PSA: Orange/T-Mobile/EE Galaxy S3 users. Jelly Bean!!!

Home Forum Chat Forum PSA: Orange/T-Mobile/EE Galaxy S3 users. Jelly Bean!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • PSA: Orange/T-Mobile/EE Galaxy S3 users. Jelly Bean!!!
  • fbk

Jelly Bean is finally here! It’s only 4 months overdue but I think this is 4.1.2 which is a bonus.

Just downloading it via Kies now.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

got mine on Optus in Oz, it’s all good, more info in mail/text previews, block mode (that works) and more nice little tweaks 🙂

Premier Icon breadcrumb
    Subscriber

Pah, I’ve had JellyBean for a few weeks on my Desire!

Premier Icon muddydwarf
    Subscriber

T-mobile user here with recently obtained new phone, what is jelly bean please 😕

Premier Icon muddydwarf
    Subscriber

Ah, Android thing is it? Windows phone here..

bwfc4eva868

Orange and HTC one s. Got it Tuesday. Lovely and smooth and blue. Improved my music player too.

Houns

Don’t think they’re doing it for my Sensation. Ah well my new phone will hopefully have Key Lime Pie on it

singlecrack

Do Orange do this automatically …….or do I have to do it manually …(and how is that done ??)

And what will the improvements be ?

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

quite a few nice little things – go to settings > About Device > Software Update

bikebouy

” is just updating phone ”

singlecrack

Ah bummer my phone doesn’t have a software update tab 😥

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Ah bummer my phone doesn’t have a software update tab

root it till it does 🙂

mark90

For any users of MMTracker be aware that JB breaks the app. I’d rather stay on ICS and keep the app working.

My Note2 came with JB – sooo much nicer than ICS on my old Desire HD

tyger

Quick question – I have an HTC one X and my desktop charger means that it has to be on it’s side (as that’s where the power connection is situated) and I was hoping that JB would allow the home screen to rotate but it doesn’t – anyone know how this could be done? Many thanks T

tyger

D’oh fixed it 🙂

cynic-al

4.0.4 is ICS yes?

Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

Get a stock firmware and debrand with odin3.

If you cant use odin3 you don’t deserve to have a phone.

deviant

Cynic-al

Yes, the OS becomes jellybean on 4.1

dazzlingboy

Help me out here – Orange S3 user – can’t find an update option anywhere?

Probably looking in the wrong place but can find the About and Android Version 4.0.4 but can’t see how to update it?

bikebouy

Have you linked it into Kies yet?

dazzlingboy

Er nope. Do I need to download this onto my laptop and go from there?

mau00149

For any users of MMTracker be aware that JB breaks the app. I’d rather stay on ICS and keep the app working.

Do you know if it’s the same for the S2? I like being able to view 50K maps on the phone (i just have the trial version for viewing maps as use endomondo for tracking)

Premier Icon cp
    Subscriber

Mmtracker works on my tab 2 running jelly bean

rob jackson

Had 4.1.1 on my one x for 4 weeks now, not much difference

hopelander

is it possible on a nokia n8? thanks

mark90

Do you know if it’s the same for the S2? I like being able to view 50K maps on the phone (i just have the trial version for viewing maps as use endomondo for tracking)

Mmtracker works on my tab 2 running jelly bean

Sorry, my bad its the file system changes in 4.2 that break MMTracker, 4.1.x should be OK. Unfortunately the dev doesn’t appear to be doing any further work on the app, probably due to MMs action.

fbk

You need to update via Kies (connected to a PC/laptop) as Orange took the “update phone” tab off the phone!

And the latest (last?) version of MMTracker works fine on 4.1.2 (the latest version of Jelly Bean) whereas it didn’t work on the latest version of ICS (IME).

Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PSt8b5D2dM[/video]

DickBarton

I’m on a S2 and need to wait a bit longer…still no date but there are hints it could be the next 6 weeks…which is bareable…have to say, latest update of ICS has made my phone crash constantly…hoping Jelly Bean will rectify a lot of the crashing and hanging…not daily but the fact it happens annoys me most – didn’t do it before I updated to lastest version of ICS (through Kies and on Vodafone).

retro83

I hate this network specific bloatware bullcrap. It’s one thing I wish Android would take from the iOS school of thought.

glasgowdan

What are you lot talking about? What’s jellybean?

I have an S3 – should I do this? Why? It’s on Orange – how do I do it, if I even need to?

Mleh.

glasgowdan

Is it worth doing or is it just going to take another few weeks to get used to before the next update?

DickBarton

Dan, it’s the latest update to the operating system of the phone…if your current phone is working without issues, then probably no need to update…but the update will have some new bits and pieces that may prove useful for you…

daveh

Is 4.2 just a nexus thing then?

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

I hate this network specific bloatware bullcrap. It’s one thing I wish Android would take from the iOS school of thought.

It’s entirely possible just get a non branded phone from someone like carphonewharehouse and you can still get the deal on contract etc just non of the crap. alternatively note down the network settings and flash the phone back to standard.

My s3 has minimal branding and is unlocked from day 1.

It’s not case of Android taking from Ios but the networks demanding some way to enhance & make money

Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

Just download a stock firmware (non branded) and flash to the phone using odin. I bought a T mobile/orange phone off ebay. Now its unbranded.

Premier Icon santacruzsi
    Subscriber

I’ve had it a little while about 6 weeks on my S3 on Three. Makes it a bit quicker and a few new features. It also appeared to download a further update on Thursday , android 4.1.2.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Orange/T-Mobile/EE Galaxy S3 users. Jelly Bean!!!’ is closed to new replies.