Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PSA – outrageous broadband bill from BT in December ?
  • hels
    Free Member

Mine was. My usage jumped from average 1.2gb per month to over 50, and the buggers billed my £42.40 with no warning (OK they emailed an account I have never used, instead of the one in my contact details)

The first lady I spoke to insisted it was probably my virus checker updating, and the charge would stand !

I was gearing up for a fight, had composed a stinky letter and fired in a Subject Access Request under DPA for all the info re URLs I had supposedly visited, to match it against my work and holiday schedule to prove it wasnae me.

Then the supervisor eventually called back “there were problems with some accounts in December, I have refunded the £42.40 today” which kind if took the wind out of my sails.

So, the PSA aspect – if you think BT have overbilled you – hassle them !

greeble
    Free Member

I’m happy I’m on a unlimited broadband deal 50gb a month is average usage for some

hels
    Free Member

Well it looks like I might have to upgrade to get BT Sport for the MOTO GP, I have BT TV already but can I find on their website how this is done ?

The only company I know that can get away with treating customers so badly…

aracer
    Free Member

How much are you paying for limited broadband? I’m hardly a heavy user and get through 20GB to 30GB a month on my unlimited account (80GB last month with lots of streamed Olympics!)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In that case you are very lucky. Not the worst by a long stretch.

aracer
    Free Member

That would be because they’re the only ISP you know… (though to be fair nothing wrong with those I’ve used, but then I’m paying more than I could be to avoid the worst)

wrightyson
    Free Member

That’s why I like sky’s unlimited bband.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Shame skys customer service isnt any better and they are absolutely shocking at sorting out issues.

Touch wood never had an issue getting bt to do what i want them to do . But i dont beat around the bush with them just tell the, what you expect them to do – they try to tell you there will be a charge if its not externAl wiring – the key for me is knowing i dont have any internal wiring to cause fault.

tiggs121
    Free Member

I am on BT Unlimited Broadband with BT Sport, free weekend and evening calls. 6 months free and now £16/month.
    I paid line rental up front.

They are a nightmare company to deal with or find a way around their website but so far service has been good.

I think Moto GP might be a good business move for them. The footie and rugby coverage is fine, even though some of the pundits are a wee bit irritating. McManaman and Warnock particularly!

iain1775
    Free Member

Hels
    I had exactly the same
    40mb limit and normally get nowhere near, December we where over 180mb, January back to 22mb
    Have you anymore details what did they say, what ‘issues’
    All that happened when I phoned to query was I ended up signed pro an unlimited package for an extra fiver

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘PSA – outrageous broadband bill from BT in December ?’ is closed to new replies.