Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • PSA Lidl bike gear from 22/03/12
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Muke
    Free Member

No workstands this time around, anyone get one last time and how is it holding up ?

ski
    Free Member

Could do with some new jerseys, cannot see from the pic, do they have a zip front to them?

soma_rich
    Free Member

No socks!!!!

cp

the pics show a full length front zip.

quite fancy one of the gilets.

Muke
    Free Member

” Ladies’ styles with half zip, men’s styles with full zip, both with rear pockets ”

mustard
    Free Member

Insulated bottles for £2.50?! Be rude not to.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thanks for that. Undershorts and gilet look ok on pics.

ski
    Free Member

My Lidl socks must be 5 years old and still going strong 😉

Great, might join the 9am, running trolly start then

Sure I read here too, that the track pumps were worth a look.

Mackem

Last year’s gilet was crap (well, the zip was), the previous one was great. Still, cheap enough to risk.

meehaja
    Free Member

I’m wearing aldi socks right now! Cheap cycling shorts for turbo use, base layers, jerseys, all good!

ransos
    Free Member

I bought the shorts in the last sale – the fit is terrible. Socks are good though.

c_klein87

The base layers are very good, bought the vest top years back and its still going strong

40mpg

Good, I need a new gillet, last years zipper tab fell off.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Wondered when they would be back on.

From last year

Jersey: Very impressed will get another.
    Gloves: Comfortable will buy even more.
    Cycling Shorts: Awful fit, took them back.

Jamie
    Free Member

+! On cycling shorts being awful.

bluemonday22
    Free Member

Are the undershorts padded?

weegi
    Free Member

What are the sizes of the shorts etc like? Is the XL close to a 38″?

druidh
    Free Member

bluemonday22 – Member
    Are the undershorts padded?

From the link handily placed at the start of the thread 🙄

Seamless antimicrobial and anti-odour COOLMAX Silver® seating cushion with silver ions

mudshark
    Free Member

I have a pump from a few years ago bought as a spare but I find it unusable.

RichJJ
    Free Member

Padded undershorts and vests are excellent
    Cycling shorts are crap unless you have 2 legs of completley different sizes
    Socks great
    Tops with a Zip, so so
    Padded tights, good
    Gloves, worth the money, last a season then chuck them out.
    Insulated bottles, NO !! All insulation (foam), no bottle

therag
    Free Member

The work stand is still going strong. Real good buy.

headfirst
    Free Member

The day has arrived!!!

I should say that my work colleague’s aunt’s boyfriend’s mate’s postman’s friend works at the Lidl in Heckmondwike and apparently they’re not putting the bike stuff out UNTIL AT LEAST AFTER 2:00PM.

SO THERE IS NO POINT IN ANYONE CONSIDERING GOING TO THE HECKMONDWIKE STORE GOING BEFORE 2PM.

I REPEAT: DON’T GO TO THE HECKMONDWIKE STORE UNTIL AFTER 2PM IT WILL BE A WASTED TRIP, UNDERSTAND??

Just doing my bit to help my fellow cyclists.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Forgot about this – cheers for the heads up. No problems with my gilet from last year but got another ‘cos it’s possibly my most used bit of kit, new one appears to be even better (zipped pockets, better feel 2 the main zip) Last years padded shorts were good too – as good as my endura ones tbh- so got another couple of pairs plus a pair of 3/4’s which I wore on the way to work. The pad feels mahoosive! Comfy ‘tho. All good stuff, £35 for 2 pairs of shorts , a gilet, a pair of 3/4’s and pack of two tubes!

MrTall
    Free Member

Just been up to my local one and picked up one of the cheap panniers for £15 to bung on my pub/shop/gym bike, seems pretty good for the money. Also tried one of the cheapo mini pumps seeing as it has a pressure gauge on it. Can’t see it being much cop but was worth a punt for a fiver.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Glad to be of service.

Not just there for the doomed moments of life…

pictonroad

Just popped in, my mate bought the track pump, looks excellent for £6 tbh.

I wanted some padded shorts but the sizing seems really odd. A “M” is stated as Uk 38-40

I assume that’s inches, in which case, I’m waaaaaaaaaay out of the game on this one as I usually take a medium as a 32″ waist

weegi
    Free Member

Went to the Stirling store this morning, even by 9am a lot of the base layer sizes were gone. Saying that though, at least 7 or 8 lads in front of me looking at the goods.

As for sizes, they do indeed look “big” but they are “around the waist” or in my case..beer gut.. rather than a true reflection..e.g., my jeans are 38″ but I got XL base layers.

meehaja
    Free Member

hunslet store in Leeds is well stocked (or was at 11am today. Base layer vest is black and yellow rather than natty grey and they had long sleeved jerseys rather than SS.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Re. Sizing – “inches” figures are way out I reckon. Last year I got caught out by this and ended up with a too small pair of shorts. Pretty much all manufacturers medium fits me fine and so does the lidl medium. I hover between 32-34 for jeans and such, wearing 34 waist jeans now, the medium 3/4’s I wore to work were fine (despite the packet saying 38-40 inch waist 😯 )

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘PSA Lidl bike gear from 22/03/12’ is closed to new replies.