Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PSA Lidl sorta trailbuilding spade… maybe?
  • scruffywelder
    Free Member

Could be kinda handy 🤔

Lidl root cutting spade

Northwind

They’ve also got a pretty good looking 12v reciprocating saw- I picked up a similar cheap Draper one and it’s been good for trail clearing and absolutely awesome for root removing. Seems to come with battery and charger, if so it’s very very cheap

stumpyjon

Ooooo I like the idea of that spade.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Leave the roots!

argee

Would be better with a telescopic or collapsable handle to make it more compact, or one of the forestry rakehoe’s to have something a bit more useful for trailbuilding/maintaining

scruff
    Free Member

No, we need root installing equipment.

st

N’ah, for a non-folding compact shovel for strapping to a pack I’d recommend these
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/roughneck-round-point-micro-shovel-27/53829

And for a full size option these (when they’re in stock)
    https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Professional-Steel-Trenching-Post-Shovel—1000mm/p/167428

goby

Ditton for the SCrewfix non folding shovel, great bit of kit.

Tracey

Our daughter has dug quite a lot of local trails over the years. Main tools have been a trenching hoe cost £15 from ebay, an old miners pick that we have had for years and a folding saw from Lidl. just bought her a rechargable branch cutter from Lidl.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Leave the roots

+1 you can destabilise and or kill plants or trees cutting out roots.

Tracey

Another vote for leaving roots intact, it also adds to the fun.

Northwind

Sometimes they’ve just got to go. That shovel won’t cut anything but the little ones anyway- the ones that make it a pain to dig but that aren’t much use in a trail.

maccruiskeen

N’ah, for a non-folding compact shovel for strapping to a pack I’d recommend these

Turns out, at 6’6″, my favoirte way to dig a hole is on my knees with a kids-size shovel. Marvelous things.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PSA Lidl sorta trailbuilding spade… maybe?’ is closed to new replies.