Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 121 total)
  • PSA Lyriks under £500
  • ed-
    Free Member

I saw that, what offset is it?

mashr

29ers are 42mm, 27.5” are 46mm. They use the C2 spring apparently – I can’t remember if that’s the latest and greatest?

Deal is also on Wiggle for those with Wiggle+ and/or loyalty points

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ed-
    Free Member

Don’t think it specifys the offet

Fork offset: 37mm (27.5″), 42mm (29″), 46mm (27.5″), 51mm (29″

It could be 42 or 51

Is that right?

mashr

Nope, check the questions on CRC they’ve specified the offsets there but not updated the description

ed-
    Free Member

Great thanks, tempted.

What’s the C2 airsprng?

mashr

Can’t work that part out! EDIT: 2020 should be the old B1 spring, can’t find anything relating to C2 (other than RC2 for the 2021 model)

I’m doing some hefty mental gymnastics with this one as I need a fork for a bit of an experiment. Current plan is to use a second hand Yari + Smashpot (already have) + either a Charger 2 (already have) or a Splug or Up damper. But this is very tempting instead (need 160mm so the spring is coming out anyway)….. aarrggghh

ed-
    Free Member

Yes I think it’s just the older airspring. Cheap upgrade if needed.
    I have a 2021 pike ultimate at the moment but kinda wishing I bought a lyrik instead. I’m debating on buying this and selling my pike. But is it worth the hassle?

tuboflard

I bought a set of these late last year of CRC for my 29er. Very nice indeed and I had £100 voucher to use (from an earlier CRC cock up) so was a no brainer.

They’re a massive improvement from the old non-boost 2017 Pikes I had on the bike before. Get them whilst you can as I suspect they’ll go quick.

lardman
    Free Member

Is a ‘charger damper’ the same length for every travel fork? Ie: one size fits all lyrik/Yari forks?

mahalo

very tempting. especially with a £100 xmas voucher burning a hole in my pocket!

they appear to come with the current debonair spring, but they come with the old Charger 2.1 Damper, not the latest RC2 one – which would be a £350 upgrade…

militantmandy
    Free Member

very tempting. especially with a £100 xmas voucher burning a hole in my pocket!

they appear to come with the current debonair spring, but they come with the old Charger 2.1 Damper, not the latest RC2 one – which would be a £350 upgrade…

Hasn’t the damper been the same since the introduction of the Ultimates? I thought the only difference from then to now was the air spring.

ETA – Charger 2.1 is the RC2. So it’s the most modern/bestest damper.

mashr

Charger 2.1 RC2 is the latest isn’t it?

jamesmio
    Free Member

God dammit.

I guess that’s me committed to the AM9 I’ve been toying with then. Got a set of these for my hardtail build a few months back when they were £90 more but with blue stickers.

Excellent PSA – thanks!

endomick
    Free Member

Ultimates will 2.1 rc2, a lot of people prefer the b spring but who knows what’s in there b or c, these will be oem so you never know with crc/wiggle, I bought some so called 2019 forks but they turned out to be 2018 with crapper debonair and some old 26″ lyriks that should have had lockout came in the dh version.

militantmandy
    Free Member

Well a pal of mine has just bought a set and I’m going to change the air spring for her, so I’ll report back!

breninbeener

Mine arrived today.

Trailforks shows a C2 airspring and charger 2.1 RC damper. It came with 2 tokens in the box.

b33k34

Can you change the travel on these? Most R/S it’s a c£40 air shaft. One of these?

Rockshox Debonair 2021 Air Spring Upgrade

militantmandy
    Free Member

Yes and yes. You’ll also need some slickoleum or similar, a tiny bit of fluid for the lowers and a pair of c-clip pliers.

mashr

And to actually find somewhere with the C1 spring in stock – that’s the hardest part

poah
    Free Member

You don’t want the latest spring anyway. Older debonair one is better

mashr

poah
    Free Member

You don’t want the latest spring anyway. Older debonair one is better

That’s interesting, I thought the older one (B1) had gone too far and was generally agreed to sit too far into the travel and the latest (C1) version corrected that?

mahalo

well i took a punt. £390 was too good to miss. (i had a £100 voucher and they knocked an extra tenner off at checkout?) gutted i cant find a 160 spring tho. Does the £135 rule still apply when buying from Germany? will take em apart when they land and see whats what. can maybe just replace the seal head (or go luftcappe?) but maintain the 150mm travel for now…

militantmandy
    Free Member

That’s interesting, I thought the older one (B1) had gone too far and was generally agreed to sit too far into the travel and the latest (C1) version corrected that?

Depends on who you talk to. Some like the slightly more supple off the top of the older one, some prefer the higher ride of the new. Not sure one is objectively better than the other.

mashr

Not sure one is objectively better than the other.

Surely its pick a favourite and be a dick about it?!

Yeah I did some reminding myself after the last post. Quite happy that I wouldn’t like the B1 spring, I a fan of forks that stay higher in their travel

militantmandy
    Free Member

Honestly, I don’t think the difference between them is quite as big as it’s made out to be.

chakaping
    Free Member

Some like the slightly more supple off the top of the older one, some prefer the higher ride of the new.

Yep, I prefer the higher ride of the new one.

It might be a bit more dependent on regular lowers servicing to keep in top shape though.

Poah is just regurgitating other people’s internet postings.

Tracey

I prefer the ride height of the newer spring, Somewhere in the back of the garage I have the old 160mm air shafts for the 29 as we went to 170mm ones on Abigale’s couple of pairs. If anyone knows what I should be looking for I can dig then out.

mashr

Tracey, when you say “old” do you mean old B1s or C1s that you’re just not using now? If the latter I’d be happy to buy one off you

Tracey

I have no idea on B or C unless some one cant tell me what I’m looking for. I’m sure all our forks, Rockshox or Fox are running the latest springs but have a multitude of others, all 29 but of various lengths, that have been swapped out. Pike, Lyrik and 36s

mahalo

Somewhere in the back of the garage I have the old 160mm air shafts for the 29

I would gladly take one off your hands..!? a few places have 180 springs in stock, i could just swap the shaft…

b33k34

the MBR article for the 2021 fork suggests that was the first year with the new Debonair (RS have added a 10mm taller seal head and a longer foot nut to the bottom of the air shaft to make up for the short fall in its overall length. And the best part is, if you have a current fork, you only need the new foot nut and seal head, not the complete DebonAir spring assembly, to bring your fork bang up to date. And to make it even easier, RockShox will make both available as a spare parts kit.)

So you can either get the upgraded spring if you’re doing a travel change (in theory, or just the parts you need if staying the same)

I don’t understand @breninbeener comment above – ‘Trailforks shows a C2 airspring”
    What’s trail forks in this context?

militantmandy
    Free Member

He means Rock Shocks Trailhead App.

frogstomp

What’s trail forks in this context?

@b33k34
    – I think they mean Trailhead.

b33k34

so CRC have the mislabelled as 2020 and they’re maybe 2020 production to 2021 spec. Cool.

b33k34

Looking through the other stuff the Jawbreakers with 2 lenses for £139 is a great deal (though I really don’t like the Prizm Road lens off-road at all)

jamesmio
    Free Member

Blimey that was quick.

Mine have just arrived and on appearance indeed identical bar the different colour stickers to the blue-stickered ones I got in Autumn.

mashr

B1:

C1:

Tracey

Ok I will have a look over the weekend

mahalo

so the the CRC specials do have the C1 spring??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 121 total)

The topic ‘PSA Lyriks under £500’ is closed to new replies.