Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • PSA: magicshine 872 for £69.99
  • kevin1911

Just seen that ebuyer are doing the magicshine 872 for just 69.99, less if you use quidco. Cheapest I’ve seen.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

cheers for that very tempted!

Northwind

Excellent PSA, had one of these for a while and they’re great wee lights. They have the MJ880 for £84 too which seems pretty good but I went for the 872.

bbb
    Free Member

Make sure it is for the light unit and battery. Some of these are light units only.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

bbb – I think you’re mistaken:

Battery – 4 x 18650 Li-ion batteries(8.4V 4.4AH)

However, as an 872 owner from almost 2 years back, the price isnt exactly WOW! Or maybe they’ve gone up seriously since then.

#Edit – should all in the spirit of pre bbb’s edit.

bbb
    Free Member

Cool – i know someone that bought one thinking they’d got a really good deal only to recieve a light unit only!

Great lights though.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Cool too. And yes – great lights. First winter in ages I haven’t wanted to buy better.

Northwind

couldashouldawoulda – Member

However, as an 872 owner from almost 2 years back, the price isnt exactly WOW! Or maybe they’ve gone up seriously since then.

£95-ish normally. Course, we don’t know exactly what we’ll get as far as batteries and chargers go, my DX-sourced one came with surprisingly nice kit, maybe these are more budget.

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

Are these lights better than the 1200 lumen ish “china import” lights? It’s just they look quite similar and the china ones are only 20 quid complete so wonder is the magic shine worth the extra££££?

Cheezpleez

MJ872 is a completely different and much better light than the £20 Chines eBay ones. If you’ve got the cash then I’d go for it

mattythemod
    Free Member

Quite look the look of the dula MJ 880 anyone got one here ?

smiff
    Free Member

hot! no pun intended.

http://www.ebuyer.com/364223-led-bike-light-mj872

didn’t know ebuyer did bike lights hmm.
    17 in stock.

as i’ve said before, 2 negatives for this light imho
    1) the strobing on dimmed modes, if your eyes are sensitive to it
    2) not much throw, very spread beam.

slowboydickie

I’ve got one of these and given the 1600 lumens it does not have much punch. It’s a wide beam and doesn’t project that far. Think strip lighting rather than spot. But at £69 pretty good value. The stock battery only lasts 1:55 for me.

slowboydickie

Duplicate.

smiff
    Free Member

buy a spare battery for about £25. and an extension lead so you can put pack in backpack.
    if it was a wee bit more focused it’d be perfect. on your head it’s very nice in singletrack, just needs a bit more throw for going fast.
    anyone do lenses for these?

Northwind

FWIW I did a night downhill race with mine and never thought it lacked range :mrgreen: The slight strobe can be annoying though on the low settings, especially if it’s wet.

smiff
    Free Member

yeah, raindrop disco.
    it’s only low range because it’s so bright up close, if that makes sense. needs a flip up hood to protect drivers’ eyes on roads. anyone make hoods or lenses? or i’ll have to rig something up.

mattythemod
    Free Member

Still plenty in stock but price has now increased to 90 quid …e buyer are like amazon with daily price changes so gonna sit tight and wait .

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘PSA: magicshine 872 for £69.99’ is closed to new replies.