Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA Passporte du soleille registration now open
  • Andy

Ok Main website still says its down, but if you go here:

http://www.portesdusoleil-events.com/

which is the booking site that folded this morning, its up.

Pete Poddy and I have just booked 6 tickets from Chatel between us (Woo Hoo!)

psychle
    Free Member

Which start point is best, any reason you guys choose Chatel? Would be quite keen to have a look at this this year 🙂

Andy

I'd recommend either Morzine or Chatel. We fancied a change this year so went for Chatel, Morzine tends to be popular because of all the (rather tired) downhill courses.

Either way, go for it. Its not a race but 80kms spanning an entire region, and 18,000 foot of descent, and a great vibe makes it well worth the 40 euros.

mafiafish
    Free Member

pah that site is offline now

Pete
    Free Member

I just got 2 entries in, but site now down again…

Bear
    Free Member

just got 6 done, rest of our group still struggling

forge197
    Free Member

same here will keep trying!!

psychle
    Free Member

bugger… should've just booked a spot when I had it open… what's it like if you just turn up on your own btw? my wife doesn't think she'd be up for it, maybe too tough for her? she's a newbie at this offroad lark 🙂

BillyBull
    Free Member

You can go together. You do the ride, plenty of people around. Three and a half thousand I think. Then spend the rest of the week doing stuff together.

psychle
    Free Member

fair point… guessing accommodation gets pretty booked up? what sort of prices are you looking at? 2-3* hotel/B&B type thing.

BillyBull
    Free Member

You can get some good chalets on the outskirts. We had one for eight at £60 each for the week. But they had smaller ones.

forge197
    Free Member

psychle – my wife hasn't ridden the alps before though I have, but this year she'll be taking the bike not for PDS but just to do some less demanding trails as well as some walking in the hills, plenty to be doing if she didn't want to be on the bike, or indeed when your on the bike 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA Passporte du soleille registration now open’ is closed to new replies.