Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA, lots of closures in the tweed valley
  • Northwind

Lots (and lots and lots) of trees down, blocking trails and access roads

https://www.facebook.com/AdrenalinUplift/posts/300327312096581

The main 7 stanes/forestry info doesn’t seem to have been updated

vmgscot

Same at Drumlanrig. likely wanting to check trails for fallen and hung up trees.

poah
    Free Member

Forests closed due to storm damage are:
    • Glentress
    • Innerleithen
    • Caberston (Golfie)
    • All other forests in Tweed Valley Forest Park
    • Newcastleton
    • Ae
    • Mabie
    • Dalbeattie
    • Kirroughtree
    • Glentrool
    Please avoid visiting these forests at the moment – Storm Arwen has caused significant damage with trees down blocking trails, paths and forests roads and many more leaning, hung up, snapped.
    We’ll be working hard over the upcoming days to inspect all the trails, paths and forest roads, assess the damage and start the mammoth clear up and repair operation.
    Further updates soon.
    Stay safe

jamesmio
    Free Member

Reports from a couple of bods from Ae yesterday who were trying to find some folks stuck in there from the rally – it’s carnage. Trees down blocking all of the access roads and the naze (overflow) car park is covered too.

Had a half notion to nip to the local woods today for a check and clear as we found it but it’s now dumping it down with snow, so b0ll0cks to it. Telly and coffee day today.

matt_outandabout

I saw photos from Ae and Glentress yesterday – proper carnage that will take months to clear, possibly longer.

I wonder if some trails ever will reopen.

singlespeedstu

Yep. GT was a mess yesterday with trees down everywhere.
    Spoke to some lads that had tried to ride hush hush and said that bit of the woods was totally destroyed.☹️
    From spooky woods down the red trail was pretty clear. Took us a while to get up there having to go round fallen trees everywhere.
    As said above it’s going to take them a long time to clear that mess up.

brads
    Free Member

Yup today was called off.
    Hopefully not closed for too long as Glentress is my winter go to place.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Indeed, GT and the valley is our winter go to 🙁

Does anyone know how other places like Dunkeld, Ballo etc got hit?

onehundredthidiot

Saw some pictures and hush hush is properly knackered. Given fewer trees closed pennels vennel there might be no coming back for some good stuff.

clubby

@dumbbot I reckon lots of Ballo will be wrecked. We’re 10 miles north and still no power. Black trails cluster may not be as bad as they were on the sheltered side of the hill but the blues near the fishery were right in the firing line.

thegman67

I was at the Golfie yesterday morning and it was carnage with loads of walking and lifting over trees.

Northwind

onehundredthidiot

Saw some pictures and hush hush is properly knackered. Given fewer trees closed pennels vennel there might be no coming back for some good stuff.

Though equally, remember the Wormhole a few years back, about half its length was buried. But it was a relatively safe and easy extraction. Pennel’s Vennel was a kind of perfect storm, there were lots of hanging and damaged trees which are the worst to deal with, and for various reasons they weren’t able to just bring in a harvester and demolish the deadfalls.

(there was a bit on the nevis red that was similar, closed for years because of just a couple of damaged trees that were too difficult to extract safely, so they diverted around it)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA, lots of closures in the tweed valley’ is closed to new replies.