• This topic has 123 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by hols2.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)
  • PSA – new Watchmen series on Sky Atlantic tonight!
  • CountZero

Set thirty-odd years after the original comic/film events, apparently closer in tone to the comics than the film, which I did enjoy.
    https://youtu.be/-33JCGEGzwU

Drac

Ah! I cancelled my Now TV.

Oh well.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Ah! I cancelled my Now TV.

That partially answers the age old question?

I , for one, will be watching the watchmen.

DezB
    Free Member

I noticed it was downloadable on Sky this morning.. was tempted, but I don’t want to binge! One a week, thank you… 🙂
    I like the film anyway, so this will be even bettah.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I noticed it was downloadable on Sky this morning.. was tempted, but I don’t want to binge!

Just the first episode though , right?

Not the whole season?

Edit: just checked the app on my phone and it’s one a week after they’ve been aired in the US. So, no binging allowed.

drlex
    Free Member

PP; very good!

Thanks CZ for the OP. As I’ve not seen it mentioned, Rick & Morty season 4 returns next month.

DezB
    Free Member

Not the whole season?

I’ve found, with other series I’ve downloaded on Sky – soon as you finish one episode it starts downloading the next. (Broadband is at a premium in my house). I presumed it would be like that.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I presumed it would be like that.

It appears not.

It’s one a week  on Monday Morning after it’s aired in the US on the Sunday night in a Game of Thrones stylee

schrickvr6
    Free Member

From some of the main people that were behind The Leftovers so I have very high hopes for this. Who watches the Watchmen? I do when I get my work out of the way.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Looking forward to this too. Initial reviews seem promising.

DezB
    Free Member

It appears not.

Cool. Cos I’ve had things where I watch an ep on Sky, then one on Download I get 2 lots of it, the follow on download and the series link recording. It’s veh confusing for a old geez.

jimdubleyou

Watched ep.1 on NowTV today, was engaging enough as a “non-fan”.

ep2. is not available yet so looks like a weekly thing.

funkmasterp

Interested, but I’ll wait until it’s all out and then binge a few at once. One per week just seems like a dated concept to me nowadays.

shermer75
    Free Member

Nice work. Looking forward to this!

drlex
    Free Member

Enjoyed that, and it had some good call-backs to the original source material. Looking forward to ep.2 and glad it wasn’t released in one tranche, as otherwise would be seriously tired tomorrow.

DezB
    Free Member

One per week just seems like a dated concept to me nowadays.

I am a dated concept.
    Good stuff that. ‘Citin

CountZero

Just finished watching it, I delayed starting watching the recording so’s I could ffwd through the adverts. Looking really good, as drlex says the references to the origin material keep your attention on it, in case something gets missed.
    Hope that wasn’t the end of Archie, and Don Johnson’s tenure was pretty brief!

ta11pau1

Very strong start, I loved the movie – obviously the movie ending was different to the comics which you should know before watching this, otherwise… Squids? Lol

Loved the little touches, the nite owl mug, ‘Unforgettable’ playing in the background. Episode 2 please!

hols2
    Free Member

Just watched Ep 1. Bit confused about some things, but looks good so far, I assume the mysteries will be cleared up later (Jeremy Irons, for example).

plus-one

Excellent watch 🙂

drlex
    Free Member

Non-spoiling review on Rolling Stone here.

FuzzyWuzzy

Did I just miss it or is there no UHD option? If the latter then ffs why not!

perchypanther
    Free Member

(Jeremy Irons, for example).

My money is on him being Ozymandias, despite the newspaper headline proclaiming him to be dead.

hols2
    Free Member

My money is on him being Ozymandias

Which doesn’t mean anything to someone who hasn’t read the comics. Also, the raining squid thing.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Which doesn’t mean anything to someone who hasn’t read the comics. Also, the raining squid thing.

I thought that, on the whole, it could have used a bit more exposition to explain what the hell was going on. I was scratching my head at parts and i’ve read the comics and watched the squid-free movie three days ago.

It must have been verging on the incomprehensible for someone going in cold.

hols2
    Free Member

It must have been verging on the incomprehensible for someone going in cold.

It looked awesome though. Actually, less confusing than Doom Patrol, no idea what that was about despite watching it from start to finish.

CountZero

Being set thirty years after the original comics, there are bound to be parts that are confusing, but I guess the writers felt that most people watching would have a reasonable grasp of the original material, exposition would only add unnecessary’bulk’, better to let the story unfold as it would in a book, or comic, in the same way the original did, and that was monthly, not weekly!
    Some might be interested in the soundtrack, which is by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross; it’s being released on vinyl, in a series with different artwork, to follow the flow of the series. There will be a digital download, but no other physical release than vinyl.
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/watchmens-incredible-soundtrack-is-coming-first-to-viny-1839237242

nickc

Shouldn’t this thread be part of Flashy’s “Stop remaking every movie you festering, etc etc”

Yes I know it’s a sequel, it’s still toss.

hols2
    Free Member

it’s still toss.

Don’t care, it’s visually awesome, plus it has an excellent soundtrack.

DezB
    Free Member

it’s still toss.

It’s no Strictly.

Ro5ey
    Free Member
    simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Big thumbs up from me. The shot for shot Snyder film looked great but didn’t work so well as a film. This has real potential.

The NYT REVIEW hits the mark

CountZero

Here’s a bit more background to the use of technology in the Watchmen universe, and squids.

Why the World of WATCHMEN Rejected Technology

It’s still toss

In what way, and, have you actually watched it? Or is that comment based on nothing but a dislike of genre tv/film in general?

shermer75
    Free Member

That was amazing.

I haven’t read the comics so a lot of it was a mystery to me also, but I love that. Very much sick of really obvious tv, so a show that asks a lot of questions is very welcome in my book

sas78

Man. Wish I had access to Sky Atlantic! That looks amazing! Love the vinyl only soundtrack too. Brilliant.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Never read the comics, but hey… some of you like it so I’m watching it.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Well the first episode was rather good.  Definitely be watching the next.

johnners
    Free Member

Well, I’m a bit underwhelmed so far, I must have been watching a different program to most of you. Still, Silicon Valley starts S6 on Monday so there’s that to look forward to.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I kinda liked it in the end. But why did Don have to die so early? Thats probably the strangest incident in it… innit.

Anyway, I too will wait a week for the next episode. I don’t do binging me.

shermer75
    Free Member

So what day does this come out then? I need to see the next one lol

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘PSA – new Watchmen series on Sky Atlantic tonight!’ is closed to new replies.