• This topic has 174 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by igm.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 175 total)
  • PSA – PX Tempest Rival 1 for £1299
  • johnnystorm

Just get it on 0% finance? C2W ain’t that great and your £1000 limit is probably going to get you an alloy bike with Tiagra instead. No fannying with end of term nonsense as well.

I’m still umming and aahing over getting one….

brant
    Free Member

Tempest (and Space Chicken) isn’t on 0% due to margins. We do have a 36 month plan tho.

funkmasterp

Stop it Brant! I can’t afford either, but I could save money by commuting to work more 🧐 or selling one of the children 🤔

fatmax

Wow, that Holdsworth is absolutely lovely in the black and a bargain! Mmm…added to gravel bike shortlist!

johnnystorm

Ah,silly me.

zilog6128

Anybody going for a Space Chicken in the mental flame grilled paint job?

it’s rad, I like it (a lot more than the cheap Ti originally posted actually!). Bolt through fork which is nice too. Don’t actually need one tho!

funkmasterp

Buy one you know you want to 😉

ajf
    Free Member

My limit on c2w is £2k so was well within limits.

Still tempting as that deal rocks regardless.

Mounty_73

Never bought anything from Planet X, do they have a shop to go and look at the bikes?

Mounty_73

Ignore above post, just found the answer, all stores closed.

Those colours on the space chicken are crazy, but very attractive!

dantsw13

Brant – I have a Tempest from Apr 2018, which I think is the Mk1 Reilly designed bike. Would you happen to know the wheel/hub spacing & specs I need to buy some new wheels?

brant
    Free Member

Brant – I have a Tempest from Apr 2018, which I think is the Mk1 Reilly designed bike. Would you happen to know the wheel/hub spacing & specs I need to buy some new wheels?

It’s either 100mmx12mm f/142mmx12mm r if it’s bolt through, or 100mmx9mm f/135mmx10mm r if it’s QR.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Can anyone else see their orders on the PX website? My Account page is just blank…

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Really fancy one of these,but looking at sizes, the head tubes seem quite short in comparison to other similar frames ?… Compared to my Arkose the tempest is 30mm shorter in head tube for same size frame ?

brant
    Free Member

Compared to my Arkose the tempest is 30mm shorter in head tube for same size frame ?

Lower headset cup is external, so there’s 10mm+ there.
    And really, I’ve never been a fan of “flat stem and no spacers”, which is why we’re speccing a 17deg stem, a bunch of spacers.
    Shorter headtube means lower standover which is a good thing.

funkmasterp

Sooo close to hitting the finance option 😕 Space Chicken, Tempest or Holdsworth though? Also found a Vagabond at a good price. They all seem to be similar. I’m looking to commute, mess about, explore and hit the towpaths. Drawn to the Space Chicken because I’m a sucker for daft names. Yes I’m looking at you Karate Monkey.

brant
    Free Member

Just launched this evening.
    650B Space Chicken Rival1. £1299.99
    And it’s available on 0% or other finances (under £44/month)

650b Space Chicken Rival 1

plus-one

My space chicken earlier 🙂

Mowgli
    Free Member

Anyone else enjoying New Bike Day today?

It shipped with the wheels already on, so only job was to fix the bars to the stem. Top job from Planet X!

plus-one

Delivered to the office 🙂 Top work

brant
    Free Member

Three bikes being blown out this week – One Gravel, One Road and one classic hardtail

16 full monty apex 1 gravel at a silly £599.99

16 EC130 ultegra at a “got to go” £1249.99

Custom built Deedars NX at a “we’ve got too many” £799.99

Discounts should be live tomorrow morning.

neila

Shipped according to my account, no notification yet but crossed fingers for a delivery later this week.

mattbee

Mine arrived on Saturday which was a nice surprise. Pics to come but very impressed with it. Only issue with the build was a slightly loose centre lock clamp on the front wheel.

brant
    Free Member

Mine arrived on Saturday which was a nice surprise. Pics to come but very impressed with it. Only issue with the build was a slightly loose centre lock clamp on the front wheel.

Sorry to hear that. Can you DM me with sales order number please.

mattbee

Will do. To be fair it was only a slight movement of the rotor when the brake was applied that alerted me to it & the rest of the build of that one & the other I bought for my wife was spot on.

zilog6128

16 full monty apex 1 gravel at a silly £599.99

hydraulic drop bar version?

Mowgli
    Free Member

Only issue with the build was a slightly loose centre lock clamp on the front wheel.

Mine’s the same – might be 6-bolt rotors with adapters, and it’s play in the adapters? I can’t see how splined centrelock should rock even if the lockrings aren’t done up.

mattbee

It went away when I tightened the lock ring so I assume it was just slightly loose. 3 brakes out of 4 were fine.

ojays
    Free Member

Mowgli did you spec that with Rival 22 for the same price?

Looks sweet.

Mine arrived today as well. Really like the look of it. Can’t wait to get out on it tomorrow night.

Both centre lock discs had slight play when the brakes were applied, but they were easily tightened up which solved the problem.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Mowgli did you spec that with Rival 22 for the same price?

Yep! Sorted the stem and saddle now. Rides brilliantly!

mattbee

The Mrs’ one has stayed stock apart from changing to 165mm cranks and a 60mm stem.

Mine has had a few tweaks. Just waiting on some ski wall G One to arrive.

Daffy

I’m confused – I thought these were the Tempest Rival 1 builds, but you all seem to have 2*11 and small cassettes. Did you specify a change or has the spec changed?

snownrock

Daffy +1 I would really prefer a standard double crank as this would also be my winter/poor weather road bike. Did you have to pay extra for the change?

Mowgli
    Free Member

I think it was just me who asked for the Rival 22 upgrade – I posted two pics.

Daffy

I’d rather have 1* to be honest. Its easier to get up hills on 1* than 2* and you only lose a little speed on the flat.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Its easier to get up hills on 1* than 2* and you only lose a little speed on the flat.

Depends on ratios dunnit. Mines for much more road than offroad, and I didn’t want the bigger gaps. The simplicity of 1* was tempting though.

neila

Tempest
    Hoping the pic works, delivered today. Changed saddle out for a Fabric Scoop off my CAADX and I had to change the stem as +17 degrees didn’t suit. Everything else is marvellous.

neila

Maybe my photo uploading needs practice 😄 Does anyone know if a QR 12mm thru axle is available for the rear of the Tempest rather than the hex ended axle?

neila

Can’t seem to upload from photobucket, and tips?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 175 total)

The topic ‘PSA – PX Tempest Rival 1 for £1299’ is closed to new replies.