Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • PSA Lidl HRM £14.99 – works with Strava!
  • pictonroad

Is that an iPhone Rob? Mine works fine, you sure the pads are damp/moist enough?

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Yeah iPhone… And I fairly dampened the pads, plus I got a good sweat on whilst riding…

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I found that the strap is quite position sensitive. Up by the nips it gives a reading near maximum, down at bottom of pecs it’s more accurate.

njee20
    Free Member

What’s wrong with it? The 195 could be spurious, any number of things can cause interference, but otherwise that looks very normal.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Is it? I genuinely don’t know… An average of 173bmp seems a bit high… But I honestly don’t know, I’ve never worn a HRM before…

chrishc777
    Free Member

Mine works but only when I have Strava open, as soon as I put it away and it goes on standby it looses contact, I know this as when I then pull it back up it comes up with ‘bluetooth sensor found’ as if the bluetooth switches off on standby, there is no option on the phone for this though. (HTC one mini)

AlexSimon

This is my screenshot. Similar pattern. Just a little lower.
    I’m 42 btw

Edit: That flatline on the climb was where the HRM fell off!

njee20
    Free Member

Is it? I genuinely don’t know… An average of 173bmp seems a bit high… But I honestly don’t know, I’ve never worn a HRM before…

Looks very normal. I can average 190+ for 2 hours. There’s no real correlation between fitness and HR.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

I swapped my HRM, got the last one in the shop, and (seemingly) it works much better… my resting heart rate is 71bpm, as opposed to 135bpm 😆 …. a ride on sunday will tell me what i need to know…

bigyinn
    Free Member

Excellent, at least its not my heart spakking out on me.
    Do you just use water to moisten the pads, or something else?
    I am a little hairy… 😳

njee20
    Free Member

Always just licked the electrodes. You can get conductive gel if you struggle to get a good signal though.

caledonia
    Free Member

About 5 or 6 left in Edinburgh, Granton store tonight at about 6:30.

Will try mine out at the weekend !
    Never used one before, this may be worrying.

Max heartrate is approx 220 – your age isnt it?

retro83
    Free Member

Finally got one of these and the blasted thing won’t connect.

I can hear it ticking on heartbeats, and it appears as ‘Heartrate Monitor’ but when I tap it, it says Pairing… then immediately that disappears. Strava can’t see it, nor can Endo.

Phone is a GNex running 4.4.4 but my MotoG also can’t connect.

Anyone have the same problem?

jeffl

You don’t need to pair it in the traditional sense. Just enable Bluetooth on your phone, bang the HRM on yourself. Then go into Strava – Settings – Bluetooth Sensors. Enable Bluetooth 4 low energy then tick the heart Raye check box. It should then find the HRM. Think it will disply the BPM to confirm.

retro83
    Free Member

Thanks Jeff. All sorted. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘PSA Lidl HRM £14.99 – works with Strava!’ is closed to new replies.