Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA Raceface Aeffect Cranks £60
  • dmorts

Seems like a good deal, plus the £ seems to be on the up so they may be even cheaper tomorrow!

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/race-face-aeffect-32t-direct-mount-crank-175mm-957129

kimbers

Nice, was hoping for 170mm as I have 175s and I’d like them a bit shorter, great cranks tho

dmorts

I’ve gone for a set, been thinking about getting the cranks for a while. The cinch system looks good.

ajantom

They are nice solid cranks, and the cinch system is really good…BUT…mine have loosened off nearly every ride, so keep checking the crank bolt.
    I’m going to degrease the interface, and use some loctite. Hopefully that will cure it.

dmorts

Thanks for the info, will check them. Do you have them in a Raceface BB or something else?

A mate had an older set of Raceface cranks and they loosened off every ride. Turned out he had 4 (2 each side) spacers on his BB, between the frame and the cups. This was instead of the 3 (1 one side, 2 the other) you’re suppose to have. Not saying you have that, but it could be that your BB is slightly too wide?

flyingmonkeycorps

All gone! Was tempted as I keep thinking about building my Rocket up now I have somewhere to keep it.

ajantom

A mate had an older set of Raceface cranks and they loosened off every ride. Turned out he had 4 (2 each side) spacers on his BB, between the frame and the cups. This was instead of the 3 (1 one side, 2 the other) you’re suppose to have. Not saying you have that, but it could be that your BB is slightly too wide?

They’re in a 73mm BB shell with one spacer on the drive side. Shimano XT BB.
    They’ve done it on two frames too, so defo the cranks not the frame.

mildred

My Aefects OEM on my Cube reaction, and would come loose every ride. If you refer to the installation instructions you’ll see the torque values are about 50 nm whereas Shimano, SRAM etc. are just 12nm torque.

I tightened mine on exactly to spec & they haven’t budged since.

binno
    Free Member

Make sure you use the plastic cover on the end of the axel when fitting the cranks. I busted the seal on my bearing cup when fitting without this on my bike!

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve two sets of Aeffect cranks and they have different locking mechanisms. The older one is basically solid but the newer one would tend to come loose on every ride. It took a good amount of torque to get it to stay on.

Great cranks at a great price. A pity they no longer make them for fat bikes.

dmorts

I’ve not yet been able to fit these cranks.

The spindle is marked as RXC137, I have a BSA threaded BB and need a normal 48mm chain line. I’ve been using this document as a guide CINCH CRANKS – Q FACTORS, BBs AND CHAINLINES – Race Face

Seems I might not be able to achieve a 48mm chain line after all? Can anyone advise?

The product page says the chain line is 47.5mm

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA Raceface Aeffect Cranks £60’ is closed to new replies.