• This topic has 123 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by hols2.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 124 total)
  • PSA – new Watchmen series on Sky Atlantic tonight!
  • DezB
    Free Member

Monday

shermer75
    Free Member

Thanks! Not long to wait now!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

If you haven’t read the graphic novel then a quick watch of one of the YouTube Easter egg/reviews will help. I’ve read it a few times and these were still helpful.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Apprehensive about this, the film was about 90 minutes too long and the usual Snyder nonsense that could have been condensed into a music video. Wasn’t a fan but if it’s a step away from that I’d give it a go.

shermer75
    Free Member

So far it has been, very much, a step away

tinribz
    Free Member

I heard the orginal Watchman writer totally washed his hands of it. And it’s all SJWs whiteman bad propaganda.

CountZero

I heard the orginal Watchman writer totally washed his hands of it.

You clearly don’t know much about Alan Moore, he hates every interpretation of anything he’s ever written, irrespective of the quality!
    Not entirely sure what you mean by the last bit of your post, unless you’re a Trump-supporting white supremacist who views any alternative view as leftist commie propaganda…
    The events in Tulsa in the first episode actually happened, that’s fact, not fiction.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Well that was rather good.

hols2
    Free Member

I enjoyed Ep 2.

CountZero

Here’s a Watchmen 101 to help with a bit of background to characters and events:
    https://www.cnet.com/news/watchmen-hbo-101-guide-to-the-comics-behind-the-series/
    Oh, and some more to add to tonight’s episode:
    https://www.inverse.com/article/60497-watchmen-episode-2-easter-eggs-nazi-letter-history

codybrennan
    Free Member

Episode 3 is very good. Things are starting to come together. Very interesting new character emerges.

Is Veidt in some kind of simulation?

darthpunk
    Free Member

Is Veidt in some kind of simulation?

I reckon he’s on Mars, trapped inside a construct of Dr Manhattans, hence the small “mistakes” – Episode 3 has convinced me to stick with it. The Watchmen naysayers will say that it’s an afront to the book and what moore had in mind, but at least they’ve kept it squidy

perchypanther
    Free Member

I reckon he’s on Mars, trapped inside a construct of Dr Manhattans,

Yep,   Reckon that  Dr Manhattan is  “The Game Warden”

drlex
    Free Member

I’ll third that view, although Jeremy Irons’ accent slightly troubles me. It seems to echo that of Reversal of Fortune, and I am almost expecting him to say “that was the year Sunny drank too much eggnog”.
    The contents of Laurie Blake’s attaché case was a little surprising.

darthpunk
    Free Member

I thought it was more like when he was Simon Gruber in Die Hard 3 trying to do an American accent

The building he’s in seems significant, the kid was building it in episode two:

I thought the GameWarden might be Manhattan, but then Manhattan wouldn’t care whether Veidt was killing Buffalo, also, the Black Freighter pirate flag will probably be significant somehow I presume……..ok, it must be good if it’s keeping me thinking about it, Eastenders doesn’t do this

ta11pau1

So. Many. Questions.

And that lake. WTAF!

drlex
    Free Member

Half remembering the comic, sorry graphic novel, I wonder if Lady Trieu is half sister to Agent Blake? If she bought Veidt’s company, she may turn out to be his warder.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’m guessing that Trieu is the one holding Veidt due to the cloning and business takeover, I also think that her daughter is a clone of herself due to Will’s reply, and he seemed pretty spritely and gave the impression they’d known each other a long time. Really digging the series so far.

johnners
    Free Member

I was very unimpressed with the first couple of episodes but (unusually for me) stuck with it and I’m certainly warming to it now though I don’t really know what’s going on. I expect to be loving it just as it ends.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Wondering if Veidt  is in an alternate dimension and  what he perceives to be his cloned servants are actually alien squid.

He fires them out of  his dimension in his catapult and they rain down on earth in ours.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

And that lake. WTAF!

Which lake?

Has anyone found a good episode review/Easter eggs/theories site yet? Feels like theres a lot to overlook on this.

ta11pau1

Which lake?

In the last episode, the lake full of clone fetus babies…

On a breakdown video I watched they think veidt’s timeline is one year per episode, the anniversary cakes have the same candles as the episode number, so he’s now 4 years in of being incarcerated.

In the next episode trailer they also allure to multiple dimensions, looking glass mentions this when he talks about the squid.

Great. Multiple dimensions, multiple timelines, this is getting like westworld but more complicated!

drlex
    Free Member

In addition to all the Media/Culture/Fan sites, there’s also the HBO Peteypedia – http://www.hbo.com/peteypedia – which has episodic updates.

shermer75
    Free Member

Ep 3 was amazing, really enjoying the Laurie Blake character..

shermer75
    Free Member

Useful if you haven’t read the comic (I haven’t):

DezB
    Free Member

Bloody stinking arseface country & western earworm! Islands in the damn stream!
    The Deadpool influence is strong.

hols2
    Free Member

Wondering if Veidt is in an alternate dimension and what he perceives to be his cloned servants are actually alien squid.

He fires them out of his dimension in his catapult and they rain down on earth in ours.

Mmm, I was wondering where the corpses would end up. This theory would be far from the strangest thing on the show.

Bloody stinking arseface country & western earworm! Islands in the damn stream!

Yep. Goddamn it. How do you make it stop?

PrinceJohn

I’m wondering if Veidt’s on Mars – & that meteor was him escaping.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Veidt is actually inside Lady Trieu’s giant clock.
    Will is actually Dr Manhatten.
    Red Mist is actually a pro wrestler.
    Wade is actually the boss of the 7th cavalry.
    I actually have no idea what is going on in this series.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Anyone still watching? Really really enjoying this, the week to week drip feed is much better than bingeing.

drlex
    Free Member

Yes – looking forward to watching the latest episode tonight. I liked last week’s adaptation of Hooded Justice’s origin to suit this story. Regina King’s acting reminds me how much I miss SouthLAnd.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Anyone still watching?

Yeah, I think it’s excellent. And I too watch it week-by-week and not binge it .. I like the anticipation..

DezB
    Free Member

As above. Loving it.

plus-one

Yes it’s excellent

codybrennan
    Free Member

‘mrmonkfinger
    Will is actually Dr Manhatten.’

🙂

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

That was good, total left field with the Elephant and the Life on Mars at the end, beautiful.

hols2
    Free Member

That was an excellent episode. The elephant was a big WTF!

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m really enjoying it, sucks there’s only a couple of episodes left though (and may not be a second series) 🙁

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Elephants never forget, doesn’t everyone know that?

The mega clock opens a portal and turns the entire 7th Kavalry into Mini-Manhattans?
    Or is it waking up Daddy Manhattan in order for him to stop the portal plot?

I dunno, still confused.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘PSA – new Watchmen series on Sky Atlantic tonight!’ is closed to new replies.