Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 121 total)
  • PSA Lyriks under £500
  • bruneep

Got a brand new unused C1 160mm damper for sale if anyone wants to upgrade their travel.

mahalo

YGM

Got a brand new unused C1 160mm damper for sale if anyone wants to upgrade their travel.

momo

Mine have arrived, again plain brown box. Decals and two tokens loose in the box.

I’m liking the grey decals, they’ll match the black/grey on my Sonder Evol nicely.

breninbeener

@momo i have sent you a pm!

addy6402

Mine have arrived, again plain brown box. Decals and two tokens loose in the box.

I’m liking the grey decals, they’ll match the black/grey on my Sonder Evol nicely.

Exactly what I’m doing 🙂

dyna-ti

Everybody happy with their new purchases ?.

boxelder

Do new forks ever come with tokens already installed? The Trailhead app suggests two for my weight and there were two in the box. I’m guessing 120mm Pikes arrive with none in and two is the max they’ll take?

frogstomp

@boxelder – when I took the air cap off to fix my suck down issue there were 2 spacers installed, plus 2 in the box.

boxelder

@frogstomp – cheers. Looks like 4 is the max, so two in and two spare sounds right. I’ll check once they’ve bedded in.

mahalo

very nice. 2 token installed, none in box. ordered some new decals from slik, and got a 160 C1 spring on the way so will wait for that before fitting em…

b33k34

Everybody happy with their new purchases ?.

yes, though it looks like the frame I was going to buy to put them on wasn’t actually in stock after all….

militantmandy
    Free Member

So, swapped over the air spring for my pal last night on a set of these mega-bargain forks. For anyone who has bought a set, I would highly recommend giving them a service as:

The grease was like congealed balls of snot
    There was almost no oil in the lowers

I can confirm it’s definitely not the latest air spring. It has the anodised red head, but it’s the smaller one and it has the shorter foot nut. I put a new c1 180mm air spring in and gave them a clean/grease and some new oil and the seem to be feeling good. My friend is selling a set of Fox 38 Performance (180mm) if anyone is interested.

Thanks again for this PSA. Definitely would have missed these otherwise!

breninbeener

@militantmandy thanks i will get on that.

Can i ask what you did for a crush washer?

mashr

The grease was like congealed balls of snot

Sure sign they’ve been sitting on a shelf for a while then

Can i ask what you did for a crush washer?

Never had an issue just reusing a crush washer

militantmandy
    Free Member

As above, didn’t need to replace any parts, all went back together nicely.

breninbeener

Ok thanks for info about crush washer.

Can i ask whats the difference between an old and new type?

militantmandy
    Free Member

In terms of the spring? The new spring and longer footnut mean the fork doesn’t sit into it’s travel like the old one did and that it generally rides higher in the travel. Some feel that old spring is slightly more sensitive, some prefer the new one as it rides higher.

mlltt

Swapped out the air shaft for a 170mm that I got off eBay for £30 posted.

No crusty grease and plenty of oil in my set, 2 tokens installed and 2 in the box. Removed airshaft is the slightly older one.

Can’t complain for the price

mahalo

Yeah also had the dry bogeys and minimal oil. New 160 spring gone in, fresh grease, fresh oil and fitted to the bike tonight. CBA waiting for the the decals…

mlltt

I’m also waiting for decals, will fit tonight and test ride at the weekend. Be interesting to see if I notice any difference to the Zeb apart from the weight loss. I weight 75kg and feel like the Zeb is overkill for me

momo

Talking of decals, has anyone found any good guides for positioning them?

frogstomp

CBA waiting for the the decals…

I’m also waiting for decals

Anyone ordered decals / protection from Invisiframe? Normally a quick turnaround but not had any updates for over a week.

If anyone wants just the C1 seal head upgrade – I got mine from here.

Rockshox don’t seem to list default / suggested settings for the compression damper.. are people leaving it fully open and then just dialling it in bit by bit, or bracketing from the middle of the range?

lewis75
    Free Member

As others have said, it’s definitely worth dropping the lowers and reapplying grease and oil, even if you’re not swapping out the air shaft. I took my lowers off and there wasn’t any oil whatsoever.

blastit
    Free Member

Agree with above, dropped my lowers and air side had no oil but was moist and damper side did have a little bit maybe a couple of cc . As they recommend 10cc its very wise to have a look.

tthew

Rockshox don’t seem to list default / suggested settings for the compression damper.. are people leaving it fully open and then just dialling it in bit by bit, or bracketing from the middle of the range?

@frogstomp
    – did you try the Trailhead app? I got the previous Pike PSA and the settings suggested by that seem pretty much spot on.

frogstomp

@tthew Trailhead only lists air pressure and rebound (for both the Lyrik and my old Pike). Maybe they’ve changed it.. I’m sure they used to have compression settings too.

nickjb
    Free Member

Imo compression isn’t a set and forget. You can do that with modern forks and it’s fine of course, but I’d say it’s a big dial on the top of the fork for a reason. Set it for the riding you are doing and tweak as you go. (Then forget about it and do a big descent with the forks virtually locked 🙂 )

b33k34

is it right that theres only about 4 clicks on the compression?

Also, any recommendations for the best fitting mudguard for these – unlike the Fox I’ve been running there are no threaded holes for an RRP

militantmandy
    Free Member

There are 4 clicks of high speed and 20 (I think!) clicks of low speed. I use an RRP which is fine but not spectacular. The best is a Crud Catcher XL, but it is both ugly and sometimes noisey.

frogstomp

is it right that theres only about 4 clicks on the compression?

Just checked and I have about 4 click of HSC and 19 LSC.

Imo compression isn’t a set and forget. You can do that with modern forks and it’s fine of course, but I’d say it’s a big dial on the top of the fork for a reason

Very true.. I was maybe overthinking it and expecting more HSC clicks (based on the detents on the dial) than it actually gives you. That makes the HSC pretty straightforward and the LSC easier to fine tune.

DougD

Also, any recommendations for the best fitting mudguard for these – unlike the Fox I’ve been running there are no threaded holes for an RRP

I’ve got an RRP Proguard max on mine, works really well, doesn’t move at all – used some old innertube and heli-tape so it doesn’t rub where you cable tie it.

bennn
    Free Member

Mine have arrived – plain brown box, 2 grey tokens, ‘stealth decals’.

I’ve done a little digging & it appears the Lyrik/Yari share the same airshaft, would anyone know if this is the correct one I need to lower travel to 140mm with the current larger negative spring?

Link

Cheers, Ben.

ico86

Yup that’s the one
    In in doubt compare it against the ones on he TF tuned site, they usually have a fair bit of information on there. Well done for finding 140mm in stock!

mahalo

decals turned up, fork fitted, 160 c1 spring ugrade. absolutely delighted. best PSA ever.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

on a similar note i’ve got a brand new C1 170 airshaft going spare as never fitted it before i changed fork. which also reminds me that i’ve got some 29″ 160 mm travel lyrics with the charger 2.1 damper and B1 air spring that are less than 500 miles old if anyone missed out on the PSA. LSC only though – think they were a trek OEM model rather than the normal select + models

Tracey

Looks nice, was the airshaft you removed a C1 or the older B1

mahalo

it was the older one, B1.

momo

That’s mine fitted, first ride later today, just a local one with a friend so nothing too testing.

frogstomp

First ride on my set yesterday.. a bit of a baptism of fire at Risca ‘bike park’. I’d also switched to a shorter stem and higher rise bars so difficult to isolate the fork effect.. but generally felt plush and controlled.

Tracey

I’m in the Peak in the camper for my birthday weekend and have been bought some to go on my Turbo Levo. Dropped them off at 18 Bikes for a lower service and air shaft upgrade to C1 however mine have the C1 fitted so saved a bit more money 😁

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 121 total)

The topic ‘PSA Lyriks under £500’ is closed to new replies.