PSA: Prodigy. “NEW” album….. ?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • PSA: Prodigy. “NEW” album….. ?
  • aphex_2k

Unmistakably Prodigy, the new album almost sounds like a remix album of Fat of the Land with a smattering of Experience / Music for the Jilted. I’ve listened to it. Sung old song lyrics over new tracks. As they say in Asia…. Same same but different. Anyone else heard it yet?

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Nah, lots of new things around. Saw a free download of it the other day and couldn’t be bothered. Have they done anything decent since Fat Of the Land?

drlex

^I’d consider Liam’s marriage in that category.

Premier Icon Caher
    Subscriber

Listened to a bit last night and agree that’s it’s simliar to earlier stuff, the problem is it’s just a Prodigy sound.

richardk

I really like it, but any album will struggle to have the impact of Fat of The Land or Jilted Generation.  I am also immensely looking forward to seeing them in Cardiff on Friday.  Is there a ‘what knee replacement?’ thread running for us oldies entering the moshpit?

kayla1

I like the Prodge but the stuff since Fat Of The land is pretty interchangeable.

edit- 😆 “What knee replacement?”

I saw them in 1997 at the V Festival in Leeds. Looks like I saw Foo Fighters as well but I’m buggered if I can remember it…

Pretty sure I saw them at V97 in Leeds too. Was that the year that Dave Grohl got a bee on his microphone? ‘There’s a **** bee on my microphone man!’

kayla1

No idea. I just remember it was a lovely day and I think the power kept going off during Prodge’s set.

schrickvr6

Have they done anything decent since Experience?

Looking forward to seeing them in London next week because they’re amazing live, but have to agree that it’s pretty poor compared to the older stuff. They’ll never better Fat Of The Land but this sounds like they’re not even trying anymore.

slowbloke

Seeing them tomorrow. Just read the Venues list of prohibited items as it’s been expanded and amongst usual – guns, knives, drugs it also lists “Glow Sticks” a new one on me for a prohibition list (not that I’d be taking any with me) but also “Food Helmets and Food Masks” whatever they are 😂

Only played it once so far, but really liked it. Saw them on their last tour, and spent most of the night wishing they’d play stuff from Experience or do a new album which sounded like it.

As Liam said in an interview ‘we invented that sound, so we’ll use it if we want to’ or words to that effect.

P-Jay

Played it in it’s entirety this morning, it’s ‘instantly recognisable’  I suppose you could say. ‘Fat of the Land’ was probably the last album I completely fell in love with, I enjoyed the later ones but they weren’t where they were with me after that (age probably).

I couldn’t really point out any tracks as obvious ‘singles’, I don’t suppose singles really matter any more when they release the whole album at once and everyone streams all they can eat music, but even the title track is good, not great and not really memorable.

If someone told me it was a collection of B-Sides and tracks that didn’t make the cut from ‘Invaders must die’ and ‘the Day is my Enemy’ I wouldn’t argue.

trumpton

I love every album they have made. I will be buying it for sure. Thanks OP.

.. yeah, Experience (Rewound) is back on the 1s and 2s round these parts.

Experience and Jilted are the good stuff the rest is more miss than hit. Breath and Girls were alright.

Like fine wine 😉

Always thought The Crystal Method Vegas album picked up where Prodigy left off.

windyg

I’m enjoying it, best one since Fat of Land/Music for the Jilted Generation, great on the turbo.

Gotta love a bit of The Crystal Method.

Cheers for posting that up chester.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Basically all they really needed to do, was put out an ep with voodoo people, spitfire, and their law on it and maybe just to fill it out, another version of their law. Prodigy jobbed.

PS, pitchshifter are touring this year…

zzjabzz

PS, pitchshifter are touring this year…

retro83

I’m a big prodge fan and I’ve listened to it through three times now, hoping it’ll grow on me but so far it’s not hooked me in 😒

Other than the sample used in ‘Light Up The Sky’ I couldn’t recall a single bit from it.  It sounds like ‘music in the style of Prodigy’ than one of their own albums.

Premier Icon cheers_drive
    Subscriber

Listening to it right now, it’s nothing new it’s very listenable when I want some music to get me going.

MFTJG is one of my favourite ever albums across any genre

kayla1

This is ace-

patriotpro

I wish they would just tour playing their old stuff.

aphex_2k

They’re new album is pretty much their old stuff.

Lasted about 5 days listening to it, then got bored.

Did find an awesome Prodigy classics mix on Mixcloud – look for a guy called Dave Junglist (he’s got heaps of old school rave mixes too which are damn good!)

trumpton

I have it now thanks to this thread and really like it so far. It is starting to grow on me. One thing though, it could do with being a bit longer.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Prodigy. “NEW” album….. ?’ is closed to new replies.