Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • PSA: Madison Zenith Men’s 4-Season DWR Shorts half price!
  • malv173
    Free Member

My favourite shorts are only £37.50 here:

https://www.freewheel.co.uk/madison-zenith-men-s-4-season-dwr-shorts-varcl039?ps=OTM9MjMxNTg3JjE4ND0yMzIxODY=&gclid=CjwKCAjw0_T4BRBlEiwAwoEiAVSgQ7iOjEpO5jupF2A73DICd7bXpvvZKySt1NqVc4IhuS7M6JquwhoCtyAQAvD_BwE#93=231587&184=232186

Still some larger sizes in blue and olive/green. But they are already generously sized! They are really nicely constructed shorts, not the lightest, but the full length zip on the legs gives a nice bit of extra venting.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Good buy those, Always loved that dry phone pocket position.

bruneep

How do they size up then?

malv173
    Free Member

I’m about a 36 waist usually, which was meant to put me in the large size. I couldn’t be bothered to pay the return postage cost (can’t remember where I ordered from last time), so ended up sewing extra velcro onto the shorts a couple of inches along from where the original stuff ended on one side. I’ve ordered medium this time, as my waist size hasn’t changed.

chakaping
    Free Member

Sweet, cheers for that.

malv173
    Free Member

You’re welcome!

Simon

If they’re anything like other Madison shorts and trousers they come up big.

chakaping
    Free Member

Some of them (normal Zenith and Roam) come up small actually.

I’ve ordered M and L just in case.

Superficial
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ve just ordered some. That website is utterly terrible on mobile, though. I nearly gave up half way through.

malv173
    Free Member

There’s almost no excuse for shonky websites nowadays. I try very hard to avoid (sadly not always possible due to budget) CRC/Tredz etc, and look at what actual bike shops that do half decent online offerings have in stock first. There are massive inconsistencies. The best of our local shops is JE James. While not perfect, it actually has a pretty decent website with decent online shop.

devash
    Free Member

In my experience Madison size up big. I’m a 32 waist and their medium is too big so need to size down.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

@malv173 Nice one 👍

peter1979
    Free Member

I’ve owned a pair of these for about a year. I’ve got a 35 inch waste and wear a large and they are a good fit. Plenty of adjustment in the velcro straps.
    What I would say is that they are quite long and really designed to fit knee pads below. If you are a rider who doesn’t wear knee pads they will flap around quite a lot. They are my only shorts now though and I really rate them.
    I think they’ve been this price now for a good couple of months if not more.

bruneep

In my experience Madison size up big. I’m a 32 waist and their medium is too big so need to size down.

ah well, I’m that awkward 33″ waist size and went M. Time will tell. I thought only Endura had the stretchy tape measure

devash
    Free Member

@bruneep – you should be OK with medium if you are a 33.

Tracey

You should be OK with medium.

Northwind

<orders> Thanks!

I see they also have the Zenith jacket at £59.99, discounted from £59.99

malv173
    Free Member

@Northwind bargain! 🙄

lister

Brill, thanks for the PSA.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Nice one – ta. My zeniths are looking a bit worn. Great shorts at the price.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I see they also have the Zenith jacket at £59.99, discounted from £59.99

Could you let me have a link to that and I’ll look into it. Zenith jackets should be reduced from £99.99.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There’s still a load of Madison stuff half price at start fitness too.

Superficial
    Free Member

I’m that awkward 33″ waist size and went M.

Yeah, ditto. I always find myself between sizes, which is crazy considering a 33” waist must be completely common for cyclists.

Also, Madison’s size guide puts 33” waist as large, but from the sounds of the comments here even mediums may be too big.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I’m 32/33 waist and Madison medium fits me well.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Cheers OP..needed some new shorts for work / riding.
    Might go for a 2nd pair if i like em

Jakester
    Free Member

Thanks – bought. Have a Madison rain jacket and it’s great, so high hopes for the shorts!

Northwind

@Mister P, if you hit the link for hte shorts in the first post, you’ll see at the bottom there’s a couple of items that show the same discount and rrp prices. But if you click through, actually the item pages show it correct. Looks like it’s an issue with the “see also these items” rather than the items themselves

Mister-P
    Free Member

Thank you, I see what you mean. Weirdly if you were to use a short link like this –

https://www.freewheel.co.uk/madison-zenith-men-s-4-season-dwr-shorts-varcl039

then the crossed out SRPs look to be correct. Or they do on my computer anyway.

ElShalimo

What is the inseam length on the Zenith shorts? Do they go over the knee?

malv173
    Free Member

Just measured my current large ones at about 15 inches. I’m just under 6ft 1, averagely proportioned, and they do go over my knees. The outseam is just shy of 26 inches for what it’s worth.

kcal

Think Madison sizing might have changed – I got a long lasting pair of Zenith (when they were just plain old baggies) – 30″ waist, Medium was just dandy. Then got a pair of DTE shorts 3/4s – needed to be large.

chakaping
    Free Member

Arrived already.

I am a 33in waist and the medium fits but is a bit tight in the gusset.

The large also fits, has a little more space, but might need to rely on the velcro to stay up – which can be frustrating IME.

Hmmm.

Alex

Same issue as @chakaping. I’ve sent those back and punted for a large assuming a) they’ll have base layers tucked into them and b) I’m always a bit fatter in winter!

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m hoping to shed a bit of lockdown lumber but not off my undercarriage (hopefully).

Did you find them a bit tight down below Alex?

Might be totally fine on the bike or even a positive thing (no saddle snagging), but seems unusual.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Got mine – fit like a glove. Didn’t realise the phone pocket is in a different position in comparison to the old ones. Not a deal breaker but I prefer the older one.

Northwind

shortbread_fanylion
    Subscriber

Got mine – fit like a glove.

Ah I thought it was you, Johnny Fivelegs.

lister

Got my mediums today. I’m a 33/34 waist and they are snug rather than loose. But not snug enough to expect that the large wouldn’t be too big.
    They’re super stretchy though so I reckon it’s ok. If I’d paid £70+ for them then I guess I’d not be as happy but £37 is great.

campfreddie
    Free Member

Mine arrived today. 35″ waist and size large. Fits like a glove. Really pleased. Thanks to the OP for the PSA!

sirromj

FOUR SEASON MY ASS, by Enid Blyton.

scamperjenkins
    Free Member

Been waiting for these to come up on offer as my present ones are Only just holding together after 5 years. they do come up large partly due to the stretchy material. Arrived quickly too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Madison Zenith Men’s 4-Season DWR Shorts half price!’ is closed to new replies.