Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • PSA: Millets- 40% off everything, Blacks 33% off
  • vinnyeh

online and instore. Be quick..

bigthunder
    Free Member

Good shout – thanks!

soops
    Free Member

Cheers just bought some salomon shoes. 😀

Thanks for the info.
    If anyone’s after a mapping GPS, a Memory Map 3500 looks a good deal at 1/3 off.
    http://www.blacks.co.uk/walking/navigation-and-gps/product/11A317/MM-ADVNTURER-3500-GP-ASSORTED-0.html?attribute=14906232

zilog6128

It says right on the front page that the offer excludes GPS

Oh yes, so it does.

Diane
    Free Member

Cheers 🙂

Clobber
    Free Member

Soops… I can’t see any deals on the salomon shoes… can you point me in the right direction?

doof_doof
    Free Member

Go Outdoors will take 10% off Millets/Blacks prices 🙂

wwaswas

the sites take the discount off at the checkout – they show as normal price when put in your basket.

Clobber
    Free Member

Ah, thanks wwaswas

druidh
    Free Member

Fabby – just got myself a pair of boots I’d been after!

boblo
    Free Member

Ta, Mrs B’s xmas sorted 🙂

grahamt1980

Some stuff is on both sites, so make sure you go to the millets site and get it cheaper

chalkstorm
    Free Member

Thanks!

bruneep

never took 40% off trail shoes, got as far as add CC details 😕

wingnuts

Took it off for me! Thanks for the heads up.

clareymorris

6% quidco cashback too!!!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I gots £58 of stuff for £33

Get it up yers!

AlasdairMc

Just got a new fleece – great find!!

Why would any retailer do this other than cashflow issues? Last time Blacks went bad I got my sleeping bag half price – could this be more of the same?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I overheard staff saying they had some target to make and had expected bad weather (and hence good sales) but that hadn’t happened.

No neo airs tho, and I didn’t think to look online 😳

10pmix
    Free Member

Great if you’re a XXL or S….hmph.

nosemineb
    Free Member

There is a piece about Blacks who own Millets on BBC news.
    bbc news
    Got some salomons for 39 quid 😀

Jase
    Free Member

Got Sealskinz socks for £6.66 in the store last night.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂

New boots I’d been meaning to order on the way.

mcboo
    Free Member

FT reporting a profit/trading warning at Blacks and Millets…….get them while they are still there, market cap of…..£2.4mm

aracer
    Free Member

I overheard staff saying they had some target to make and had expected bad weather (and hence good sales) but that hadn’t happened.

I live next door to somebody high up in marketing at Blacks – apparently the hot/warm/mild autumn has done them no good at all – people not going into shops when it was hot, and all summer stuff replaced by winter stuff already which nobody wants yet. Their mid/long term weather forecasts were suggesting serious cold/snow by the end of November.

mcboo
    Free Member

FT article says the industry analysts always laugh when Blacks blame the weather, seems thats always their excuse.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I’d have thought that the fact no one really takes them seriously as an outdoor store anymore might have had a bigger impact on their sales!

The bottom end of the market must be pretty cramped in Scotland – you’ve got Blacks, Millets and Nevissport all competing for the same business, and now they’ve got Go Outdoors to contend with, as well as Decathlon, who’ve both adopted the ‘out of town superstore’ approach, rather than Blacks and Millets, who are saddled with lots of stores in city centres.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Anyone want to take a bet on whether they will still be there in one year? Or after xmas?

Some stores like Debenhams have such regular 20% off sales, that it is better to regard their non-sale weeks as “25% on”

druidh
    Free Member

Nevissport is “bottom end of the market” now?

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Druidh – the only one I’ve been in lately was in Aviemore, and it definitely has a ‘Millets’ feel to it in terms of what they stock and how it’s presented.

druidh
    Free Member

Ah – perhaps. I was thinking more Trespass, TOG24….

fivespot
    Free Member

Just got back from Chester Millets, got the last Memorymap Adventurer 3500 GPS rduced from £380 to £228, Leatherman Skeletool for £30 and a pair of Brasher boots for £65. Merry Xmas 😀

bigjim

There is a Cotswolds opening in Edinburgh, a North face outlet, and antother one I’ve forgotten opening soon too.

sc-xc

This is disgusting. Everyone should get 40% off at Millets, regardless of the colour of their skin.

bigjim

I got a camelbak mule for £46 in blacks which was ncie.

Jase
    Free Member

lol @ sc-xc

druidh
    Free Member

sc-xc – a looong time ago, I was at work and wanting to know the price of something at Blacks. I just thought it would be www(dot)blacks(dot)com.

It wasn’t

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i’m very pleased to have picked up some sealskinz socks and a trangia mini stove set, which i’ve been after for about 2 years 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Millets- 40% off everything, Blacks 33% off’ is closed to new replies.