coming up anyway it could be worth it…

I noticed the same (from Sweden). Makes it even harder not to, but I just can’t think of a single reason why I need one either.

jonjones262
    Free Member

Mine’s been dispatched ! 🙂

nosaintangel
    Free Member

new to building mtbs what probs would there be to fit a 1.1/8 with 145 drop fork on one of these.

mekon
    Free Member

new to building mtbs what probs would there be to fit a 1.1/8 with 145 drop fork on one of these.

Looking for similar answer…after dissing the frame this morning im thinking of getting one for my lad. His is a 130mm & 1 1/8 steerer. Think we would just need to find the right headset.

jonjones262
    Free Member

Just looking at forks/headsets myself…

One of these’d do you:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nukeproof-warhead-44iiss-headset/rp-prod85844

chip
    Free Member

1-1/8 .you want 44mm internal top and bottom cup.
    Tapered , 44mm external bottom, internal top cup.
    1.5, 44mm external top and bottom.

Nukeproof warhead comes in all of the above.

Also the headtube is quite short so external cups don’t look out of place.
    http://m.pinkbike.com/video/295205/

butcher

I am so tempted by this. But I would get murdered this close to crimbo.

…seriously what are these like. Can you use them as an all day…ish bike. Or would it only be truly happy pointed downhill?

nosaintangel
    Free Member

that’s it then looks like there may be a black one coming my way 😀

Rosss
    Free Member

Logged on to order my black 18″ and worked called by the time i’d finished they’d sold out. Ha just my luck

bland

It just looks like a cheap naff alloy frame like we ride as kids that got pumped out of china cheap as chips which is what this is! Paint job is awful, its an alloy ht so will be horrid to ride, has everyone thought this through?

matt_outandabout

It just looks like a cheap naff alloy frame like we ride as kids that got pumped out of china cheap as chips which is what this is! Paint job is awful

I had similar thoughts.

beefheart
    Free Member

It is 7005 aluminium, like an sc chameleon.

It will have different ride characteristics to a steel frame- it doesn’t make it cheap naff.

mekon
    Free Member

It just looks like a cheap naff alloy frame like we ride as kids that got pumped out of china cheap as chips which is what this is! Paint job is awful, its an alloy ht so will be horrid to ride, has everyone thought this through?

£100 for a lightweight frame that can handle a range of long travel forks? Can’t be all bad can it.. 5yr old GT frames are going for £50 on ebay still.

Makes sense (for me) to buy one for my lad to grow into.

kevster
    Free Member

Anyone reckon, the blue pig, piglet etc will drop in price?

nick1962
    Free Member

Paint job is awful, its an alloy ht so will be horrid to ride, has everyone thought this through?

Clearly not you.

mekon
    Free Member

Think so…Im guessing they (and stores) are getting rid of the 26″ stock. Which is super for anyone who likes to just ride.

Ive just ordered one (in green) my lad will love it, looks great fun.

faz083
    Free Member

I’m confused. Other than the fact it has a ragley sticker, this sounds about right. 7005 aluminium, cheap frame.. £100. Job done.
    Why would anyone order one ‘just in case’? It’s nothing special???

Northwind

FWIW I got into the £150 Mmmbop sales and you know what? It was definately a £150-ish frame. Not so much a discount, just a price correction. I reckon the Marley will be the same- perfectly decent frame at this price but nothing to wet the bed over.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

dam sold out of 18″ 😥

Lester
    Free Member

I have an 18″ black one coming today ( just in case) if i dont like it does anyone want it rather than me send it back?

Rosss
    Free Member

Lester, drop me an email if you don’t like it I might take it off you

mekon
    Free Member

What other headset can I use for a straight 1 1/8 steerer that’s cheaper than this at 36? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nukeproof-warhead-44iiss-headset/rp-prod85844

Not looking for ‘race spec’ it’s only for my lad.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

My 18″ lurid green one has been dispatched.

I loved the mmmbop – ordered it on a whim and it turned out to be the best hard tail i’ve ridden in a long, long time. I still ride it now.

Lester
    Free Member

ok Rosss
    i wont be building it up, i will be measuring it for size and angles against other bikes i have, as i have a feeling it might be bit small for me 🙂

Rosss
    Free Member

TBH I hesitated ordering one for the same reason so some measurements would be ideal if you wouldn’t mind including them

nowthen
    Free Member
    Lester
    Free Member

ahem 🙂
    have seen this already
    but not being as clever as “ahemers” it doesnt mean anything to me unless there is a point of reference.
    i like my other bikes and their set up.
    but looking at geometry doesnt give me the story, so i will be comparing it to other bikes i have and if they are similar i might keep it.
    thanks anyway Nowthen

Twin
    Free Member

Does anyone know if this frame will take the 10mm QR through axles that Superstar do, or is it 9mm only?

doncorleoni
    Free Member

It’s a cheap ally frame made in the far East. Worth 100 but no more. It’s almost the same geo as the core 40 which Cost 79.99. Tbh I was tempted by this offer…. Much like discount supermarket wine.

highclimber
    Free Member

It’s got the same colours as the Jamacian Bobsleigh team (apart from the red, that is).

chip
    Free Member

As far as I am aware it uses swop out drop outs made by dmr (I may be wrong) so you can you can run what you like providing you use appropriate drop outs.

this is something I will look into to be sure sure.

beefheart
    Free Member

It’s a cheap ally frame made in the far East. Worth 100 but no more.

Somebody didn’t get there in time then?

tom13
    Free Member

They have all sold dag nab it! If anyone has a 18 in the Midlands they don’t want let me know. Cheers.

mekon
    Free Member

Some on ebay that will drop in price soon im sure.

chip
    Free Member

Just unpacked my marley.

Standard drop outs (not replaceable) but still really pleased with it.
    I choose the acid green which looks much better than I thought it would.

I was initially a little concerned that they sold out before I received it because my luck would normally dictate that I would receive the one in a how ever many that would arrive damaged. But the box arrived unscathed
    And frame inside was well packaged and after a full inspection frame appears to be In A1 condition.

No immediate plans to build mine but would be good to see others.
    Thank you to the OP.

cnud
    Free Member

Quick question, are these frames a push fit bottom bracket or English threaded? Cheers.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Ragley Marley frames £109.99!’ is closed to new replies.