Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • PSA: Lidl bike stuff next week
  • svladcjelli
    Free Member

Has the usual gloves and top and helmets, looks like a new selection of saddles, and don’t remember that wee tray on the stand before.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?id=795

BoardinBob

I have the workstand and it’s not great to be honest:

The jaws don’t always play nice with funny frame or tube shapes.

The clamp for the head needs to be ridiculously tight to stop the bike rotating once it’s in the stand, running the risk of cracking something on the clamp or stripping threads

If you’ve got a road bike or a hardtail with plain circular tubing and they’re both light then it’ll be fine but I’ve found it to be more of a hindrance than a help. It’s in my loft waiting to be thrown in the bin or given away for free. I do 95% or my maintenance with the bike in an Andy Stand now

Home

natrix
    Free Member

Ooo, might have to get a softshell jacket 😀

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Agree with bob – I had high hopes of the work stand after reading accounts on here but it’s not solid enough.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Where is THAT trail though..? And who would do maintenance on their hybrid while wearing tight lycra shorts..?

So many questions Lidl..

pictonroad

I inherited one of those saddles on a £20 ebay commuter, didn’t know it was lidl. Comfiest saddle I’ve ever ridden, I’ve lent the bike out and had the same comment.

Might be persuaded in to buy another.

takisawa2

Workstand was a pain. I gave it away in the end.

fudge9202
    Free Member

We’ve had it this week in Northern Ireland. Not that great really, wouldn’t bother to be honest.

jkomo

I just don’t like the word CRIVIT. Other than that I have nothing to add.

shermer75
    Free Member

jkomo – Member
    I just don’t like the word CRIVIT. Other than that I have nothing to add.

Sounds like the sort of place you don’t want to get any crumbs

sweepy
    Free Member

I couldn’t even give mine away on here

sync
    Free Member

Softshell Jackets are good as always. The black/blue ones I picked up earlier are easily as good as much more expensive ones.

Definitely wind / water proof

ransos
    Free Member

I’ve never had a problem with it, and that includes a couple of full strip-downs and rebuilds.

chum3
    Free Member

I’ve got one of them there workstands. It’s not perfect, but better than not having one, and I use it all the time…

doubledunter
    Free Member

I have the aldi version of the stand but basically looks the same, yep could be better and if I had my bike on it every day I would buy better, usually on the stand once a week indexing gears or whaterever for 5 mins so it does the job, I bought 2 of the softshells and a gillet from lidl about 4 or 5 years ago for a tenner each and I swear there as good today as they were when I bought them 😆

andysredmini
    Free Member

I have bought a couple of the yellow soft shells and I’m very impressed. they seem well made, good quality and fit really well. I have been searching for a similar jacket for a while now and fancied and tried a few gore ones but non were what I was looking for. They hadn’t got any of the blue ones in the two shops by me otherwise I would of got a couple of those too.

binners

I’ve had one of the Aldi trackpumps and its been great. I finally managed to break it last week while stumbling over it in the dark, and booting it across the yard. For 6 quid one of those Lidl ones will do nicely as a replacement

coppice
    Free Member

I bought two saddles based on this, will try it out over the weekend.

I inherited one of those saddles on a £20 ebay commuter, didn’t know it was lidl. Comfiest saddle I’ve ever ridden, I’ve lent the bike out and had the same comment.

Might be persuaded in to buy another.

ollybus
    Free Member

Picked up a softshell and a 5 quid pair of riding glasses. Not exactly Rapha or Oakley but i’m not exactly Bradley Wiggins. Should be fine for the daily commute and it doesn’t really matter if they get dirty / worn / lost

Muke
    Free Member

Has anyone any experience of the £9.99 light set, any good for the occasional road commute ?

chakaping
    Free Member

Got the track pump and a set of the orange glasses (only £3 at our local).

The glasses are really good.

jamj1974

I’ve got the stand. I think it is fine. I didn’t have high expectations, but it’s functional if a little fiddly. Completed 2 complete strip downs and 3 builds. Has been ok for all of them. It doesn’t wobble – which is probably my key requirement.

mtbfix

I bought one of the convertible soft shells a couple of years ago. Comfy and warm whilst you’re moving but does not breathe at all so gets very damp inside and so becomes cold quickly if you stop. Body part seems fairly shower proof but the arms let water through like they’re not there. I’ll keep using it now I have it but I’d not buy another.

Edit – thinking about, mine is an Aldi top so prob not relevant.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Lidl bike stuff next week’ is closed to new replies.