PSA – Lumicycle are having a sale.

Home Forum Bike Forum PSA – Lumicycle are having a sale.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PSA – Lumicycle are having a sale.
  • Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Any idea is these “lamp units” com with charger and mounts?

Premier Icon Vortexracing
    Subscriber

probably mount, but I doubt a charger

Premier Icon ourmaninthenorth
    Subscriber

They do this sale this time each year.

Alas, my riding in the dark has been curtailed, so I’ll avoid looking.

Lamp units = lamp + mount only. Buy the charger separately.

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Subscriber

battery

Could I use this battery with my old 13.2 halogen system, converted to led by your method, vortex?.

Subscriber

Yip you sure can.

Might be able to help out with a driver and LED if you have not already got them.

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Subscriber

I’ve already converted, Vortex, when the big long thread was running. Will the driver I have in there just now be ok going from the 13.2 to the 14.8?

Junkyard

he converted mine and i can use either the Nimh or the Li-ion ones with it – I assume you have the same driver but he will know for sure I assume.

Subscriber

yip if it’s the driver of Blackcat off Ebay it will work with no probs.

Thats the same battery i used.

You will need another charger though. your Nimh charger won’t work with Li-Ion batteries

Or at least I don’t think it will. Smudge as well as Lumi will clarify if I’m right or not about the charger.

and Junkyards right both batteries will work. The li-ion will be lighter and run longer

nbt

Oooh, I’m in need of a new battery or my venerable lumicycles, but I am pretty sure that I’ll neds a new charger for the li-ion battery linked to above, is that right? My current batteries are all NiMH, I think

nbt

ah, that answer posted while I was typing answers my question

and I suppose also that running a bigger battery might fry my halogen lights 🙁

Junkyard

yes different chargers. I have never tried to use the wrong one but the rated voltage is different so I would not expect much – li ion is higher

4 hours + using your kit and the little battery still going but never done a longer night ride [ I have but i take the bigger battery]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Lumicycle are having a sale.’ is closed to new replies.