PSA: Muc-off BOGOF

Home Forum Bike Forum PSA: Muc-off BOGOF

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • PSA: Muc-off BOGOF
  • carlos

Fenwicks Fs-1 Concentrate @ £9.99 still gets my vote. Diluted you get 10 ltrs of cleaner, and at £1 ltr you can’t go wrong .

Carl

Fenwicks Fs-1 Concentrate @ £9.99 still gets my vote

+1 Muc off is good stuff but you pay for the fancy branding, when you use lots of it you soon find out what stuffs as good but for far less money

Premier Icon stevied
    Subscriber

I don’t use M-O, I get free de-greaser from work (which smells exactly the same as M-O). I just thought it was a good PSA for those that do use it.. 🙂

bland
    bland
    greeble

if you want to dis colour the anodising/ fork stansions muc off is the one to get

carlos

I don’t use M-O, I get free de-greaser from work (which smells exactly the same as M-O). I just thought it was a good PSA for those that do use it..

Fair enough, it is a good shout for those that use it.

Free from work eh? Could be a sideline there 😉

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

I never got my free sample of the original Muc Off that I applied for.

On the basis of reverse marketing therefore they’ve lost my business, as I bought some Fenwicks.

patriotpro

Muc-off is the best i’ve used but way overpriced.

I use Turtlewax car-shampoo, s’about £2 A Litre and only use about half as much as I would Muc-off.

Premier Icon Davesport
    Subscriber

Anyone on here actually know what the ingredients are in Muc off / Fenwicks. Is it simply dilute TFR ? I’ve been using the Fenwicks concentrate. Works out at a quid a litre unless SWMBO decides to clean her bike with the concentrate 😯

nealglover

Muc-Off might not just be TFR, I’ve no idea what goes into it.
    But TFR does exactly the same job.

And as I have 1000 litres of it delivered at a time, that’s what I use 🙂

patriotpro

What’s TFR?

if you want to dis colour the anodising/ fork stansions muc off is the one to get

Never had a problem here – if it was eating anodising I certainly wouldn’t be washing it down drains… 😯

Premier Icon stevied
    Subscriber

traffic film remover..

hainman

Anyone use the stuff from the poundshop??looks the same as muck-off in the same trigger bottle…

Premier Icon stevied
    Subscriber

Anyone use the stuff from the poundshop??looks the same as muck-off in the same trigger bottle…

How much is it?

patriotpro

cheers stevied, never heard of it, is it good value?

bigbadbob

+1 Kryton57 I never received mine either. Never going to use them. They have my details and probably sold them on, as companies do. And I have nothing. I just use water and TLC on my bike.

nealglover

250l for £14..

Not really, not for bike cleaning anyway.

You can dilute it (up to) 50:1 ratio, but that would only be effective when put through a hot water pressure washer, and even then, at 50:1 it would still be a bit crap.

More realistic would be something like 25:1 through a hot water pressure washer.

And to use in a trigger spray would be more like 5:1 to get any use out of it.

Also I pay a Lot more than that for mine (and I buy in bulk) so don’t expect miracles if you get the cheapest stuff you can find.
    And try to find one that’s not too Caustic, a lot of them are designed for washing trucks etc. so not ideal for bikes with delicate paintwork and anodising etc.

Basically I suppose that’s what you are paying for when you buy Muc-Off, peace of mind that you are not putting some random chemical on your bike that might eat it.

hainman

haha stevied the old ones are the best….

For a quid a bottle i suppose it wont be top stuff but still do a job..

Premier Icon jkomo
    Subscriber

I was talking to an old school wheel builder who told me never to use a degreaser, or chain cleaner, as it gets into the bearings eventually.
    He said car shampoo and sponge.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Muc-off BOGOF’ is closed to new replies.