Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PSA – Older Magic Marys
  • lawman91

Just came across these on Tweeks, checked with them and the 29×2.35 is the older & lighter Snakeskin version at circa 850g, worth a punt at that price if you’re put off by the heft of the newer ones!

https://www.tweekscycles.com/uk/schwalbe-magic-mary-addix-tyre-1406069/

tabletop2

I’ve only used the newer schwalbe tyres. Where are these in terms of toughness?

lawman91

Snakeskin is on a par with the new Super Ground but way lighter in theory. I had a 2.35 Snakeskin a while back on an old Mondraker Foxy and found it really good. Never had any issues with Snakeskin tyres, even battering through the peaks etc

dc1988

I found Snakeskin good on the front, I preferred something a little tougher on the rear

chakaping
    Free Member

Well I had a look, decided against but then noticed they had Michelin Wild Enduro Fronts in 29in – so thanks for the PSA on that score.

🙂

dirkpitt74

Thanks for that – just sent it to a mate who was looking for one 👍

Northwind

tabletop2
    Free Member

I’ve only used the newer schwalbe tyres. Where are these in terms of toughness?

Pretty comparable to the super trail (the super trail adds a bit more sidewall protection but tbh it doesn’t really make much difference to the overall toughness, because it still has the same thin overall carcass; it’s basically made a bit that was already OK a bit tougher, while not fixing the bit that was weakest). Good for a front imo unless you’re hard on tyres.

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, thought this was gonna be the older older ones before Addix. Best tyres I ever used.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Thank you OP, my tyre mountain will soon be visible from space

kneebiscuit

@DezB. I’ve a pair of the old old supergravity Mary’s in 27.5 flavour you can have for the cost of postage if you want. Plenty of life in them still.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.