• This topic has 22 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by atlaz.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • PSA: Monkey Island
  • Cougar

All four Monkey Island games, including the remastered first two, for twelve quid?  Rude not to.

https://www.gog.com/promo/20180619_launch_promo_escape_from_monkey_island

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Cool.

I’ve still got a boxed copy of Monkey Island 2 complete with 3.5″ floppy disks!

Drac

Great games.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Top PSA

Cougar

I’ve still got a boxed copy of Monkey Island 2 complete with 3.5″ floppy disks!

I’ve got 3 and 4 on CD, with discs missing from both as I did swapsies with a mate years ago and never reunited them all back together again.

Pook

currently mid treasure huntery on the Secret of Monkey Island on android scumm. Classic games.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Must! The Steam versions I bought won’t work without some sort of emulator.

dannybgoode

This is probably some kind of heresy but I have never played the Monkey Island series. Now I will :). Nice PSA- cheers

funkmasterp

Great PSA and brilliant games.

Pook

Danny, you’ve got to keep us updated on progress

Cougar

This is probably some kind of heresy but I have never played the Monkey Island series. Now I will

If it’s any consolation, the first game is an utter sod and the second more so.

They’re both stone cold classics though.  Just don’t expect an easy ride.

jeffl

I’ve got 1-3 on a cd somewhere. With the first I’m pretty sure I could play it through in a couple of hours even though I’ve not played it for something like 26 years!

Cougar

You should test that theory.  I thought the same…!

atlaz
    Free Member

Damnit… they also have planescape torment. I LOVED that game. Very tempted.

Cougar

They also have the remastered Day of the Tentacle, which is one of the greatest games ever.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Monkey Island – first played that over 20 years ago – bought it again about 8 years ago, couldn’t really remember it, so didn’t get very far!  I may have to fish my cds out and see which one I’ve got.

Cougar

If it’s on CDs it’ll be the third or fourth one (3 and 4 discs respectively IIRC).  The first two came on floppy disks.

perchypanther
    Free Member

They also have the remastered Day of the Tentacle, which is one of the greatest games ever.

Also available on iOS in the app store

weeksy

Oooooof. I’ve just bought some X-com (UFO) games. Currently installing Terror From the Deep…. Hard game that one.

eskay

I am still stuck on MI2, played it and completed it when it first came out but am now stumped. I played it a few weeks ago and made some progress but I am at a standstill again!! I don’t want any pointers though.

Pook

ah go on

Cougar

I am still stuck on MI2

I replayed the remasters a little while ago.  I was struck by how difficult MI2 was, far harder than I remembered.

atlaz
    Free Member

As an aside, Shadowrun Returns is available free on Humble Bundle. Worth playing if you like RPGs

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Monkey Island’ is closed to new replies.