Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • PSA: Olympic mtb tickets on sale again today.
  • fbk
    Free Member

But only for those select folk who applied and didn’t get any tickets first time round. I’m not eligible coz I got some rowing tickets (that I subsequently sold) and my other half isn’t coz she didn’t apply first time 🙁

Teifiterror
    Free Member

Applied for XC tickets first time round and didn’t get any, tried again as soon as available this morning and failed again. Not a particularly happy person right now!

Taff
    Free Member

rubbish! People in the fofice are trying for stuff. not much work being done here.

Mounty_73

Just got 2 tickets for the ladies mtb in August!!

I applied for the £20 option, then it came up with the £45, only ones left…..a bit of panic as I could not read the bloody captcha thing correctly !!

Chuffed !

titusrider
    Free Member

we tried for stuff again and didnt get anything again.

pissing me off tbh, mostly coz my GF is bothered and wants to see something and gets dissapointed

nedrapier

Quite fancy the BMX, but only £125 tickets left for the SF/F sesh.

Don’t fancy it quite that much.

brassneck

0 left that I could see :-/

brassneck

Strike that, womens still available

neville
    Free Member

I tried for men’s and got as far as entering the card details, but they were declined.

I did succeed in getting some for the Ladies on the Saturday.

What a traumatic system!

brassneck

.. plus Men’s Road – £60. going to work out a bit pricy for 2 adults and 2 children, even if I smuggle the smallest in

Mounty_73

It was a nerve racking experience…..4 mins to complete, then 2 mins, 4 mins….and I was expecting my browser to crash…..but hey ho, it went though without a glitch…. 🙂

drain

Had to make a call between XC for me and archery for my daughter (and me) so went for the archery as she’s got a future Olympics talent selection session coming up, whereas I just bimble around on a bike 😳

And we got some great tickets for the Women’s 1/4s through to Gold finals 😀 Now getting in the Olympics mood.

I predict some XC tickets appearing on the Classifieds at some point… 😉

djc1245
    Free Member

I got 4 for the mens mtb race. Chuffed as a chuffed thing

bigdawg
    Free Member

apparently I cant buy tickets… Still!!!!

but it looks as though the £20 mtb tickets are only for the medal ceremony not the actualy race..!

timmys

I predict some XC tickets appearing on the Classifieds at some point…

I’m not sure if I’m reading your post right at all but I have two archery tickets for the July 29th morning session (which I now can’t attend), that I would be interested in swapping for any XC tickets you have.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

I got some BMX finals tickets after being unsuccessful in the first two rounds, had the agony on friday morning of having track cycling tickets in my basket and being chucked out by the site while trying to pay, went for BMX over MTB because the other half really wants to go to the olympic park as well. Quite excited now.

drain

@timmys, sorry, reading my post I can see that it’s open to that interpretation – but no, what I’d meant was that given that in this pre-sale of tickets we’re only allowed to get tickets for one event and (having been unsuccessful in the first round of applications a few months ago for the XC tickets) I had to decide what event to go for.

In the interests of domestic harmony and investing in Number One Daughter’s archery future I figured archery would be the smart move 8)

But I still reckon some folk will (due to unexpected circumstances) have the odd ticket for sale on the Classifieds – may have to set up the RSS feed!

colournoise

Missed any XC tickets and on holiday for the BMX, but managed to get some Archery (my other sport/hobby) ones this time round – men’s team final!

slainte 😀 rob

belugabob
    Free Member

I managed (finally) to get a ticket to the MTB event – Yippee!

What I can’t understand, though, is that I was only eligible to apply because I didn’t get any in the first round of applications (1 year, 2 months and 2 days ago), so why are there suddenly tickets available now.
    Also, when you put the ticket(s) into your basket, then click ‘purchase’ you have to wait up to 15 minutes for the system to check if the tickets are actually available or not – what the hell is that all about?

The whole process is totally and utterly bemusing – it’s almost as if a committee of people have sat down and said “Right then, just how complicated and illogical can we make this?”

🙄

jambalaya
    Free Member

I got no tickets first time, tried for 36 tickets over 18 events inc MTB and BMX (would have been £10k had I got them all which I wasn’t expecting). This time tried to pay for some (expensive) athletics tickets and my card was declined (despite plenty of available credit). Whole experience has been totally sh1t.

theprawn
    Free Member

tried for bmx final but missed out on that. got some tickets to the womens mtb though. lovely jubbly.

no booze or offensive weapons though? what the ****?!

br
    Free Member

and for any who’ve bought tickets, don’t try and change your address…

My wife has a couple for the equestrian events and as we are now moving at the end of the month she rang up to change her address. Bottom line, you can’t.

You have to wait for them to be returned undelivered/unsigned (oh, yes) and then they’ll contact you (email/phone/?) to find out why. Rather than just change the address beforehand FFS!

composite
    Free Member

I managed to get tickets for the mens XC first time round, but I still think the whole process was shit. You would think that no one has ever sold tickets for the Olympics before. Why do we **** things up so badly in this country? 😐

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i just got tickets for the womens xc race!

im quite happy with that.

Clink

Womens xc race here too! My wife manged to get some as her day off.

I’m excited but our 2 girls are even more excited! 😀

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

ThePrawn, ill see you there. RB 😉

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Olympic mtb tickets on sale again today.’ is closed to new replies.