Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PSA – nice G shock, £75, for the skinny wristed amongst us…
  • DrP

You know the score – you want a G-shock like the bigger boys, but your skinny pencil wrist makes it look like you’ve big ben* on your wrist… and a baby-G is, well, for teh laydeez…

Not any more: This G shock fits really nicely on ‘aero wrists’, and is reduced to £75

Might be of use for some!!

DrP

*I know I know..it’s the bell….

julians
    Free Member

blimey, I’m sure I only paid £30 for one of those a few years ago.

chomp
    Free Member

I clicked with interest only to find that it’s almost identical to the one I’ve got on at the moment.

Bit bored of the (not very) fancy citizen watch I wear with suit for client visits/meetings etc and g-shock like the above. Find it tough to justify another watch though when these both do their respective jobs with no bother.

Also got a Garmin vivosmart HR thingy that I wear when I remember and am (rarely) doing something fitness related so I can’t convince myself to shell out any more than £75 – £100 just for a change of wrist scenery

Mister-P
    Free Member

I prefer my Illuminator at less than a quarter of the price

kilo

Snap with Chump, Casio dw290. Very similar to the op watch but not solar. Quite tempted as I’ve been looking for another one for ages as the Casio is a good bit of kit and not as overly macho / tactical as the big g shocks. But I’ve put a deposit down on a Magrette watch which was highlighted in a thread a few weeks ago so cant really justify it.

fasthaggis

blimey, I’m sure I only paid £30 £25 for one of those a few years ago.

DrP

Whaddya know..things go up in price!!

Mister P – glad you prefer your round white illuminator, over the square black one I suggested… 🙄 😐

Anyway, though it’d be helpful for some…take it or leave it!

DrP

julians
    Free Member

its more than doubled in price in less than 5 years… its out performed all my ‘investments’ by a considerable margin – who’d have thought casio g shocks would be such a good investment.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Are they fashionable again then? I thought you needed a Yellow one to be on fleek?

RustySpanner

They’ve been expensive for years, that’s the lowest I’ve seen them in a while.

If I wasn’t happy with my Fitbit thingy, I’d have one.

Still tempted, tbh.
    🙂

mark90
    Free Member

I prefer DW5600E as the face is less fussy and the date display matches the rest of the screen. I can live with replacing a battery now and again.

CountZero

Been wearing this one for a couple of months:

Bought it for my late step-dad, he obviously has no further use for it, and I like the clarity of the dial. Keeps bloody good time, it’s lost around five seconds in the last month, going on two months, I saw one in a Bath shop today for £17.99.
    I’ve done a mod so I’ve fitted an orange nylon ZULU strap, works a treat.

unovolo
    Free Member

Found one of them^on a beach in Cornwall a few years back with the face full of water.

Dried it out and cleaned it, popped a new battery in and its been working fine ever since, think my dads been wearing it for work for the last year.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PSA – nice G shock, £75, for the skinny wristed amongst us…’ is closed to new replies.