Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • PSA Lyriks under £500
  • Premier Icon endomick
    Free Member

C1 appeared in 2020 but was in forks labelled as 2021 model, b1 appeared in 2019 forks, 2018 forks had the original debonair without the red seal head and foot nut. These will have the b1 if the description is right.

Premier Icon Tracey

At that price they are worth it and put in whatever airshaft you are comfortable with. If we didn’t already have a spare set then they would have been in my basket.

Premier Icon chiefgrooveguru

I wish this had been a couple of months ago – my LBS ordered in a 160mm pair of these for my forthcoming 29″ hardtail build. Still quite tempted to get a pair as a spare!

Premier Icon frogstomp

Thanks for the PSA.. mine are arriving imminently!

Any recommendations on mudguards? I’ve been using Mudhuggers on my 2018/19 Pikes but they lack clearance with 2.5″ tyres (to the point I had to butcher them a bit). I’m considering the RRP Proguard Max.. anyone running them on the Lyrik?

Premier Icon singlespeedstu

I’m considering the RRP Proguard Max.. anyone running them on the Lyrik?

Mrsstu has that mudguard and a DHF2.6. Works fine.

Premier Icon submarined

Desperately trying not to buy one of these to fit to my Aeris 120 with a view to fitting a Yari 130 air shaft, and slowly beginning the path to replacing it with a short travel 29er…

Premier Icon fathomer

I’m also desperately trying not to buy a set, telling myself there’s nothing wrong with the Pike Ultimate’s I already have and the Lyrik will only add more weight!

Premier Icon frogstomp

These will have the b1 if the description is right.

Mine have just turned up and it’s C2 according to Trailhead using the serial number.

Premier Icon Burchy1
    Free Member

Mine turned up today too, sheet of matt black decals and tokens in the box. Trailhead says they are the C2 spring.

@Tracey
    if you do find a 160mm air shaft i’d be keen to buy one. Either B1 or C2 would be fine.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Free Member

I’m also desperately trying not to buy a set, telling myself there’s nothing wrong with the Pike Ultimate’s I already have and the Lyrik will only add more weight!

Get them and try, I think you’d appreciate the change. And you probably won’t lose money if you sell them on.

Premier Icon Tracey

Ok I shall delve in the depths of the garage this weekend and see what pops up.

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

Desperately trying not to buy one of these

Likewise. Theres only 150mm in 29 but still a fair saving.

I think ill look at something else, take my mind off them 😆

Premier Icon momo

I’ve just ordered a pair, should hopefully get most of the money back from selling the Pike ultimates I have at the moment!

Premier Icon singletrackandi

Mine have just arrived too! OE forks by the looks as they don’t come boxed (that doesn’t bother me) gloss black finish with matt black stickers 😍

Will fit them tonight and will probably have a pair of 140mm travel Fox 34 for sale by next week.

Premier Icon hardtailonly

Ha! Glad others have been able to make use of my PSA! I’d already paid for a set of lightly used Pikes off here, and £400 was my max budget for forks… Ah well …

Premier Icon addy6402

Cheers for the PSA – arrived this morning 🙂

Can anyone recommend a decent protection kit? Feel like I should look after them…

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

I’m wishing folk hadnt posted this up 😆 , im now left in a quandary 🙁

I’ve a fox 36 rhythm on the ebike, which is ok but not an ultimate lyrik.  But im kind of worrying its just too much of a faff about and even getting 400 for the fox its still a good deal but im not sure how good and if id be better sticking with the fox.

Im on a lowish fixed income and its a bit of a splash out for me without knowing how ill get on selling the fox, and i cant afford to own both.

Bu66er 🙁 im just so indecisive and lacking in confidence these days

Premier Icon tuboflard

I got £200 for a 2016/17 set of non-boost Pikes when I bought a pair of these so the overall cost to me was just £200 with the £100 voucher I had. If your 36’s are in good condition it’s a bit of a no brainer I’d think as probably £100 net cost. Can’t comment on how much better the Lyrik Ultimate is compared to a 36 Rhythm though to justify the risk.

Premier Icon Tracey

Whenever I upgrade I never factor in the sale of the the old stuff. I’ve sometimes moved stuff on or saved as spares. The stuff I move on I tend to price to sell. That way I’ve got a good deal and the buyer has.
    I cant comment on the 36 Rhythm v the Lyrik Ultimates. We do run 36 Factory v Lyrik Ultimates. I would find it difficult to distinguish between the performance and am happy riding both.
    Have a search on sold 36 Rhythms to get an idea what you may get

Premier Icon mashr
    Free Member

Feeling the choosing pains of others here!

Mine is a 160mm B2 Yari that I was planning on putting a Smashpot and an older Charger 2 in (both of which I already have). Or potentially a Splug or Yari Up instead. That Yari (if it ever gets sent) would be second hand, so I’ve got to throw having a warranty into the mix too. And all of this is a bit experimental as I’m playing at mulleting my bike – heed’s burstin’!

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

Thanks for the speedy rely Tracey 🙂 I see on ebay(not my first choice for seller) they range from 350-500. Fork is coming off a 2022 bike, so could either be 2022 or maybe 2021, they’ve a habit of doing that.. But fair prices all the same, and getting the upgrade to RS top fork is not bad going for a 100-200 quid over what i spent on the bike.

I think i’d better do some hard thinking on this 😕

Thanks again for the reply 🙂

Premier Icon FieldMarshall

Thanks also for the PSA.

Mine arrived earlier and are also C2 with 2.1 Damper according to Trailhead.

Fitting in place of some Fox 34 Rhythms.

Premier Icon razorrazoo

Any recommendations on mudguards? I’ve been using Mudhuggers on my 2018/19 Pikes but they lack clearance with 2.5″ tyres (to the point I had to butcher them a bit). I’m considering the RRP Proguard Max.. anyone running them on the Lyrik?

The new mudhugger evo fits well and is a bit bigger/wider and much more nicely finished than the frx version that preceded it.

Premier Icon Simon

That’s a relief, they’ve all gone – saved myself 500 quid!

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

Well that solves that problem.

No doubt someone somewhere will spot something else ;lol:

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Free Member

Merlin has some grip performance 36s for £549. 😉

Premier Icon superstu
    Free Member

Ordered last night to replace some 2018 revelations I could never quite get how I wanted.

Thanks for the PSA, much appreciated. Rare to get a genuine bargain (admittedly still £500) in these times. I had been eyeing a pair or Marzocchi z1 for £630 so these are amazing value by comparison

Premier Icon robo89
    Free Member

So they were 2021 model leftovers from full builds, sometimes chainreaction don’t know what model year they’re selling.

Premier Icon TrailriderJim

All out of stock now.

Premier Icon breadcrumb

I really don’t have £500 to drop in forks at the moment so glad they’re out of stock. I’m happy enough with my Pike Ultimates but part of me wonders about Lyrics.

Things would get expensive if I had got the Lyrics as I’d only be a frame off building a hardtail up out of spares/existing bikes….

Premier Icon blastit
    Free Member

Got mine just in time . Thanks for PSA been looking for a while now .
    These and the 200 quid Rockshox Coil Ultimate I just grabbed should transform my bike.
    Ultimate coil

Thanks Again

Premier Icon frogstomp

All shiny and fitted but mine is suffering from the ‘suck down’ issue so I’m now wondering if the C2 in the Trailhead part number (FS-LYRK-ULT-C2) doesn’t necessarily refer to the air spring – I believe the C2 air spring was supposed to alleviate this issue?

I’m going to try the pull up method to try and fix it, but if not I guess a strip down will be the next step – boo!

Premier Icon yanboss

Sram know how to make things confusing. After digging through the spatre parts manual I think I have it figured out.

Mine just arrived, model FS-LYRK-ULT-C2 which is the 2020 model with the older air spring.

The FS-LYRK-ULT-C3 is the 2021 model with the C1 air spring.

Premier Icon mashr
    Free Member

There is no C2 spring, so yeah you’re right not to pay attention to that part of the part number

Premier Icon docrobster

So glad these sold out. They’ve been tempting me all week. Now if they were pike ultimates with 42 offset in 29 for £500 that’s what I wouldn’t have been able to ignore…

Just in case anyone bought these lyriks to replace pikes…😉

Premier Icon bennn
    Free Member

I’ve ordered some of these and they’ve been ‘despatched’ but not delivered yet so I can’t confirm what airspring they’ve got.

But if anyone has the C1 140mm 650B airspring & fancies a 160mm I’d be interested in a swap.

Cheers, Ben.

Premier Icon momo

@docrobster you should have a pm from me

Premier Icon superstu
    Free Member

Mine have arrived, plain box obviously and not even any tokens just the stickers which doesn’t bother me – are the tokens the same as older rs forks as I have some spares kicking around?

Premier Icon breninbeener
    Free Member

@docrobster. You have a PM

Ian

Premier Icon mboy
    Free Member

Mine arrived earlier…

Some tokens in the box with mine oddly enough (grey ones, same as any other 35mm stanchioned Rockshox).

I’ll have a look in my spares, probably need a token amnesty, as I’ve got tonnes of the bloody things I’m sure!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.