Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 689 total)
  • PSA – Planet X London Road frameset for £150
  • mulacs

Sorely tempted here, my old cdf is feeling very heavy on the hills these days… Humm…

scotroutes

wicki – Member
    So has any one loaded up their LR with panniers and toured yet ? ho did it handle ?

It’s certainly been done. We had one through last Autumn on its way to John o’Groats for a JOGLE.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

I’m tempted but not sure on what size to go for
    5’7″tall with 30″ long legs , I have brakes and bars for a flat bar setup but would still like to be able to run drop bars is I change my mind.
    small or medium ? any ideas or thoughts?

richardthird

@ wicki

Will be bike packing Ridgeway double next month, some other stuff, then Torino Nice Rally in Sept.

Now flat bar, hydro brakes, SLX 11-36t & 38T N/W; Nano Race 40c.
    (5’11 on large, 56cm ETT)

wicki
    Free Member

Iam 5’9″ and wanted the same dual purpose choices as you, got the recommended medium and its to small to flat bar with out a stem that looks like a boat tiller..its 54 virtual not actual ….i wish manufacturers would settle on one convention for frame sizes.

igm

They publish the effective top tubs don’t they?

richardthird

fwiw I went from drop bar 80mm stem to flat bar 100mm stem.

nathb
    Free Member

Mine’s still with the warranty team 16 days later 😆

the00
    Free Member

Pushed the button last night. At £140 it is cheaper than the forks I was considering for my other frame. Man maths has a lot to answer for, again.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I’m tempted but not sure on what size to go for
    5’7″tall with 30″ long legs , I have brakes and bars for a flat bar setup but would still like to be able to run drop bars is I change my mind.
    small or medium ? any ideas or thoughts?

You’ll be a small.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Price has just gone up

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

How long did it take with their warranty team?

Mine’s still with the warranty team 16 days later

to be fair they were very quick with mine – I sent em photos and they sent a replacement frame pretty much as soon as they’d got the old one back, and the refund on that was quick too.

Northwind

crashtestmonkey – Member

to be fair they were very quick with mine – I sent em photos and they sent a replacement frame pretty much as soon as they’d got the old one back, and the refund on that was quick too.

TBF with a frame like this with such known defects, quick would mean sending it out before they had the old one back. It’s a different deal to one-offs. Unless yours was a different issue to the standard ones?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

no, I think I won the Clown’s Pocket Award for most laughably out of spec seat tube

nathb
    Free Member

Yeah mines out of spec too, not as much as that though!!

The issue is it’s causing a huge creak, which was highly annoying.

Some of stuff they have said so far though…. 🙄

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Are you sure the creak is coming from the seatpost clamp of the frame? Mine was similar to crashtestmonkeys, and even that didn’t creak at all. Is it a carbon post or dodgy saddle rails or something? You mentioned you had the lifeline headset in, which is slightly out-of-spec, it could be that too. If the headset is not in the cups properly it will creak with the slightest movement of the steerer (this happened to me until i got the correct headset).

nathb
    Free Member

Yeah definitely seat clamp area – confirmed by placing a clamp on it and tightening (by hand) just until it bites – makes the same creak.

Before doing that test I tried:
    2x 31.6mm seat posts
    3x seat clamps (Hope/BB/PX)
    Carbon pasted/greased/dry
    2x different saddles (one brand new, one from my road bike so confirmed it doesn’t)

mulacs

WHY did they put the price up?! 140 was on, 170 is too close to 200 for my liking! They were clearly selling too fast. Fingers crossed they fluctuate the price down again, come on p x !!

Northwind

crashtestmonkey – Member

no, I think I won the Clown’s Pocket Award for most laughably out of spec seat tube

Like throwing a sausage down a close, that.

nathb
    Free Member

Mine’s still with the warranty team 16 days later

24 days later

Latest reply 26th May. I’ve sent two email messages, called twice and online chatted since then. 😆

cookeaa

Interesting that they are still suffering the same oversized seat tube issue, must be a fresh batch by now, shouldn’t be a problem anymore… Piss poor QC…

Northwind

cookeaa – Member

Piss poor QC…

It’s not a QC issue, it’s a not giving a shit issue. Factory and seller are totally aware but have just decided to sell them anyway. Their manufacturing and QC is functioning exactly how they want it to.

cookeaa

@Northwind you are probably right, it just seems like the blowback from the previous shite batch wasn’t enough to motivate them to actually address the issue. It’s a shame, I really quite like my London Road, but would never recommend one to anyone else, quite an odd thing to say isn’t it:

“it’s a great bike… But buy an Arkose”…

nathb
    Free Member

I wasn’t going to show this, but PX are really hacking me off now.

My original email to them stated that the seat tube was over sized, this is their response:

Hi Nathan

We have never had a problem with this at all it is a first.I would recommend sending the frame back so the warranty team can inspect that.We can arrange collection for you.

Regards

Therefore you guys with seat tube issues have photoshopped them! 😆

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Anyone fancy ordering a full London Road bike with the 700x50C Schwalbe Century tyres option and when it arrives, ask them why the wheels won’t spin? 😆

cookeaa

@nathb that is an outright lie, I have a customer service acknowledgement from PX dated 18/06/15 related to “London Road frame seatpost size” where I reported the issue of oversized seat tubes and linked this thread… Flick back a year or so and you’ll find my corresponding posts…

wicki
    Free Member

OMG the company just gets better and better 😆

cookeaa

Ticket History
    ————- (Client) Posted On: 18 June 2015 07:01 PM

Hi there, following this thread on STW:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/psa-planet-x-london-road-frmaeset-for-150/

I bought a 31.8mm seatpost to check the fit (description says 31.6mm), the
    fit of the 0.2mm larger post is significantly better, and measurements I
    have taken indicate the tubes ID is 31.8mm.

I am still perfectly happy with the frame but thought that planet X should
    be made aware of the discrepancy as it may affect frames already in use.

Regards,

————-.

And the response:

Hi —–

Thank you for your email

We appreciate the feedback in this matter and take it very seriously, we are currently testing our frames to assess whether this is an isolated incident.

Again thank you for bringing this to our attention

Kind regards

Robert

So yeah. It’s all news to them… Again.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Received June 11 2015 in response to sending them my pic then returning my frame…

[Quote]

Hi David

Our technical department has asked me to contact you regarding your frame,

An assessment has been made and the seat tube is over sized,

Due to this I have arranged for a replacement frame to be shipped to the address on your returns form as soon as possible.

I apologise fro any inconvenience that has been caused.

Kind Regards,
    Naomi

[/Quote]

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I made a coke-can shim. Yes I know – it’s not the point – but less trouble than sorting out a return/replacement.

cookeaa

I bought a bigger diameter post, and the frame has been fine for the last year (about to exit warranty period I think).

The point is, while I was happy to accept substandard goods for a (fair) bit of a saving, I would have hoped that future customers wouldn’t have had the same problem to face, especially after it was highlighted by multiple customers over a year earlier…

robdob
    Free Member

I still have no idea why people buy sub standard crap from this company.

At least in the past they were a bit lame but sorted you out in the end, now they just don’t give a crap, would sell you anything they had no matter how badly made then lie about it afterwards.

Additionally, if they can’t get a simple thing like a seat tube made the right size, how do you know the hidden stuff is any good? I just couldn’t trust it.

nathb
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses, links back abd reassurances that it’s not just me being a picky g*t 😆

I’m not really up for shimming it so standing firm on a refund now – I specifically bought the PX seat post and clamp (along with 2x wheelsets + all the bits required for the frame that usually come as standard from other companies such as cable clips, cable guides etc) so it would all match. I did stupidly ask for a credit note so I could try one of their RTD framesets – but I’m beyond that now and don’t wish to hand them anymore money.

It’s more annoying that this was perfect for commuting, such a nice ride and looked great too. May try a chinese carbon frame instead. 😀

scotroutes

Cheap, innit!

wicki
    Free Member

Any one want to swap a large frame LR for a medium?

Medium on this frame is a bit small for me and I don’t feel its fair to sell it maybe another owner is in a similar position with a large.

Northwind

nathb – Member

We have never had a problem with this at all it is a first.I would recommend sending the frame back so the warranty team can inspect that.We can arrange collection for you.

The thing that honked me off most, when I was going through their cycle of theft and lies, was the lack of quality control in the lying. A good lie’s a work of art- it’s plausible and durable and takes a bit of effort. On One would happily tell a blatant lie, I’d point out that it contradicted the info on their website, so without pausing they’d just tell another blatant lie that contradicts the website AND the original lie. Their bullshit is as finely crafted as their bikes.

Lie #1, in that case, was exactly the same lie as you just got incidentally.

nathb
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    The thing that honked me off most, when I was going through their cycle of theft and lies, was the lack of quality control in the lying. A good lie’s a work of art- it’s plausible and durable and takes a bit of effort. On One would happily tell a blatant lie, I’d point out that it contradicted the info on their website, so without pausing they’d just tell another blatant lie that contradicts the website AND the original lie. Their bullshit is as finely crafted as their bikes.

Lie #1, in that case, was exactly the same lie as you just got incidentally.

Yeah, the annoying thing is you have to wait 4-5 working days for a pointless response from them.

Right now I’m in limbo as they still haven’t responded to my emails since the 26th May. Even after 3/4 calls and a couple of online chats, I just get told they’ll call me back or email me back as it’s with another department.

No idea how to proceed from here to be honest. 😕

scotroutes

On One/PX have no outgoing phonelines. FACT!

nathb
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member
    On One/PX have no outgoing phonelines. FACT!

Excellent – I’m going to speak to my credit card issuer (bank) and see if they can reverse the charge. I think I’ve been patient enough!?

nathb
    Free Member

nathb – Member
    Excellent – I’m going to speak to my credit card issuer (bank) and see if they can reverse the charge. I think I’ve been patient enough!?

Done, I’ve just got to wait for the paperwork now.

This is the full transcript I’ve had with them if anyone’s interested: http://forum.cyclinguk.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106647&sid=6718e63e55a3337ae7402e239db0977d&start=15#p1020329

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 689 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Planet X London Road frameset for £150’ is closed to new replies.