Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • PSA Moon ADJ 950 Halfords for £45
  • winston
    Free Member

Just noticed these on offer at Halfords. I have one and they are really well made and a proper 1000L, not a made up figure. With 2 adjustable beams they also work better than a single blast of light. Also, you don’t have to cycle through the flashing modes to reduce the beam intensity. Comes with wired remote.

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-lights/bike-lights/moon-adj950-front-bike-light

At that price I reckon they are a steal

wombat

I bought a set of these on the back of this PSA and am very impressed.

Well made, good clamp, plenty bright enough and the individually adjustable height of the 2 light barrels means that you can fine tune the lighting.

IMO these would be decent value at full price but for £46 they’re an absolute bargain..

mechanicaldope

Also picked up a set to use as a helmet light. Very impressed. Plenty bright enough so left in medium for most of the ride. Overdrive and high are massively bright. Bargain.

FB-ATB

I’ve been toying with a helmet light and this looks like an ideal price to tempt me. What’s the weight like on your head compared to other lights. Does the battery go in a back pack- the cable looks quite short in the picture.

winston
    Free Member

weight of light is 100g according to blurb and certainly they are much lighter than my all in one Lezyne powerdrive I used to use.

There is a helmet mount and extension power lead in the case for helmet mounting

FB-ATB

Winston -thanks for the info. Looks like I’ll be going shopping.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Do British Cycling codes work on top?

patagonian
    Free Member

Just collected mine (once Halfords managed to find it) and it appears to be a quality piece of kit, output seems pretty good too.

drewd

Are these decent enough to use as a bar light?

I’ve got a Moon Meteor Vortex Pro already which is nice and bright, but only a single lamp and has quite a narrow beam pattern. I’m tempted to get one of these for the bars and use the Vortex Pro as a helmet light.

Also, what’s the beam pattern like for road use? My local trails are a few miles away by unlit country roads and it would be nice to have lights good enough to see by that also won’t dazzle oncoming traffic. Does the adjustability this unit has cope with that? Or am I expecting too much?

dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Hi do these mount on the stem so one either side ? Also is it a GoPro type mount for helmet ?

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Thanks Winston for the tip, just picked mine up, great new helmet light for my son!

dazzzzbo
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered one click and collect. Before a I pick it up on Friday can anyone tell me how the brightness compares to the magishine copies as I have about 5 of them and won’t be much point in getting it if it isn’t any better.
    Cheers.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

About the same as a single magicshine but for me a better spread of light ie not just a spot

Rickos
    Free Member

How do you mount battery to the helmet or does that trail into backpack/pocket? Wondering if 244g (light + battery) is too heavy all on the head anyway. I currently put battery pack in my bumbag and trail the cable up my back and over the helmet, but would prefer an all in one unit like a Joystick type, but much cheaper!

wombat

@Rickos, I;ve not mounted mine on my helmet but I did with an old Hope Vision 2. I just cable tied the battery to the vents at the back of the helmet.

The weight wasn’t much of an issue after a ride or 2 as i just got used to it.

I did need to secure the cable to the top of the helmet with a couple of velcro straps to stop it rattling though.

DaveT
    Free Member

For thise asking, BC code on top worked for me. Mounting is to the side of the stem.

pacerc200
    Free Member

Just picked mine up, what battery have you guys got in your kit?
    Picture shows Xp-bs-s2 the usb with power level indicator but info states xp-bs-ss2 with fixed lead and no power indicator, I’ve got the later.

patagonian
    Free Member

Xp-bs-ss2 in mine too. I’ve attached it to the back of the helmet so not worried about the indicator.

Northwind

GOod deal that, these are like super-Ayups

nicknameless
    Free Member

Not really answered above – is the cable long enough to put the battery in a back pack when used as a helmet light?

winston
    Free Member

yep – answered above.

“There is a helmet mount and extension power lead in the case for helmet mounting”

martinhutch

Mine’s an SS2 as well. Seems like a very high quality product, even has a dinky little remote you can put on your helmet brim to turn on and off – excellent PSA, thanks.

winston
    Free Member

Out of stock. I reckon Singletrack cleaned them out!

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Plenty of length for light on helmet and battery in backpack

FB-ATB

Just been out to set up the helmet light for a ride Monday. I intended to run the extension to the battery in my backpack. For speed, while I had a quick pootle to see what it was like I strapped the battery to my helmet (!!) and it didn’t seem too heavy. Might be different after a hr or 2.
    Sad to see they’re sold out, I was tempted to get a second!

sharkattack

Now £45.99 on Amazon and showing one left in stock.

I was going to grab it but I’m being honest with myself about how often I actually get out in the dark, so someone else can have it.

cogwomble
    Free Member

Thanks for the PSA.

Got one myself, very happy with it.

dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Hi just picked mine up tonight and it seems excellent. Only thing is mine doesn’t have lights on the battery like in the pic on Halfords web site should it have ?

mechanicaldope

Nope. No indicator lights. Bit of a shame but nevermind.

dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Cheers mate. I probs wouldn’t use em but the one with the lights is a higher capacity just making sure I wasnt short changed 👍🏻 Wished I bought 2 now though. I didn’t realise they were this small would have got another for helmet. Seem to work with the magishine copy battery’s I have aswell.

mechanicaldope

Seem to work with the magishine copy battery’s I have aswell.

That’s useful to know. Was wondering if it was a standard connector.

dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Tried my light tonight and it’s excellent. I really regret not buying 2 now :(.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘PSA Moon ADJ 950 Halfords for £45’ is closed to new replies.