• This topic has 36 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by hora.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • PSA: new Red Dwarf at 9:00 on Dave
  • nukeproof
    Free Member

…Back to Earth – Part One.

Shame I can’t get Dave where I am 🙁

djglover
    Free Member

I’d rather watch Dave Lee Travis play MacBeth

nukeproof
    Free Member

I’d rather watch Dave Lee Travis play MacBeth

Yes, well, who wouldn’t? The Hairy Cornflake certainly does exude stage presence.

rOcKeTdOg

no Dave here either, but as they say “never go back”

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Well I enjoyed it.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

it wasnt as bad as i was expecting , and the new bit of totty is very fine !!

wildrnes
    Free Member

we lasted 5 minutes

dross

miketually
    Free Member

I liked it, though they’re having to cram a lot into three episodes, so it’s going to feel a bit contrived.

anagallis_arvensis

it was shite I thought…..

xherbivorex
    Free Member

“watched” the first one. well, began to ignore it after 10 mins or so as it was as awful as the trailers suggested…
    the “new totty” was big suze off peep show, and yes. very fine.

GhostRider
    Free Member

I thought it was OK, still maintains the original story line and concepts, but Cat’s getting old. The joke with the iron and spit was spot on.

Would anyone like some toast ??

kimbers

id like a nice muffin

i thought it was ok, will pass judgement when ive seen all 3

they all look old apart from kryten
    and wheres holly?

dr_adams
    Free Member

should have stopped at series 6!!!

miketually
    Free Member

wheres holly?

Holly is offline due to water damage.

Harry_the_Spider

I liked it.

I also liked the way there was no canned laughter. M*A*S*H was the same, the canned laughter ruined it.

andywhit
    Free Member

Part 2 tonight

SITCOM: Red Dwarf
    On: Dave (19)
    Date: Saturday 11th April 2009 (starting this evening)
    Time: 21:00 to 21:35 (35 minutes long)

Back to Earth (Part 2 of 3). Special Episode 2.
    Katerina guides Lister back to his home planet, but Earth in 2009 is not everything the crew of Red Dwarf expected.
    (5 Star)

Starring: Chris Barrie, Craig Charles, Danny John-Jules, Robert Llewellyn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Followed by

SITCOM: Red Dwarf
    On: Dave (19)
    Date: Saturday 11th April 2009 (starting this evening)
    Time: 21:35 to 22:15 (40 minutes long)

The Smeg Ups.
    Patrick Stewart introduces a laugh-out-loud Red Dwarf special featuring the funniest outtakes from seven series of the spaceship comedy.
    (New, Subtitles, Audio Described, 5 Star)

Starring: Chris Barrie, Craig Charles, Danny John-Jules

footflaps

For those that missed it, you can download the Torrent here.

deft
    Free Member

Wasn’t too bad, the old episodes were never a scream a minute either

Drac

If you did miss it count your blessings, it was truly awful I didn’t build my hopes up but they disappointed big time.

psychle
    Free Member

I also liked the way there was no canned laughter

I missed the canned laughter… I reckon it’s an essential part of the Red Dwarf formula. That said, I thought the episode was OK, a couple of good laughs (enjoyed Rimmers little dance number while the guys were under attack by the squid thingo) but I’ll reserve my final opinion till the end of the ‘series’ 😀

Mark

There was never any canned laughter. There was live studio audience reaction laughter as most of the old episodes were filmed in front of a live audience in proper sitcom style. Post production and special effects scenes were screened in sequence in the same studio and the audience reactions recorded. Canned laughter is different. That’s just a bloke sat with a sample of laughter that he plays after every gag 🙂

I thought it was good. The lack of laughter was an issue for a few minutes but only because it was a different approach. The special effects were of the usual poor standard of the old episodes, which was good 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

sorry… I knew it was a live audience, just always refer to that laughter as canned 😳 I missed it in this new stylee, seemed weird to me!

grumm
    Free Member

Thanks for the torrent. I too missed the laughter – don’t think the gags are strong enough to work that well without it.

Seems like they tried too hard to make it look like a proper sci-fi film instead of being cheap and cheerful like the old one. They all looked pretty fat and old too.

Will give the next one a go, but I am not expecting too much really.

rob1984p
    Free Member

‘they all looked pretty fat and old’ really? after a cold winter with little riding and lots of pies i wish could pull off that purple suit as well as the cat. I enjoyed it as did all the people that I was with, I have never been a super geeky fan of Red Dwarf but always enjoyed it.

Moe

I enjoyed it, but from all the posts on here it seems it’s a bit like Marmite! At the end of the day though it is ‘light entertainment’ and in that context is it worth getting too worked up over?

Drac

Can’t see anyone getting worked up.

molgrips
    Free Member

Was it better than series 7 or 8? They were cack.

Guilliano
    Free Member

I’m still not sure. I loved the first 6 series, 7 and 8 were poor. From what I’ve seen so far the 2nd episode is a load of dross

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Lister looks like Ken Dodd for some reason??

I’m not sure about this Back To Earth one. It was ok, i laughed a few times, but seems a bit slow going. Looks like its been aimed at “The Fans” or something. i get the impression it *could* be good though, if they just went back to 4 blokes stuck on a spaceship in the middle of nowhere with rubbish special effects.

mboy
    Free Member

I’m a Big Big Big Red Dwarf fan and have been for 15 years or so now. Last nights new episode was quite simply cack!

[comicbook guy off the simpsons voice]”Worst episode ever”[/comicbook guy off the simpsons voice]

Honestly, some of the first series episodes took a while to get anywhere, but they had a few funny moments. Last night’s episode could have sent me to sleep! Not even any stupid silly gags to keep you going whilst waiting for the storyline to take shape! RUBBISH!

rob1984p
    Free Member

Having seen this evenings one I retract my earlier comment, watching this evenings could be the most disappointing half hour of your year.

soobalias
    Free Member

the first one seemed ok, the cgi had been done nicely in keeping with the originals – ie it all looked tacky, just now its not real tacky its cgi.

the smiles were still there – if you expected to be rolling on the floor you would have been disappointed with the whole series, i never saw it that way.

tonights was great – less slapstick more mental stuff.

bring on tomorrow.

Guilliano
    Free Member

It all has the feel of a big advert for the box set to be honest…. nothing more than that.

rOcKeTdOg

1st one i enjoyed, 2nd one i found tedious apart from the ginger kid on the bus

“tell rimmer to smeg off”

Drac

Soobalias is clearly a fan boy.

finbar
    Free Member

I thought the first episode was cack, but last night’s was much better. The references to series 9 were v. entertaining, and Lister’s understanding of 21st century toilets warranted a proper fit of the giggles.

hora
    Free Member

I didnt realise it was a live audience before. Wow.

The new episodes fall flat IMO. Kinda boring and also kinda painful to watch. It was like a old Rockstars retirement benefit concert. Over on the other Dave I watched an old RD episode and the contrast couldnt be more apart..

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘PSA: new Red Dwarf at 9:00 on Dave’ is closed to new replies.