Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • PSA: QECP Day & Night Enduro
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

It’s England’s first Gravity based staged endure at night.

It will practice in the light then race in the dark.

Its at Queen Elizabeth Country Cark in the South downs in Sat 17th May 2014.

Free camping
    Beer tent (not free)
    Flood light race village
    Prizes for top 3 riders in all categories
    One of the larges fleet of demo bike in the UK on the Sunday
    (From Specialized, Cube, Scott, Bianchi, Cannondale)

Should be a really good one and all the money goes back it to the trails at QECP.

Sign on link It went live on sat and is just over half full.

kimbers

Im in!

davosaurusrex

Me too, and three mates. What time is the beer tent open until Scott?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scottfitz
    Free Member

What time is the beer tent open until Scott?

Till the beer runs out 😉 not really sure yet, that’s not my bit but all welcome to the campsite for post race beers (After beer tent is closed)

Lummox

I’m in! Got two friends racing too. Last one was ace!

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Hmmm… not sure I’m up for racing (lifetime results = 1 mates race: 1 last place) but I’m hoping I can marshal. Should be great.

superfli
    Free Member

This will surely be a cracking weekend! I’ll be doing a carp job of marshalling somewhere – will make sure I pack some polo’s and Xtra strong mints incase of a fall 🙂

dantsw13

I’m in! Will the lines be of similar style/standard to last years Gravity Enduro?

superfli
    Free Member

All the trails will be in the park itself, not where the enduro was last year. Similar standard though, possibly steeper on some trails.

Stuuey

I’m in! We asked, you listened, so we have to turn up. If it’s half as good as last year’s DH and Enduro it will be great!

kimbers

my solar storm x2s just arrived from china, bring it!

rups
    Free Member

really looking forward to this, going to be awesome! it’s not just going to be using the current trails people are used to at the park, there will be some very special new stuff thrown into the mix too 😀

DT78
    Free Member

Sounds fun, need to check with the OH. I take it by enduro it means big bike rather than xc hard tail which I normally do qecp on?

Anywhere to secure bikes whilst partaking in beer?

DezB
    Free Member

I’m in!

possibly steeper on some trails.
    I’m scared!

scottfitz
    Free Member

I take it by enduro it means big bike rather than xc hard tail which I normally do qecp on?

Yes but you could still do it on an XC hardtrail but if you have a 140/150mm ish bike I would go for that.

mgig
    Free Member

I’m in – see you there!

slackalice
    Free Member

I have no lights 🙁 Not in a position to acquire any ATM either with pending house move in August and general mis-management of personal finances 😳

And still feeling gutted after missing out last summers’ event due to a night of massive excess 😳

Might there be another day time event as well?

Perhaps I could offer myself to Marshall? How can I sign up for that instead Scott?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Slackalice-

Summer (Day time) gravity based enduro: http://www.qecptrailcollective.co.uk/events/qecp-trail-collective-enduro-27th-july-2014/

We will defiantly need marshalls for the day and night race. Send me an email a I will stick you on the list scottATqecptrailcollective.co.uk

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Slackalice -I have no lights Not in a position to acquire any ATM either with pending house move in August and general mis-management of personal finances

And still feeling gutted after missing out last summers’ event due to a night of massive excess

I’m pretty sure we can kit you out with lights… I can lend you a couple.

Mbnut
    Free Member

I am up for this… just trying to get a few mates involved.

Question… what is the difference between categories?

slackalice
    Free Member

Cheers Bartimus!

Reckon I’ll be Marshalling there, so one or two of those torches would come in handy 😉

bartimaeus
    Free Member

slackalice… Probably see you there then, I’m hoping to be allowed out all weekend, so I’m hoping to Marshal as well. You can add me to the list Scott.

scottfitz
    Free Member

slackalice… Probably see you there then, I’m hoping to be allowed out all weekend, so I’m hoping to Marshal as well. You can add me to the list Scott.

yep

scottfitz
    Free Member

Mbnut – Member

I am up for this… just trying to get a few mates involved.

Question… what is the difference between categories?

On QECP Website
    PRO: Riders that are sponsored or in PRO, Expert and Elite in other races

SPORT: Riders 18 and over that are not sponsored and with medium skill level

FUN: Riders 18 and over that are new to racing or new to the sport

U18: Riders Under the age 18

WOMEN: Riders that are female

scottfitz
    Free Member

We are down to 38 spots left so if your up for it grab your mates and get signed before it sells out 😉

http://www.xcracer.com/raceentry/viewevent.php?event_id=633

superfli
    Free Member

Bump for a weeks notice! Weather forecast is looking promising! Cant wait 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘PSA: QECP Day & Night Enduro’ is closed to new replies.