Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA & question – Total War: WARHAMMER II
  • PJay
    Free Member

Total War: WARHAMMER II is currently 66% off on Steam making it affordable for a casual (and aging) gamer like myself.

I’ve recently given up on Dark Souls III (finding that I’m not good enough) and got bored with Divinity Original Sin and I’ve liked world building/God games since Populous & The Settlers on the Amiga way back (although again I’m not particularly good).

So is it worth a punt? It’s had great reviews overall, including on Steam itself, but recent Steam reviews have become mixed.

theotherjonv

Youre in the wrong place, you need the Crystal Palace fans forum. Christian Benteke’s on there and he’s massively into it.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

It’s a good game, tonnes of content, loads of replayability. The last time I played it, monsters felt a bit OP vs line infantry but it’s really good fun. It’s more frantic and varied than the historical titles, perhaps a bit less tactical because of that.

Hearts of Iron IV with the new Man the Guns DLC is really awesome if you are a strategy nut, I’m currently on a playthrough as Britain where I am federalizing the commonwealth. Managed to get 900 Hurricane fighters ready by 1939 by delaying the introduction of the Spitfire a bit, 150 have been sent to Hong Kong and 150 have been sent to Singapore to bolster the Gladiators. I’ve fortified HK and Singapore and have built radar sites there. I refused to send any troops to the French mainland and then kicked off war with Germany as soon as they invaded Czechoslovakia, have taken control of the North Sea under the cover of the RAF who aren’t having to deal with the Luftwaffe being based in France and have obliterated their u-boat force. Now that I have a grip on the North Sea I am stationing all my fleet carriers in Hong Kong to deal with the Japanese.

I expect Germany to over run France, but this time the Germans will have a decimated Naval force, a Luftwaffe that has been ground down trying to defend their ports and will be facing a well fortified and equipped British army if the AI attempts Operation Sealion.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Not answering the question…. But have you played Portal?
    Well worth a go. Its brilliant.

Northwind

Have you ever played a total war game before? It’s basically like shogun 2, except warhammery and mad. And proper warhammer like when I were a lad, not this newfangled age of sigmar bollocks that all the kids are into.

I love it tbh, it’s not really all that casual- a campaign takes a long time- but it’s simple enough to pick up and then deep to get right into. it’s more or less my injury game. I reckon I’ve probably spent pennies per hour on it, put it that way.

Del

Ta for the PSA. I might have to take another look.
    Agree on portal and portal 2, both fantastic games. I have friends who say they don’t like video games and good sport is putting them in front of portal, getting them going, and coming back in 15 minutes to find they’ve cracked through a bunch of levels and they’re clicking on to the next one. 😀

razorrazoo

Youre in the wrong place, you need the Crystal Palace fans forum. Christian Benteke’s on there and he’s massively into it.

It pronounced wur-ammer!

theotherjonv

wurmer

darthpunk
    Free Member

It pronounced wur-ammer!

I came here for this

WARGHHHAMMA!!!!!

razorrazoo

No, wuuramma

(This really requires a separate thread)

theotherjonv

(This really requires a separate thread)

Pwick

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA & question – Total War: WARHAMMER II’ is closed to new replies.