Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • PSA – Mira Digital shower.
  • dantsw13

If you are looking to replace a bathroom in the future, and contemplating a digital shower, I’ve just fitted a Mira Mode shower and bath filler combo and love it. It has a remote button able to be fitted up to 10m from the shower, and you can turn it on remotely from the mobile phone app.

Having been monitoring online prices for about 6 months, an amazing deal has just popped up onLine at Wolseley plumbers merchants. I’m replacing an old shower room after xmas and just picked one up for £238 delivered (next day free!). The next best price I’ve seen online is £344 incl delivery, so over £100 less.

DezB
    Free Member

you can turn it on remotely from the mobile phone app.

Take 2 remotes into the shower..?

Uh, I cannot for the life of me fathom the usefulness of this feature..

perchypanther
    Free Member

and you can turn it on remotely from the mobile phone app.

….and that, kids, is how our civilisation began it’s inevitable death spiral towards ultimate destruction.

wwaswas

Next week:

“Someone hacked my shower and now I get both frostbitten and scalded every time I try and use it”

perchypanther
    Free Member

I cannot for the life of me fathom the usefulness of this feature..

It’s so your kids can make your humiliation complete.

dantsw13

You can put the remote button where the hell you want to turn it on (permanent button, not a unit to carry)

In my bathroom, it means I can turn on the shower without being under it. Bath fills to whatever preset level/temp you tell it.

Digital shower/bathfill combo was same price as decent mixer shower & bath Taps.

johnx2
    Free Member

In our old house my wife used to be able to control the temperature of the shower by turning on taps elsewhere in the house – “kids – do you want to hear dad scream in the shower?” whilst turning on hot tap… Apps nein danka. (Though Mira do make very fine showers.)

DezB
    Free Member

In my bathroom, it means I can turn on the shower without being under it.

Mine too – I have a Mira remote.

I meant the phone app!

dantsw13

You don’t have to use the App – digital temp balancing/flow control worth it alone, and the remote on/off button is really useful.

dantsw13

Anyhow – take it or leave it – it’s an exceptionally good price.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m not disagreeing – I just want to know what the phone app’s for! 😆

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Uh, I cannot for the life of me fathom the usefulness of this feature..

Absolutely this, what utter horseshit.

scuttler

Don’t you fly planes for a living? I’d have thought that would put you towards the analogue/practical end of the spectrum over the pointless/’smart’/baubles end where an i-shower lives (features trump good design and diligence in many of these smart home systems). Still – if yer happy yer happy.

cinnamon_girl

Seriously? Whatever next! Be warned, it can lead to this, a little 4 minute amusing vid entitled Uninvited Guests:

UNINVITED GUESTS

legend
    Free Member

dantsw13

Anyhow – take it or leave it – it’s an exceptionally good price.

It’s bizarre that they’ve had to reduce them – almost like they weren’t flying off the shelves

dantsw13

Scuttler – you haven’t seen many modern jets if you think a digital shower is dark wizardry🙄

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s bizarre that they’ve had to reduce them – almost like they weren’t flying off the shelves

They’re just trying the price reduction to see if it works.

Pilot scheme innit.

rene59
    Free Member

I will be looking for a new shower early next year so will take a look. If it can be controlled from Alexa that would be a bonus!

DezB
    Free Member

“Alexa, wash my bumole”

trail_rat
    Free Member

can you control a modern jet from an app on your phone?

dantsw13

Not far from it TR. Apart from take off/(most)landing I hardly touch the flying controls, I communicate with the flight control computers via user interfaces.

zzjabzz
    Free Member

People with remote showers wondering why anyone would want a phone app to control their shower is the same as people with manual showers wondering why anyone would want a remote shower…

DezB
    Free Member

It’s really not if you give it any thought.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pilot scheme innit

ISWYDT

phiiiiil

We just bought one of these. We were expecting to pay “normal” prices for it, then Wolseley had it for much less so I ordered a rear fed one, then they didn’t have any, and by the time I ordered the ceiling fed one it had gone down even more! I half expected an email saying they weren’t going to honour it, or the order to just disappear into the night, but lo and behold it turned up yesterday.

The phone app talks to the shower by bluetooth only, so the Russians have to be in your house already. I’m not quite sure what it actually does. The remote button looks really handy, though.

DezB
    Free Member

What I will say about Mira is their warranty is fab. My remote fell on the floor once (the wall mount was broken, probably by me changing the batteries) and it went weird after. It was about 2 years old. I called Mira and they sent a man round, who just replaced it. Didn’t have to call the fitter/supplier or any of that nonsense.

Drac

In my bathroom, it means I can turn on the shower without being under it. Bath fills to whatever preset level/temp you tell it.

Me too I press the button while not standing under it.

I love smart tech but this one is pretty comical.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Do I need to also buy the bluetooth digital plug so the bath filler can work?

dantsw13
    thepurist

In my bathroom, it means I can turn on the shower without being under it.

I designed that problem out of my bathroom by not putting the shower controls in a place where you’d need to be stood under the shower to turn it on. No worries about the Russkies hacking my water temperature!

perchypanther
    Free Member

No worries about the Russkies hacking my water temperature!

The Lukewarm War?

Drac

The Iron Shower Curtain.

thepurist

I sometimes have a Cagey Pee in there.

petec
    Free Member

we moved to a couple of digital showers last year. Couldn’t for the life of me think why, but now they’re there, i realise the benefit.

press the button, shower warms up, then turns off so you can get in without flooding the floor, and press again, and the showers at the right temp.

it’s got to the stage when we go away, you press the button expecting it to go off after reaching temp, but it never does. After 5 minutes you realise.

Yes, i am very superficial and shallow

scuttler

Scuttler – you haven’t seen many modern jets if you think a digital shower is dark wizardry

I reckon a bit more thought goes into the requirements, functional specification and associated testing of a digital flight control component than your average internet-of-shit gadget that pervades our lives this Christmas. The levels of diligence for some of this crap go little beyond ‘ if it moves, make it move via your phone from the other side of the world via some ill thought it and insecure cloud service’ (my area of expertise – I’ll take my grumpy hat off again now).

https://twitter.com/internetofshit?lang=en

phiiiiil

press the button, shower warms up, then turns off so you can get in without flooding the floor, and press again, and the showers at the right temp.

Does this work with a combi boiler? I worried when I was looking at them that the pause would make the boiler stop and need to turn on again, so you would have a pulse of cold water a few seconds after getting in while the boiler fired up again…

dantsw13

Then luckily this digi shower isn’t connected to the internet, it’s Bluetooth only. The App is mainly used to setup the main controller, with the added ability to choose multiple presets for shower/bath temp/depth. Having this functionality on the App rather than shower controller keeps the main controller very simple and uncluttered.

footflaps

I solved this problem by mounting the HW cylinder 6″ behind the shower, total pipe run is less than a foot….

legend
    Free Member

so you can get in without flooding the floor

Never had this happen, is your shower pointed at the door?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I sat on a bog right next to one now.

I never knew it could be controlled by my phone, how do I do that?

It’s not registering on Bluetooth

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Mira Digital shower.’ is closed to new replies.