Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 689 total)
  • PSA – Planet X London Road frameset for £150
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

It’s looking like my drop barred bikes will outnumber my flat bared ones by quite a margin… How did that happen?

yep same here 3 to 1 now !

cookeaa

Yep Same ratio here (or will be)…

Trigger pulled (cringes) on a silver in large.

Bargain-cross here I come!

lennyhenry
    Free Member

@dknwhy – Could I have a few details about your brakes & wheels – and how much would you be after for them?
    Still just thinking it over at the minute but with wheels and brakes sorted at a reasonable price I’d have no reason not to buy one!

dknwhy

@lennyhenry they’re the standard ones off my cx comp (tektro lyra calipers and rotors)
    Spec here

One of the rotors is stuck on the hub as one of the bolts rounded.
    £90 plus postage or collection from Croydon.
    Also got the boardman 31.6 seatpost and saddle that you can have for £15

cookeaa

Now it’s ordered I am thinking about it’s future use, anyone got any photos of a London Road kitted out for bikepacking/touring duties?

karnali
    Free Member

grum how much for small frame??

shermer75
    Free Member

stumpy_m4 – Member
    Headset not included, bought the £40 fsa caged bearing one from planet x which was utter junk and an absolute bitch to get the crown race on, so much so i ended up chipping the forks !!!!!
    in the end i got a lifeline (sealed bearings) one from wiggle for £19 which is excellent quality

This is interesting, I thought at first that only that one particular headset form FSA would fit. Good to know that there are other options out there! 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Do you mean this one? Link

grum
    Free Member

karnali – probably about £100 but I’d have to check out about how much postage would be. Whereabouts are you? I’m in W Yorkshire. I need to check if I’ve fitted a headset too – have a feeling I have.

dmorts

Fancy something lighter that does the same job.

I’d double check this, Kaffenback (link) frame weight quoted as 2.2 kg and London Road (link) frame and forks weight quoted as 2.3 kg.

Need to establish if Kaffenback page the ‘frame’ weight includes forks or not as the product is a frame set and not just a frame.

cp

The kaff frame weight does NOT include forks

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I had a pompetamine, it weighed around 2.7kg, plus 1kg for the forks.

jeff

How capable are these frames for off road / CX style use?

ahwiles
    Free Member

cookeaa – Member

It’s looking like my drop barred bikes will outnumber my flat bared ones by quite a margin… How did that happen?

because ‘mountain biking’ has become something that needs 160mm travel, dual compound tyres, full face helmets, kneed pads, chairlifts, and a speed-emo sound track.

most of us don’t need any of that for the mix of quiet roads and mellow bridleways that our local off-road riding incorporates.

cynic-al
    Free Member

IIRC my L Pompetamine was 2.3kg

grum
    Free Member

‘d double check this, Kaffenback (link) frame weight quoted as 2.2 kg and London Road (link) frame and forks weight quoted as 2.3 kg.

SURELY it has to be considerably lighter than a Kaffenback with the matching forks? 😯

cynic-al
    Free Member

It is – the Kaff weight is frame only.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

@ sherma75, yeah that’s the one ,fits soo much better than the fsa one from planet x and half the price

shermer75
    Free Member

Good to know, thanks stumpy! 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Anyone know if the P-X frame stickers on this are easily removable, or whether they are under a clear coat? Thinking of getting one and doing a “stealth” build as a gift.

shermer75
    Free Member

My understanding is that they are under a clear coat…

flybywire
    Free Member

..funny, you get the idea of PX having a container full of each size :lol:.
    Ordered a large today will build up to a great 1×9 or 1×10 commuter/cx bike – .
    Hey cookeaa I commute the A4 also, try not to cramp your style (I’ll dive off down the towpath if I see you about 😉 )

cookeaa

@ flyby wire – Don’t worry, I have very little style to cramp….
    Most of My commuting will still be on the fixie I expect it’s what it was built for, but I might start to use the London Road to go via the Kennet tow path as that almost takes me door to door with absolute minimum traffic, got a feeling it might take me a while to build it up though.

flybywire
    Free Member

that’s ok then 🙂
    mmm silver, not first choice but ok – thinking about it owned a 1985 raleigh striker,1995 kona hei hei, 2005 giant trance all silver (!)
    yep might be Sept when built but could be sooner – versatile 29er for commute at present

grum
    Free Member

Bloody hell mine came already! Delivery people just let themselves into my porch and left it there. 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Fancy posting a photo? How’s the silver colour? I’m super curious to know what it looks like when not in a photo shoot à la Planet X web site! 😉

grum
    Free Member

Amazing what you can be arsed to do when you are supposed to be working….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/sxechY]London Road (4 of 4)[/url] by Graham Wynne, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rT1LmH]London Road (1 of 4)[/url] by Graham Wynne, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/sPQdag]London Road (2 of 4)[/url] by Graham Wynne, on Flickr

I quite like it. Might find some horrible turquoise bar tape to match the logo colours. 😀

DT78
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to resist…looks nicer than stock photos.

Anyone planning a flat bat version (basically swapping out an old mtb frame)

shaley
    Free Member

I was thinking about building one up as a flat bar bike, and then moving to road groupset/bars when I find things that are on sale.

shermer75
    Free Member

That does indeed look really nice!

Yes, planning a flat bar commuter here also

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Grum, those pics just cost me 150 quid. P-X should use your lucd or pay a percentage…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Grum or others can you weigh it?

shaley
    Free Member

What wheels are people putting on it?

cookeaa

Wheels wise I am torn between just buying something like these (another PX bargain), or taking the perfectly functional pair of spare 32h hubs from my now defunct SS mtb, and rebuilding them with some cheap 622mm rims, like rigida taurus’ cheaper, possibly more robust, but more faff, and heavier…

shermer75
    Free Member

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Im liking the silver more than my lime one 😳

ads678

I bought one and also the shimano wheels above. Will be fitting a sora triple group set and on one midge bars, don’t really know why but I’ve always fancied giving them a go!! Also got continental cyclocross speed tyres and some bright blue bar tape to finish it off!!

Can’t wait for it all to arrive…….

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Used my flat bar commuter today for the first time and it was ace. Really comfy. The Lime Green is amazing. Do feel I will stick drops on it after summer.

lennyhenry
    Free Member

@dknwhy – just dropped you an email

grum
    Free Member

Grum, those pics just cost me 150 quid. P-X should use your lucd or pay a percentage…

🙂

Al I have no means of weighing – feels pretty light though.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 689 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Planet X London Road frameset for £150’ is closed to new replies.