• This topic has 24 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by SOAP.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • PSA: On-One 456 Evo 2 Pre order page live
  • cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Just in case anyone’s been waiting

Pre order page

dufresneorama
    Free Member

We’ve got our brand new bulge butted seat tube here too, with a 30.9mm ID to take a dropper post if you want it, and shimmed with a brazed on ring reinforcement to take a 34.9mm seat clamp. Front mech size is 34.9mm too if you’re running one.

Seatpost Size (mm) 27.2
    Seat Clamp Size (mm) 29.8
    Front Mech Clamp Size (mm) 28.6

This annoys me about the on-one website. Also when sorting results..half of them disappear!

jimc101
    Free Member

Looked great till I got to the headset, sticking with the old EC34 standard, when it’s getting easier and easier to get tapered, even with a ZS 1 1/8th you could use a conversion to run a tapered steerer.

That seattube sizing is confusing as well, 2 specs on one page….

BillOddie

I like that reddy orangey colour

godzilla
    Free Member

I hate blue, will the decals peel off?

brant
    Free Member

Seatpost Size (mm) 27.2
    Seat Clamp Size (mm) 29.8
    Front Mech Clamp Size (mm) 28.6

Should be fixed now.

Looked great till I got to the headset, sticking with the old EC34 standard, when it’s getting easier and easier to get tapered, even with a ZS 1 1/8th you could use a conversion to run a tapered steerer.

I did 44mm on a previous range of bikes and it was a huge pain in the arse. We are working on our own 44mm headset, and the range on offer is getting better, but for now, I was more than happy to leave it as “normal”.

I hate blue, will the decals peel off?

no.

rOcKeTdOg

not 27.5 or 29″ is it the 20th century again?

brant
    Free Member

not 27.5 or 29″ is it the 20th century again?

I keep wondering “is this the last 26in wheeled bike I’ll work on?”

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

noooooo some of us love 26″!

hora
    Free Member

Same seat stay/chain stays Brant?

Plus why are you appearing in the Cane Creek print ads? :mrgreen:

brant
    Free Member

Same seat stay/chain stays Brant?

No. Those are new.

Plus why are you appearing in the Cane Creek print ads?

Can’t remember when I last read a print mag. Guess I’m missing something hilarious.

honourablegeorge

44mm hassle or not – it’s getting harder and harder to find forks with 1 1/8th steerers – baffling decision to launch a new frame that’s not compatible with the vast majority of new forks. Would be a deal breaker for me, to be honest.

hora
    Free Member

No. Those are new.

Slender/thinner profile?

Are you going to name them ‘now with our new patented sensual sex-stays’?

cookeaa

TBH I was expecting a 44mm Head tube on the next steel 456 too, sort of makes sense now every other fork is tapered…

But that just pushes me more towards wanting a C456 for my next frame I suppose,if that’s the intention then job done…

Dropper sized seat tube? Yay!
    Not able to use tapered forks? Boo!

BillOddie

Not an issue if you have a [ahem] stock of 1 1/8th forks like me though!

Need to justify “upgrading” the Blue Pig…lower BB sounds good as it’s a bit high…

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

44mm hassle or not – it’s getting harder and harder to find forks with 1 1/8th steerers – baffling decision to launch a new frame that’s not compatible with the vast majority of new forks. Would be a deal breaker for me, to be honest.

+1!

I’m looking for some 1 1/8th forks for my Chameleon and finding very little available even now, unless its bottom of the range stuff, or if its higher up the range it won’t have the same discount as the tapered stuff (which can mean its cheaper replacing the frame!)

Even on the On-one website almost all forks are Tapered steerer.

nickdavies

What’s the weight going to be Brant?

brant
    Free Member

What’s the weight going to be Brant?

Weight: 16in frame – Raw finish 5lb 8oz, Paint finish 5lb 10oz

letmetalktomark

@ Brant …. Slightly OT but do you know if you will be getting in anymore of your 29er tapered carbon forks? I did call yesterday but the chap I spoke with wasn’t able to say 🙁

If you are when might they be in?

Failing that do you have any hiding in a dark corner in the shop?

brant
    Free Member

Slightly OT but do you know if you will be getting in anymore of your 29er tapered carbon forks? I did call yesterday but the chap I spoke with wasn’t able to say

I know where there is one that’s undecalled and going to go on the clearance page.

letmetalktomark

@brant – Thank you. Might you be able to point me in the direction or drop me a mail?

winch
    Free Member

EDIT: Found what I was after.

bigjim

that raw finish is fantastic.

_daveR
    Free Member

What’s the thoughts on sizing with these?

My current HT is a medium Soda and I find it a bit small. I’m 6′ with 33″ inside leg. Should I be looking at an 18″ or a 20″?

SOAP
    Free Member

Brant as you designed both how would this frame differ from a blue pig X?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘PSA: On-One 456 Evo 2 Pre order page live’ is closed to new replies.