Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • PSA Lidl Bike Stuff
  • Muke
    Free Member

Have not seen a PSA for this so sorry if repost but Bike stuff back in on the 5th July including workstands that had some good reviews last time round and sold out quickly.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg//lidl_uk/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdate=32410&idcheck=true&ar2=&id=1075&country=GB&zipcode=RG22+6PE&city=Basingstoke&district=Churchill+Way+West&street=West+Ham+Roundabout&ar=2&nf=TRUE

eviljoe
    Free Member

Has anyone used the Sealant spray?

Any good?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Cheers for this, might have to try and get one of the stands!

Has anyone used the 3/4 tights? Are they as bad as the shorts?

PaulD
    Free Member

Friends in France buy the Aldi+Lidl sealant and rate it highly for use in their tubeless MTB tyres.

PaulD

soma_rich
    Free Member

No Socks those trainer socks look rubbish.

*sulks*

binners

Thanks for the heads up on that. Missed out on the workstands last time. They must have sold out in minutes. I’ll be waiting for them to open this time

Cheers!

bigblackshed

+1 for the work stands.

allthepies
    Free Member

If you go to the shop on the evening before the advertised special offer start day, about 1/2hr before closing then all the stuff is out and available for purchase*.

* has been my experience when I’ve done it, just the once mind.

Muke
    Free Member

Thursday morning bump 😉

Good advice from allthepies as well, I picked up a workstand last night.They had plenty in stock but the guy on the till said he had sold 5 already and they had only been on the shop floor for about half an hour.Didn’t check out the other stuff as only after a stand this time round.
    Happy shopping

rOcKeTdOg

on the 12th

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Half the bike stands had gone by 8:15am at the Lidl I went to 😯

allthepies
    Free Member

See above re: kit being on sale the evening before.

oli82
    Free Member

Still plenty (10+) of stands at Lidl Lichfield – but saw 3 go as I was getting mine!

RustyMac

For those that are buying the work stand.

I have had mine about a year now and for £30 have found it great value for money. It does however have a flaw in that the plastic clamps on the painted metal move once you put a bike on it.

There are easy fixes for it though.

1 – Wrap a section of cloth backed sand paper round the metal tube sections prior to inserting it into the plastic housings (chuck section and top of stand section). I used 80 grit and it has worked a charm, was a bit of a faff to fit but it only needs to be done once.

2 – Drill a hole through the clamps and the tube and secure a bolt through it in the same two places as above. I would think something like an M8 bolt would probably be enough.

I figured drilling a hole would invalidate the warranty and had the sand paper lying about as I was and still am decorating my flat. The stand can now happily hold my full sus by the seat post without twisting.

qwerty
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up, I just brought a workstand, they had around 30 left at 08:30 in the Cirencester store.

RustyMac

The rest of the stand is really good.
    The base can go really wide which combined with it being quite heavy makes it very stable. The magnetic parts tray that came with mine has been handy, havent uses the bar for holding the handle bars strait much but it works so will probably come in handy at some point.

sparkyrhino

my darling wife just picked one up from OULTON LEEDS,a dozen or so left.now i can make a complete bol**ck of my gear set up in style. 😯

binners

Thanks for the reminder. I’m nipping out at lunchtime see if our local one hasn’t run out of workstands. Fingers crossed! 😀

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I didn’t realise they don’t take credit cards !

justatheory
    Free Member

For those that are buying the work stand.

I have had mine about a year now and for £30 have found it great value for money. It does however have a flaw in that the plastic clamps on the painted metal move once you put a bike on it.

There are easy fixes for it though.

1 – Wrap a section of cloth backed sand paper round the metal tube sections prior to inserting it into the plastic housings (chuck section and top of stand section). I used 80 grit and it has worked a charm, was a bit of a faff to fit but it only needs to be done once.

2 – Drill a hole through the clamps and the tube and secure a bolt through it in the same two places as above. I would think something like an M8 bolt would probably be enough.

I figured drilling a hole would invalidate the warranty and had the sand paper lying about as I was and still am decorating my flat. The stand can now happily hold my full sus by the seat post without twisting.

+1

I used the bolt method, works perfectly. For people living in Manchester struggling to get hold of one, try Lidl in Prestwich, they had them in for ages after they’d sold out everywhere else last time.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Loads eft in langley mill an hour ago also in sutton in ashfield for those from Notts way

TheFopster
    Free Member

A whole pallet load of work-stands in the Milton K branch at lunchtime…

alpin
    Free Member

is that the same stand as they are currently selling in germany?

http://www.lidl.de/de/Auf-Tour-ab-02-07-/POWERFIX-Fahrrad-Montagestaender

RustyMac

alpin yup

The one i’ve got is made by cervit but looks exactly the same.

[edit]On closer inspection it would appear they have changed the jaw locking mechanism for this year from a big twirly knob to a quick release style thing[/edit]

alpin
    Free Member

sweet! fanks.

teamslug
    Free Member

Off to Featherstone now. Might get a couple or three if they have some. Any one want one..you can pick it up from me in Barnsley….be quick off in 5 mins

sobriety
    Free Member

Loads of stuff in the Beeston Lidl as well.

LapSteel
    Free Member

picked one up from Rawtenstall this morning, they had about 30!

last time I tried to buy one they were sold out but they said they only had 5 delivered so maybe they have realised they are popular.

teamslug
    Free Member

No bike stands at featherstone. i got last but one, last one went while i was at checkout

mulacs

Plenty of stock at Bordon for the Hampshire/west Surrey people. Pretty pleased with mine.

jam-bo

Loads still in the Tavistock store.

RustySpanner

About a dozen left in Tod at lunchtime.

Seatpacks complete with tools at a fiver are much better than the previous ones – well worth it.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Got the sealant but not exactly sure what its for or how to use it.Any ideas?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Got the sealant but not exactly sure what its for or how to use it.Any ideas?

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘PSA Lidl Bike Stuff’ is closed to new replies.