• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by ogden.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • PSA: Pub bike parts / Tiagra 10s Flat Bar Brakes/Shifter/Derailleur <£21
  • whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

some good deals for 10 speed tiagra (not compatible to other shimano 10s)

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/?s=tiagra&o=2

Shifter 10s £4.99
    Derailleur GS £9.99 / SS £7.99
    V-Brake Levers £2.99 each

shame the cassette is sold out

cokie

Great PSA! Bought some for the spares box.

scaredypants

nice prices – just remember everyone, that 10sp 4700 has 11sp cable pull ratios so it can’t be mixed with other 10sp road stuff

(err, I think)

((what do you mean “it says that in the OP?”))  😳

cp

nice prices – just remember everyone, that 10sp 4700 has 11sp cable pull ratios so it can’t be mixed with other 10sp road stuff

indeed, they are compatible with all the 11 speed road stuff though, so the 4700 rear mechs can be used with 11 speed road shifters & cassettes.

Bargains!

thepodge
    Free Member

It’s £1 cheaper to buy a whole rear mech than to buy just the jockey wheels

jon_n
    Free Member

It’ll work with 10 speed GRX however. I’ve got GRX 10 speed brifters and Tiagra f/r mechs and it all works perfectly. Tiagra F mech works with a GRX 2x chainset (even though the offsets are different), and the Tiagra rear also works with a 11-42 10 speed XT cassette for a proper mish mash of parts…

matt_outandabout

the Tiagra rear also works with a 11-42 10 speed XT cassette for a proper mish mash of parts…

Interesting. I’m wanting lower gears.
    Have you done that? Ideally with 2x – but then surely the mech can’t cope with overall front and rear tooth total?

Currently on 10sp Tiagra 11-32 with 50-34 at the front. Not ideal with panniers and Scottish hills…

A 40 or 42 cassette would be uber simple change to lower my gearing – and I’m close to needing new chain and cassette.

jkomo

Thanks, now on the look out for a frame to go with them. Great PSA

jon_n
    Free Member

Sorry – just been and double checked and it’s an 11-36 not a 42, my mistake… But it worked absolutely fine with the 50/34, and would run at big at both ends if you let it without complaining.

It looks like there’s enough range in the mech to support a 42 – and shimano make an 11-42 Tiagra cassette so I guess it’ll work OK. Someone has tried with a Sunrace 11-46 and got it to work:

https://road.cc/content/forum/269013-tiagra-4700-5034-11-46-sunrace-10-speed-cassette

breatheeasy
    Free Member

The RS700 11 speed shifters are also a tenner for the rear one if you want to run 11 speed cassette on a flat bar with the Tiagra rear mech and the RS700 shifter up…

bigyim
    Free Member

Thanks for the psa just ordered them for a cheap commuter bike! So do I need a 10 speed chain and cassette or 11!? I’m confused

tthew

If you bought the 10 speed shifter, 10 speed cassette and chain.

ogden
    Free Member

So the 10 speed Tiagra rear mech will work as an 11 speed with the RS700 11 speed shifter linked above?

andy5390

It’s £1 cheaper to buy a whole rear mech than to buy just the jockey wheels

Buy one shifter (right only) for £5, buy a pair (L+R) for £110 🤔

chakaping
    Free Member

Just to double check, we’re saying the GS 10sp mech will work with 11sp Shimano?

So I could get one as a backup for my Ultegra 6800?

cp

Just to double check, we’re saying the GS 10sp mech will work with 11sp Shimano?

So I could get one as a backup for my Ultegra 6800?

yep indeed, works perfectly. I run a 4700 rear mech with my Ultegra hydro 11 speed shifters.

chakaping
    Free Member

Ordered thanks.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I use a GS 4700 rear mech on my touring bike with 11-36 cassette and 26/40/50 chainrings and it all works fine.

ogden
    Free Member

Funny how this place works. I didn’t need this stuff or have a bike to fit it. Now my order is in the post and I’ve just collected my new 1994 Specialized Rockhopper Sport in violet 😂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.