• This topic has 26 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by eskay.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • PSA – Planet x Podsac handlebar bag – tenner
  • damascus
    Free Member

Is this the bar bag that doesn’t fit properly and @brant had to post out extra straps to people on here that couldn’t make it work? Has that been sorted or are they selling them off for a tenner for a reason?

kayak23

Oh. Don’t know. Hope it’s sorted as I just ordered one 🤔

Lots of good comments on the Facebook page that shows the offer.

damascus
    Free Member
    eskay

Thanks for the PSA, that finishes off my kit for the lakes #jenride. My tent will fit perfectly in there!

kayak23

Cheers Damascus. I even made a comment on that thread. What a bad memory I have! Looks like I may have simply paid ten pounds to add further complexity into my life 😂

We’ll see I guess. If the bag itself is sturdy enough then it’ll find a use somewhere else but essentially it’s a bit lame if it can’t do what it’s ‘designed’ for.

scandal42
    Free Member

They have another one

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CCPDHB/podsacs-waterproof-handlebar-bag

Not sure if this fits better?

damascus
    Free Member

They have another one

I think it’s this one that’s not so good.

The one with a pouch that kayak23 linked to is apparently OK.

tthew

Yeah, that’s my original thread and the floppy bar-bag.
    The replacement straps were also crap. I’ve got an improvement idea to add a stiffening dowel a bit like old Carradice saddle bags had, but the bag has been stashed under the stairs so i’d kind of forgotten about it. I’ll have a go soon and provide an update……

russl
    Free Member

It looks nothing like the picture when you get it on your bike! To be fair the new straps they sent out (one came sharpish one came a few weeks later after I’d given up on it!) have sorted it now and for a tenner you can’t fault it.

tthew

Oh yeah one replacement strap! I’d forgotten that 🤣 You were lucky, my replacement was about 20mm shorter with the velcro still in the wrong places, so I didn’t ask for another.

onehundredthidiot

I gave up using (trying to use it ) it as a bar bag and just use the waterproof bag. Not bought anything from px since. Just kinda left me disappointed.

eskay

Mine turned up today and guess what…. the velcro straps are bloody rubbish, they will not tighten around the handle bars (didn’t try the third one). It will be going back.

kayak23

Will they refund the original postage and the return postage? Hardly worth returning if not, except for the principle maybe.

eskay

Don’t know, will try live chat later and find out. I guess I could just buy some velcro straps that work.

ElVino

Thanks for the PSA, that finishes off my kit for the lakes #jenride. My tent will fit perfectly in there!

Out of interest, what tent fits between hoods and do you include poles?

eskay

@El Vino – I have bought one of these, there are lighter tents around but for the money this is pretty good. I also bought the footprint for it (which packs down to nothing pretty much!). I have put the tent up in my living room and quality looks good.

https://www.winfieldsoutdoors.co.uk/wild-country-zephyros-1-compact-tent/

eskay

Oh, and PX have given me a free returns label to send the bag back for a free return.

damascus
    Free Member

This is a prime example why px get hammered on here.

3 months ago people posted that they couldn’t install these because the straps were too short. Px sent out longer straps.

Then rather than saying “we are selling these cheap because the straps are too short, grab a bargain but order your own straps” they just sell it. Then people get it and either return it or keep it thinking px are just rubbish but it was only a tenner, glad I didn’t buy a bike.

If only they could stop making these little mistakes then their reputation would improve.

Ps I’ve owned several px and oo bikes and I’m no hater.

matt_outandabout

damascus +1

I know I’m confirming my already held view that PX / OO are a total waste of money, but you’re right. It’s borderline fraud to not mention it’s a crap design.

Compare with Alpkit. They had a dodgy batch of tents made. Cue a reduction from £220 to £60, with clear description, pictures and free return if you still were not happy. They even wrote a blog post about the issues, for added clarity.

damascus
    Free Member

Or they could even add the correct straps! Having had 3 months to fix it!

tthew

3 months ago people posted that they couldn’t install these because the straps were too short. Px sent out longer straps.

Too long originally, but I take your point.

eskay

I was told during my online chat that they were all returned to the manufacturer to have the correct straps fitted. I think that may have been a small white lie…..

damascus
    Free Member

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, Px might actually have done this and believed this but why wouldn’t you check it first?

tomcrow99

The straps on mine (recent order) look pretty short. I haven’t tried attaching it to a bike yet mind…

montgomery
    Free Member

They work fine with the addition of a couple of quids worth of QR buckle webbing straps. Had one on the go for almost two years.

eskay

Well embarrassingly I had another look at the bag before I sent it back and the handlebar straps are meant to go through two loops in the roll, I had only put them through one. When it is done correctly the straps work!!

Quite pleased with it now!

And apologies to px

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Planet x Podsac handlebar bag – tenner’ is closed to new replies.