Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • PSA; lovely retro handmade dresses, 40s style…
  • crikey
    Free Member

http://www.limb-clothing.com/

Went for a walk with my mum who was visiting me yesterday, and ended up in this place. My mum is a bit old, I’m a bit bloke, and Mrs crikey is a bit shy, but these dresses were absolutely brilliant, handmade on the premises, great styles, great fabrics and a real local business that will hopefully do extremely well.

Bunnyhop

OOh lovely.
    I hope dresses come back in fashion. It would be tricky wearing one on a bike though

crikey
    Free Member

I’m not a dress connoisseur, but I like these a lot. The lady we spoke to was really enthusiastic; it just deserves to do well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Matt24k
    Free Member

How is this a PSA for a cycling forum? Just wunderin, like.

crikey
    Free Member

You see where it says ‘Chat Forum’ at the top of this thread?

That’s to signify that this part of the forum is for things that don’t fit into the ‘Bike Forum’.

Matt24k
    Free Member

My fault, I just clicked on it on the front page without checking. Maybe there should be a way off topic forum 🙂
    I am now getting a really weird selection of ads… ridemorzine.com and something for stiletto heels above it!

crikey
    Free Member

If you check out the variety of topics in the chat forum, I think 40’s style retro dresses are not that far out! 🙂

jools182
    Free Member

I’m not really into dresses, but women dressing in that 40’s style is something I could look at all day :p

takisawa2

When I overthrow the government I will make these dresses compulsory for all ladies.

DezB
    Free Member

you fellas should go to Goodwood Revival Day. Your knees would cease to function. 🙂

lister

I just showed Mrs Lister the website.

I fear for our credit card.

However…we will both be happy. 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

I’m working on the Thin Controller, but she’s not for budging. 🙁

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Being a girl I think its a great psa 😀

Alphabet

I’ll show the SO when she gets in later and see what she thinks but I like them.

Of course if they were to actually advertise their address on their website it would make it easier to visit …

Or am I being dim?

crikey
    Free Member

It’s on the webpage under ‘contact us’

http://www.limb-clothing.com/contact2.cfm

slowoldgit
    Free Member

How is this a PSA for a cycling forum? Just wunderin, like.

Give us dirty old men a bit of consideration, will ya.

Alphabet

crikey – Member

It’s on the webpage under ‘contact us’

Just me then. I thought I’d clicked on all the links. Thanks.

ads678

Great psa that, the other half will love. And love british made stuff, and nice dresses!! 😀

MrsBeaker
    Free Member

Wow! I love them, thanks for the Post! I know Beaker will be pleased – we love the 40’s inspired look! 😉

the-muffin-man
    Free Member

Great product by the looks of it – but they could do with changing the style of the website. It looks like a home-spun pron site from a few years ago and not in-keeping with the product and style they are selling.

zippykona

There is nothing so wonderful as a well turned out lady.
    More power to the ladies on the website.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Sent this link to my cousin – she does the 40’s/50’s thing mixed with a bit of psychobilly stuff so right up her street – she loves the website and is planning on a purchase so this social media stuff works for modern businesses 🙂

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Oh, I’ll pass this onto Mrs Sox……………shortly before I order the new wheels and carbon seatpost 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

Very nice. Very burlesque.

Definitely far nicer than many of the chavs fashion.

😀

Anna-B
    Free Member

Gorgeous, thanks for the PSA. Have several original 60s dresses – just checked – have wardrobe space for one of these too 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

😀

I’m really, really pleased that people like them; it’s rare that I find ‘fashionable’ things that make me go Ooooh, but I was really impressed with these and will be taking my daughter back to have a look.

The website doesn’t do justice to the range of available fabrics either!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘PSA; lovely retro handmade dresses, 40s style…’ is closed to new replies.